Discovery Gaming Community
Player Owned Bases - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Player Owned Bases (/showthread.php?tid=159051)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Player Owned Bases - Karlotta - 06-29-2019

(06-24-2019, 08:51 PM)St.Denis Wrote: I have just done two timed checks on a recently placed POB.

I recorded the RA, RH and HS of the Base and then did a check after 10 minutes. Only the RA had gone down at the expected rate.

I waited a couple of more minutes and again recorded all 3 RMs and waited 20 minutes. Once again, only the RA had gone down at expected rates.

It might be worth checking at what rate your RMs are going down and report it to the Devs if it is not doing as expected.

Did a few tests, and it seems that if there is only RA present on the base, the base eats it as about 120 units/hour.

When there is RA and another repair commodity present, it eats both at about 60 units/hour each. (but it doesnt eat more than 2 types)

Maybe it has to do with the fact that it's a level 3 base.

It's not a big problem, but it just seemed weird because as far as I noticed before, a level 3 base that is at 100% health at would eat only RA even when 3 repair commodities were present.

RE: Player Owned Bases - Karlotta - 01-09-2020

Bump because of recent drama.

RE: Player Owned Bases - Wesker - 01-09-2020

Your ben shapiro take on pobs will not save the ones in munich. Silence, pob owner.

RE: Player Owned Bases - Loken - 01-09-2020

Some of these suggestions have merit. What would you do about all of the currently existing bases?

(01-09-2020, 06:35 PM)Wesker Wrote: Your ben shapiro take on pobs will not save the ones in munich. Silence, pob owner.

What does this have to do with Ben Shapiro?

(01-09-2020, 06:39 PM)Loken Wrote: Some of these suggestions have merit. What would you do about all of the currently existing bases?

Leave them as is, or have some of them moved. Both works. This is more about preventing drama about future bases, less about existing ones.

About the second option, I think there should be a mechanism that permits moving, renaming, and changing the IFF of pobs, which involves large amounts of credits and adherence to strict rules so it only has positive and no negative results. But thats kind of another story.

RE: Player Owned Bases - Binski - 01-09-2020

I never weighed in on this one yet.

As to restricting manufacturing POB's to certain zone's, I'd have to disagree with that idea. It would require quite a bit of enforcment, and narrow options too much. I'm still ok with bases being built close to mining zones too. When people build in mining zones, it might block pirates, but it might also get them sieged.

The sad fact is during these POB sieges recently, there may simply not have been enough on both sides to ensure fair and balanced battles. Sometimes that is the point, or the cause of why attacks will even come. I do support factions being able to form temp alliances though to help balance things out.

My own opinion is to give players other things to do, force them to have other priorities as well, so that sieging mining POB's comes last, if necessary. But its always been a thing where if you build a big base 30-40k from safey out in an asteroid field or nebula, its a risky move if there are enemy factions that have ZOI there. I don't like the idea of knocking out bases to just make a precendent though, so when times like that come I favor the avenue of giving more to base owners for less in the first place.

I still think that as long as mining zones are in areas that have at least 2 factions with battleships with overlapping ZOI's pretty much solves the piracy problem regarding POB's blocking mining zones. If I were a pirate in Tau-23, and a POB was built, many WP's, blocked the area etc, if it was so bad, I could go get an OC cap, maybe join an OC faction and try to encourage a group effort. Or, if no one cares enough, they get away with that much. I found in situations like that, I'd just shift to hitting transports leaving with ore or coming in with base supplies. After enough work, they earn some extra security. Its rare these days though for bases to get to that point.

I do fully support adding an earnable way to move a POB. Players will work for it no problem, even if it required something like Sci-data, let players do bare minimum moves of say 5-10 k per X units of sci-data, up to Xk maximum distance per request. Then players could do small moves, and eventually, if they want to earn and pay, move a base slowly to any new location. It would also prevent bases from moving too far too quickly if they do fall under attack. However in some cases, being able to move your base 10-20k, if you could afford it, might be enough to get your enemies off your back. You could then try to negotiate with the attackers to just pull back a bit.

RE: Player Owned Bases - verzilli - 04-24-2020

Is there a list of POB?

RE: Player Owned Bases - Skorak - 04-24-2020

Yes.
https://discoverygc.com/forums/bases.php

RE: Player Owned Bases - kerfy - 04-24-2020

The whole "I hate POB's so I will use any excuse to blast them " mentality should be stomped on hard.... kills gameplay for many many people.. just my own opinion..