Discovery Gaming Community
A brief History... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: A brief History... (/showthread.php?tid=1591)

Pages: 1 2

A brief History... - Aeon - 09-09-2006

The Sirius Coalition Revolutionary Army is a group formed out of the survivors of the old Confederation loyalists placed among the alliance crews before their flight from the Sol system.
The Coalition, in fear of their mortal enemies the Alliance, planted five groups of saboteurs within the inner circles of The Alliance. These men and women relayed top-secret classified information over the years of the Great War, which eventually led to the collapse of the impregnable Alliance blockade of Earth. Later, the Coalition fleet broke free and rampaged toward Planet Jupiter and its myriad moons.
As the Alliance defences were destroyed one by one, the five sleeper ships broke free of the invaders and accelerated into hyperspace for the long journey in the direction of the Sirius sector. In desperation these five saboteurs attempted to compromise the ships, though only one woman, Anastasia Romanoff managed to activate her device in the heart of the Hispanias engines. Though crippled, Hispanias automated repair cycles were still active, and the ship eventually got away, far behind the other four.
As the Hispania approached the Sirius sector of space, the second part of the device went off belatedly, triggered by the repair cycles. As the great ship slowly disintegrated while at near light speed three life pods were ejected, one containing the four remaining saboteurs, one containing the future Corsairs, and the last with the future Outcasts.
These pods eventually landed in their own systems respectively, the Corsairs on Planet Crete, the Outcasts on Planet Malta, and the saboteurs on Planet Gran Canaria. These worlds were hidden away for several centuries, the most recently discovered being Gran Canaria, only some 50 odd years ago. Each faction developed its own ideas, philosophies, and traditions.
After several generations the Saboteurs, fearing that without contact with the rest of the survivors their technology might grow obsolete, planted key members into the four remaining factions, and watched and waited for their time. That time is now, and the time for the long awaited return to the Sol System is now. Loyalists have been called up from all branches of the Sirius system, and a Great Armada had been formed. We lack only certain vital information on star charts, and hyperspeed navigation. The time grows near, my Brothers. Will you Fight, or Will you Die?

A brief History... - marauder - 09-09-2006

***OOC***

I hope you don't mind if I post a few comments on this...

It's a great idea, and a good story, only problem is you've kinda rewritten the history of the outcasts.

The hispania got the sirus with half the crew left, thats why theres the hispania debris field in omicron alpha.

The half that stayed on the ship became the outcasts, the other half of the crew used the shuttles to get to sirus and became the corsairs.

Plus in the bar on malta is a rumour saying that only 5 of the 8 ships built got through the coalition blockade.

Just thought you might want to know more of the background.

Oh, one question, what NPC faction are you gonna be aligned with?

thats cool i dont really know much about the outcasts since i dont go up that ways.

we're aligned with the corsairs, so watch out there buddy boy! :P

Only my outcast character has to 'watch out'.

Otherwise theres no reason for you to shoot at any of my other characters.

So your coalition survivors/descendants that are aligned to the corsairs?

That doesn't make much sense to be honest.

If your coalition survivors/descendants then the xeno tag would fit better, everyone but the zoners (who try to be neutral with everyone) and the IMG (who are a bunch of miners, like most of the xenos were) will be shooting at you, which is what should and would happen to coalition survivors/descendants.

Plus this faction would affect everyones RP on the server, maybe you should check that igiss is ok with this.

marauder,Sep 9 2006, 12:26 PM Wrote:Only my outcast character has to 'watch out'.

Otherwise theres no reason for you to shoot at any of my other characters.

So your coalition survivors/descendants that are aligned to the corsairs?

That doesn't make much sense to be honest.

If your coalition survivors/descendants then the xeno tag would fit better, everyone but the zoners (who try to be neutral with everyone) and the IMG (who are a bunch of miners, like most of the xenos were) will be shooting at you, which is what should and would happen to coalition survivors/descendants.

Plus this faction would affect everyones RP on the server, maybe you should check that igiss is ok with this.
[snapback]35408[/snapback]

dood i talked to Korrd and Wolfpack they ok'd it.

neways i didnt want to take zoner IDs cuz they take awhile to get and they wont allow unlawful actions.

and if we're coalition surivors, it makes more sense to aligned with pirates than lawfuls, does it not?

I suggested the xeno tag beacuse only two factions are neutral to them.

Everyone is only in sirus because it was the only way to escape the coalition, how do you think they'd react if they found some of those coalition had arrived with them?

Yup, they'd do everything they could to kill them off.

As the xenos are hated by all but two factions they'd fit in with your RP much better the the corsairs who are only hated by a handful of factions.

A brief History... - Admiral Yamato - 09-09-2006

I have to agree with marauder here simply because in terms of RP, I doubt even the pirates will be very fond of coalition survivors (though they may be more tolerant than the house militaries). After all, it is the fault of the predecessors of your clan that the Outcasts & Corsairs did not have the opportunity to become a major House power.

A brief History... - Koolmo - 09-10-2006

I dont think that anyone really cares about 'who got who to what system' anymore, its not like the sector still thinks of itself as "the alliance", and it prob hasn't for a long time. But thanks for the suggestions, we are still in development, so the more input we get, the better we will turn out.

A brief History... - Alex06 - 09-10-2006

Notice this: The Outcasts and the corsairs believe that one of the other houses
sabotaged thier sleeper ship to get less competition of the resources in sirious
so they seek revenge now.

(rumour on Malta)

And you say some ppl sabotaged thier ship and you expect the corsairs to ally with them? (You dont have to let them know that :crazy: )

A bit wierd :wacko:

A brief History... - Aeon - 09-10-2006

of course we wouldnt tell them that! the alliance with the corsairs is for purely political reasons! not sentimentality or nething like that.