Discovery Gaming Community
Need admin verification: Talarca civilian light cruiser. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Need admin verification: Talarca civilian light cruiser. (/showthread.php?tid=15924)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Need admin verification: Talarca civilian light cruiser. - Guest - 01-31-2009

I have been asked this two times now, yet the only excuse i can say is that it clearly states it is a civilian cruiser. Thus, it is possible for anyone to use it, of course, if not restricted by Rp or ID. So, an outcast guard IFFed and IDed talarca "should" be in rp. We see pirated using the civilian bobmers, hawks, griffins, and so on.

But the problem that sticks to mind is its infocard.
Not only it says that its for welthy freelancers (whose ID restricts them having any ship larger than a Gunboat) and the civilian text in it.

Question for the admins:

Talarca is a civilian cruiser...or a KUSARI CIVILIAN cruiser? Aka for the welthy kusarians and so forth.
Would be nice if we had an explenation, i do not wish to get in trouble sooner or later. One of my rps and chars is on the edge to be scraped if it suddenly turns out to br OORP.

Need admin verification: Talarca civilian light cruiser. - Dab - 01-31-2009

Quote:Talarca Light Cruiser

The Talarca Cruiser is a rare ship built by one of the private ship-building companies of Kusari. Origins of the Talarca remains unknown; some say it's based upon an early Kusari gunboat prototype, some assume that it was constructed by ancient alien race. Classified between gunboats and cruisers, the Talarca is an efficient and cheap capital ship, often used by freelancers of both lawful and unlawful alignment.

Please tell me where it says Civilian anywhere. Private ship-building companies. Kusari Gunboat Prototype. The only thing hinting to it being even remotely available to everyone is that it is used by Freelancers. Its sold on a BD base and Honshu. Certain factions would not be able to use it.. Corsairs shouldn't be able to for example, for everything points towards it being Blood Dragon and Kusarian. Both of which are hostile to them. I don't like how people tend to regard it as a Civilian cruiser. The only civilian cruiser is the Zoner Destroyer. If you want civilian, get that.

Need admin verification: Talarca civilian light cruiser. - Guest - 01-31-2009

One "no" so far then.

Need admin verification: Talarca civilian light cruiser. - Grumblesaur - 01-31-2009

' Wrote:Please tell me where it says Civilian anywhere. Private ship-building companies. Kusari Gunboat Prototype. The only thing hinting to it being even remotely available to everyone is that it is used by Freelancers. Its sold on a BD base and Gran Canaria. However, certain factions would not be able to use it.. Corsairs shouldn't be able to for example, for everything points towards it being Blood Dragon and ex-Kusarian. Both of which are hostile to them. I don't like how people tend to regard it as a Civilian cruiser. The only civilian cruiser is the Zoner Destroyer. If you want civilian, get that.

I believe it's also sold on a Hessian base. Not exactly sure though. Not Gran Canaria though. That sells two ships, the Battlestar Advanced and the Raven's Talon. It may not be Civilian, but it's said to be used by freelancers. The ID seems to rule against this though. :/

Incidentally, since Kusari lawfuls are friendly [?] to Hogosha, wouldn't they also be friendly to Corsairs? The Corsairs and Kusari lawfuls [along with Hogosha and Farmer's Alliance] hate Blood Dragons and Golden Chrysanthemums. I don't see why they couldn't use the Talarca.

Need admin verification: Talarca civilian light cruiser. - Markus_Janus - 01-31-2009

Actually it is sold on Mito Shipyards or Planet Honshu.
If it says Freelancers can get it and Harvesters do I would say that it is pretty close to civilian.
Also the Taiidan line of ships is a pretty clear example of how far selling locations can count.

Need admin verification: Talarca civilian light cruiser. - Grumblesaur - 01-31-2009

' Wrote:Actually it is sold on Mito Shipyards or Planet Honshu.
If it says Freelancers can get it and Harvesters do I would say that it is pretty close to civilian.
Also the Taiidan line of ships is a pretty clear example of how far selling locations can count.

True. GMG ships sold on an RM BS.

EDIT: Cancel that, my bugs = Bad.

' Wrote:*Sigh*

Mito Shipyards and Gran Canaria. No Hessian base. I could screenshot it for you, but I'm too lazy. Its up to you to do the research before you say these things. But it is, 100% fact, that its sold on those two bases, as well as Evora Shipyard. Thats Order, not Hessian by the way.

I've docked on Gran Canaria. Never saw the Talarca there.

But if it was sold on a Zoner base, logically -anyone- could get it.

Need admin verification: Talarca civilian light cruiser. - Drake - 01-31-2009

Mito and Planet Honshu, that's it.

No, not 'logically.' Just as Corsairs and Xenos are not allowed to use the Viper, even though its on Corfu. Just because its sold on a Zoner base, does not mean its available to anyone who docks there.

Bah, and strike one for Dab's buggy computer.. I use datastorm for modding.. And I click on Talarca and it shows Ravens Talon. Mito and Honshu. So ignore everything about Gran Canaria. And its most certaintly not civilian and available for everyone.