Discovery Gaming Community
Player Owned Bases - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Player Owned Bases (/showthread.php?tid=159051)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Player Owned Bases - SlappyTheRoach - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 06:57 AM)Hubjump Wrote:
(06-01-2020, 06:46 AM)Grumblesaur Wrote: Defenselessness is a choice of the POB owners

No it isn't.
https://i.imgur.com/gFtYLG9.png
Once again I'm advocating for set siege times twice a day for 1-3 hours each occurrence.
Because due to offtimes.
No one is going to defend that POB.
And due to weapon platforms only being useful for PVP defence... Well... What defence? Because those micro managed weapon platforms aren't going to do anything when they're dead 99% of the time.

Saying that I'm assuming they still work like they used to when they just popped and respawned every now and then during the siege.
Speaking from my past OC siege experiences let alone BAF and a one time shared Jorm from back in the day. Just you know...
Making it clear that I and other players who are for changes to sieging do have experience being on the attacking end.

So your saying because I am in the servers off peak time (which is the time I can play) I should be punished and not be allowed to play the game as it is then?

RE: Player Owned Bases - Sniper - 06-01-2020

[quote="Grumblesaur" pid='2166514' dateline='1590985348']

Since it is not the first time you invoke the general rationality behind sieges and iRL sieges mechanics, let me tell you a few examples.

1. Mongols/Tamerlan.

Kenghis Khan gave cities opportunity to capitulate, and those that refused he attacked until they surrendered. No RP = no opportunity to surrender.

2. Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Were not sieges

It was a seige. The whole country was the fortress.

3. A lot of Nazi sieges in the USSR

I wouldn't idolise the Nazi's as your role model. You are seiging a PoB, not a planet.

Its a game. It isn't real life. But people play this game without whom there would be no game. They want to be here to enjoy it.

You are harming the community.

Perhaps you need to start a new server to practice your ideology in.

[Quote]
The number of these POB-drama-related threads and constant whining actually is undermining your position and on emotional level making people more likely to oppose your proposals just because of whining. And there is nothing wrong with that, just simple psychology.
[/quote]

Not what feedback I am getting.
Each posting was deliberately worded and a lot of thought went into them. Each one has a different purpose, deliberately lancing the various festering wounds. And the one you are posting on now I did not start. It has provoked a response, and the message is getting through.

You are doing harm. It is a small-populated server. Losing 5 players is a sizable loss, and easy to do.

I wonder how long it will be before the approach you are taking is seen by the community as bulling, as negative to the game, against the principals of fair play, natural justice and the spirit of the game.

With 44 people on the server, when 11 of them were attacking Eldorado, not going to be long before server numbers begin to slide again.

What I cannot abide is the mistaken belief one can take horrible ideology from history and reenact them in a game, decimating the active population and thinking it is justifiable.

You are hurting people, you are damaging the game. You need to take stock an wise up to the damage you are doing.

RE: Player Owned Bases - Hubjump - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 07:05 AM)SlappyTheRoach Wrote: So your saying because I am in the servers off peak time (which is the time I can play) I should be punished and not be allowed to play the game as it is then?

You might not be able to attend the first siege of the day.
But you might make the second.
One AM and one PM.
And if you can't do either.
There would always be the weekend.
As with set times the siege would drag out longer and have far more interactions.
As I said before. Things can be altered with my proposal such as a halting of repairs during the siege if really necessary.

It's better for everyone this way as the POB owner and defenders actually get to see the POB lose health rather than it be destroyed over a night or two where not enough people are awake to help stop such a sieging force. But that's just my proposal as you specific participants of the most recent enclave sieges are fanatically defending your actions rather than having an actual debate on the ease of blowing up POBs the way you're doing it.

RE: Player Owned Bases - Grumblesaur - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 07:21 AM)Sniper Wrote: With 44 people on the server, when 11 of them were attacking Eldorado, not going to be long before server numbers begin to slide again.

What I cannot abide is the mistaken belief one can take horrible ideology from history and reenact them in a game, decimating the active population and thinking it is justifiable.

