Discovery Gaming Community
Cryo Organisms needs an unlawful sellpoint. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Cryo Organisms needs an unlawful sellpoint. (/showthread.php?tid=159222)

Pages: 1 2

Cryo Organisms needs an unlawful sellpoint. - Enkidu - 03-19-2018

No, Omicron Gamma doesn't apply.

For real, why does Cryo Organisms only have lawful sellpoints? It means only Junkers and Freelancers can ship the stuff, which is massively marginalising both for the outcast miners and for the players who can ship Cryos. It's not as if Junkers frequently ship Cryos anyway. It's also a massive nerf compared to Corsairs as Corsairs have a minable that is viable for unlawful smugglers.

If NB and NY are going to be sellpoints, why not also make Kreuzberg and Rochester sellpoints?

RE: Cryo Organisms needs an unlawful sellpoint. - Zephyranthes - 03-19-2018

More to that, it also needs an infocard.

RE: Cryo Organisms needs an unlawful sellpoint. - Sciamach - 03-19-2018

I mean Malta buys it pretty for a decent price for its location.
Also yes: please give it an infocard.

The Outcasts get shafted every single time the devs look in their general direction in some form or another.
This time we didn't even get an infocard. I'm obviously being hyperbolic and joking but the trend is amusing nonetheless.

RE: Cryo Organisms needs an unlawful sellpoint. - Enkidu - 03-19-2018

(03-19-2018, 06:01 AM)Sciamach Wrote: I mean Malta buys it pretty for a decent price for its location.
Also yes: please give it an infocard.

Not at the point where it'd be profitable to pay an OC miner.

(03-19-2018, 06:02 AM)Tænì Wrote: Not at the point where it'd be profitable to pay an OC miner.

This post and the fact that myself and a number of my faction members and associates have been doing this literally all day today for several hours at a time says otherwise.

I'm not disagreeing with you that some of these sellpoints need to be looked at again, but this is decently profitable.

RE: Cryo Organisms needs an unlawful sellpoint. - Enkidu - 03-19-2018

(03-19-2018, 06:06 AM)Sciamach Wrote:
(03-19-2018, 06:02 AM)Tænì Wrote: Not at the point where it'd be profitable to pay an OC miner.

This post and the fact that myself and a number of my faction members and associates have been doing this literally all day today for several hours at a time says otherwise.

I'm not disagreeing with you that some of these sellpoints need to be looked at again, but this is decently profitable.

That's a fairly pleasant surprise, I'll admit.

Also: If I'm not mistaken, Beaumont Spire is currently buying the organisms in Texas for a reasonable price if you can stomach the trip.

RE: Cryo Organisms needs an unlawful sellpoint. - Omicron Beta Mining Operations - 03-19-2018

Since Unioners are technically speaking neutral to Outcasts, by all means, please sling down a few of your transports to Alpha and hook up with a mining group this evening. Test the trip to both Malta and the one to Beaumont Spire to see how the overall profit is and whether or not it is comparable to Corsairs. Right now it feels as though that the income you can generate is very adequate, but only if you can be bothered to do it as we do - sit in the field with a dedicated mining ship and prepare ore for haulers, scan the player list for potential transports and pester them in PM with promises of big moonies once you find one.

When you get at least 5 players running, the cash the miner generates is very adequate and the people running the stuff only pay around a thousand per unit and their profit is maximized as well. No mining POBs involved.

RE: Cryo Organisms needs an unlawful sellpoint. - Kosa - 04-09-2018

Errr.. what are cryo organisms??

RE: Cryo Organisms needs an unlawful sellpoint. - Sciamach - 04-09-2018

Cryo-organisms are a mineable commodity in Maltese space, which currently have no infocard and sell fairly well on Manhattan.