Discovery Gaming Community
Player Owned Bases - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Player Owned Bases (/showthread.php?tid=159051)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Player Owned Bases - Shiki - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 06:17 AM)Markam Wrote:
(06-01-2020, 05:52 AM)Shiki Wrote:
(05-31-2020, 02:16 AM)Karlotta Wrote:
(05-31-2020, 01:36 AM)Shiki Wrote: All bases in Dublin had time, many months to talk to Enclave and ensure their safety, not talking about Goldgeist here though, it had no chance as it had BMM- literally in its name. Bases chose to register under Bretonia and ignore Enclave. Now maybe, people who would wish to build new POB in Dublin will consider RPing with Enclave prior to construction, if POB owners are all about RP that much. Or so they all suddenly claim right now, playing victim card 24/7.

They have never even been contacted by Enclave but "had months to RP with Enclave and deserve to have their year old bases destroyed because they didnt beg for mercy the moment the Enclave came into existence years after their bases had already been built".

Lovely.

Enclave is not the faction that will run after you asking to fill papers. Its practicing different approaches, which I find interesting not to cosplay generic house type of deal. I will repeat that we have been waiting for many months so RP rich POB owners would honor us with comm. Now when attacks are happening they are all quick enough to remember about rp. Yikes.

(06-01-2020, 05:09 AM)Markam Wrote: I just want to see Enclave try to siege Goldern Coin and the RP that arises from that. I do believe it was on their list and is in line with the RP of clearing POBs in Dublin. The RP was fairly lightweight (not judging) but it was RP nonetheless.

Oh hello mister devtonia. If you want to see that, then why would you want to delete enclave? Or I imagine you are too busy lobbying bretonia colonizing more systems. All the hard work. But yeah, you are welcome to make a valor and siege if you want.

Nah, I just wondered if the Coalition would defend it, or if the Mollys still played the game. It is hard to tell, because I think the pob has wear and tear turned off.

If thats your concern, then i would suggest poking their discord. I doubt that current interaction of mollys are alive mostly because of the treatment they have received from baf. And for coalition contacts Thunderer would do it better than you, I think. Best of luck in your quest.

RE: Player Owned Bases - Sniper - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 06:20 AM)SlappyTheRoach Wrote:
(06-01-2020, 06:11 AM)Sniper Wrote: Hi Shiki.

Your comment about having "months" to RP Enclave doesn't have merit. Karlotta's statement does. You are supposed to RP and for any in Enclave to white-wash the lack of RP by putting blame on those who had months to sue for peace is offensive.

Ultimately there is growing resentment, anger and disgust because people's hard work for years, is being destroyed without validity. These bases have been there well before Enclave came into being is being targeted by a people who give lip service to RP and just want the giggles and glory.

This is hurting the community... and you know it.

Also with this, PoBs are basically oorp, non cannon so what RP you expect for a oorp base? So in discovery freelancer they do not exist. Where NPC bases do. Just move your RP to one of them and then boom no more lost RP. Even if the PoB is dead the RP still live ya know.

Enclave are non cannon.

You quoted me. Whats your point?

RE: Player Owned Bases - Grumblesaur - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 06:25 AM)Sniper Wrote: Enclave are non cannon.

Enclave is canon until proven otherwise. Your wishful thinking does nothing but underscore your own anti-Enclave bias. Are you actually upset about player bases being destroyed, or are you just mad that Enclave is the one destroying them?

RE: Player Owned Bases - SlappyTheRoach - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 06:25 AM)Sniper Wrote:
(06-01-2020, 06:20 AM)SlappyTheRoach Wrote:
(06-01-2020, 06:11 AM)Sniper Wrote: Hi Shiki.

Your comment about having "months" to RP Enclave doesn't have merit. Karlotta's statement does. You are supposed to RP and for any in Enclave to white-wash the lack of RP by putting blame on those who had months to sue for peace is offensive.