You are hurting people, you are damaging the game. You need to take stock an wise up to the damage you are doing. [/color]

I think you overestimate the number of people who are so invested in POBs.

Grumblesaur you're just scared to accept that you're in the wrong when it comes to the effect your actions have on the playerbase and server.

I really hope you see this and get your head out of your sphincter.
(06-01-2020, 07:24 AM)Hubjump Wrote: You can admit something is either toxic or unbalanced whilst partaking in the action. There isn't actually anything inherently wrong with a show of hypocrisy other than the stigma and personal feelings such as jealousy. Context matters and you just happen to be the catalyst to the debate of the problem regarding offtime siege logging.

RE: Player Owned Bases - SlappyTheRoach - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 07:23 AM)Hubjump Wrote:
(06-01-2020, 07:05 AM)SlappyTheRoach Wrote: So your saying because I am in the servers off peak time (which is the time I can play) I should be punished and not be allowed to play the game as it is then?

You might not be able to attend the first siege of the day.
But you might make the second.
One AM and one PM.
And if you can't do either.
There would always be the weekend.
As with set times the siege would drag out longer and have far more interactions.
As I said before. Things can be altered with my proposal such as a halting of repairs during the siege if really necessary.

It's better for everyone this way as the POB owner and defenders actually get to see the POB lose health rather than it be destroyed over a night or two where not enough people are awake to help stop such a sieging force. But that's just my proposal as you specific participants of the most recent enclave sieges are fanatically defending your actions rather than having an actual debate on the ease of blowing up POBs the way you're doing it.

I am not defending my actions no. I gave them some good ideas to help them defend and I was on the attacking side. If they did what I said they would have repeled us for a bit and had a chance to restock. But no they did nothing but send in a very light force at a time and gave up after 1 round.

Then proceeded to whine on here and not be in game to help defend it.

But yes I am defending myself. Cool

(06-01-2020, 07:32 AM)SlappyTheRoach Wrote: I am not defending my actions no.
(06-01-2020, 07:32 AM)SlappyTheRoach Wrote: But yes I am defending myself. [Image: cool.png]

Would you mind elaborating what you mean by these contradicting statements?

RE: Player Owned Bases - Grumblesaur - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 07:28 AM)Hubjump Wrote: Grumblesaur you're just scared to accept that you're in the wrong when it comes to the effect your actions have on the playerbase and server.

I really hope you see this and get your head out of your sphincter.

(06-01-2020, 07:24 AM)Hubjump Wrote: You can admit something is either toxic or unbalanced whilst partaking in the action. There isn't actually anything inherently wrong with a show of hypocrisy other than the stigma and personal feelings such as jealousy. Context matters and you just happen to be the catalyst to the debate of the problem regarding offtime siege logging.

I'm sorry, I might be a little daft, but if my "effect" on the playerbase is scaring off the risk-averse players from interacting in-game, I don't see how that's a loss for the game environment.

(06-01-2020, 07:33 AM)Grumblesaur Wrote: I don't see how that's a loss for the game environment.

Less players means less interactions which leads to less players which leads to the mod finally dying.
You have to be trolling at this point. We need to compromise and keep as many people as happy as we can for as long as we can to keep the mod alive for as long as it possible can be for all of us, our collective entertainment.

RE: Player Owned Bases - WesternPeregrine - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 06:31 AM)TheFireLeon Wrote: Okay listen, YOU HAD DAMM 8 HOURS TO TAKE DOWN THE ENCLAVE OR EVEN MORE! for real and you just thinking for yourself to make change to a PoB. The Enclave actually sat and shot the PoB for 8 or more hours while you people just came to one fight and gave up already.

Even if you destroy Enclave siege group in seven out of those eight hours, the damage done in the single hour will not be recovered during the period of the other seven. A group sieging two or three hours a day is winning against a group that could "potentially" defend the base the other 21 or 22 hours of the day. Provided that a group of sufficient number and skill does exist in reality to counter the siege....

We will always find reality to be a few kilometers short of the perfectly planned hypothetical scenario.