Ultimately there is growing resentment, anger and disgust because people's hard work for years, is being destroyed without validity. These bases have been there well before Enclave came into being is being targeted by a people who give lip service to RP and just want the giggles and glory.

This is hurting the community... and you know it.

Also with this, PoBs are basically oorp, non cannon so what RP you expect for a oorp base? So in discovery freelancer they do not exist. Where NPC bases do. Just move your RP to one of them and then boom no more lost RP. Even if the PoB is dead the RP still live ya know.

Enclave are non cannon.

Um ok, NPC faction is connon lol. A player base playing as a faction not so much cannon unless they are official which enclave have official faction.

RE: Player Owned Bases - L e o n - 06-01-2020

Okay listen, YOU HAD DAMM 8 HOURS TO TAKE DOWN THE ENCLAVE OR EVEN MORE! for real and you just thinking for yourself to make change to a PoB. The Enclave actually sat and shot the PoB for 8 or more hours while you people just came to one fight and gave up already.

RE: Player Owned Bases - Sniper - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 06:15 AM)SlappyTheRoach Wrote: Its part of the game, and IT IS JUST A GAME. Honestly I think PoBs sould be removed, Yes I own 1 PoB and maintain 2 others it sucks time wasters. If PoBs were to go poof, no more I would not really care even if I had a good amount of RP on it. regarding the special equipment that they make, you will just have to make them into SRP instead.

So it is ideology driven to destroy PoB's even though so many others love to build PoB's and maintain them and having fun.

That is bullying behaviour. You are taking your ideology and enforcing it on others and if they don't like it you destroy their stuff. You are a bully.

You go on and on about it IT IS JUST A GAME.
It is but its no fun for those who want to play the game if you bully them... and are you a bully?

(06-01-2020, 06:34 AM)Sniper Wrote:
(06-01-2020, 06:15 AM)SlappyTheRoach Wrote: Its part of the game, and IT IS JUST A GAME. Honestly I think PoBs sould be removed, Yes I own 1 PoB and maintain 2 others it sucks time wasters. If PoBs were to go poof, no more I would not really care even if I had a good amount of RP on it. regarding the special equipment that they make, you will just have to make them into SRP instead.

So it is ideology driven to destroy PoB's even though so many others love to build PoB's and maintain them and having fun.

That is bullying behaviour. You are taking your ideology and enforcing it on others and if they don't like it you destroy their stuff. You are a bully.

You go on and on about it IT IS JUST A GAME.
It is but its no fun for those for those who want to play the game if you bully them... and are you a bully?

Why are you taking this personally? Did you have a hand in every POB in Dublin or are you just looking for a reason to be mad?

RE: Player Owned Bases - Reddy - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 06:31 AM)TheFireLeon Wrote: Okay listen, YOU HAD DAMM 8 HOURS TO TAKE DOWN THE ENCLAVE OR EVEN MORE! for real and you just thinking for yourself to make change to a PoB. The Enclave actually sat and shot the PoB for 8 or more hours while you people just came to one fight and gave up already.

That is normally sleep time, i came to 3 fights yesterday. We can't have all the time in the world. Work and obligations are more important than a 17 year old space sim.

RE: Player Owned Bases - Markam - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 06:25 AM)Shiki Wrote: If thats your concern, then i would suggest poking their discord. I doubt that current interaction of mollys are alive mostly because of the treatment they have received from baf. And for coalition contacts Thunderer would do it better than you, I think. Best of luck in your quest.

BAF isn't going to work with the Coaltion to defend a Molly base obviously, so unless the Coalition helps it would be a free siege. May not be able to resist the temptation to shoot Enclave (POB PVP is yesterdays lunch but it is still PVP) but otherwise its not our problem.

(06-01-2020, 06:36 AM)Reddy Wrote: That is normally sleep time, i came to 3 fights yesterday. We can't have all the time in the world. Work and obligations are more important than a 17 year old space sim.

One player's sleep period is another one's leisure time. Time zones and sleep schedules are many and varied.