Discovery Gaming Community
[FLHook] Docking Modules Rewrite - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod FLHook Projects (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=266)
+----- Thread: [FLHook] Docking Modules Rewrite (/showthread.php?tid=159333)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: [FLHook] Docking Modules Rewrite - Durandal - 03-24-2018

I should have clarified. By singleplayer I meant without other people present, not explicitly offline. @Nodoka Hanamura has been screwing around on a private server with some folks lately, and I'm sure she'd be happy to help live test it in a controlled environment before deploying it on the main server if you're interested.

RE: [FLHook] Docking Modules Rewrite - Remnant - 03-24-2018

I've had a few people offering to help me test it, which is absolutely fantastic. I know I'll be getting in contact with someone who can help on that front as soon as it's ready.

As a general status update, the saving-loading state portion has been almost completed. Ships are saved, and loaded correctly on disconnects and reconnects (thus making it so the system remembers that you were docked, and doesn't spit you out beneath the center point of the map)

The only issue that's remaining, is that files aren't being deleted from the filesystem when they should be. After I emerge from this fist-fight hopefully victorious, after a few small other adjustments, we'll be good to go for testing.

RE: [FLHook] Docking Modules Rewrite - Random RP Alt - 03-24-2018

That's awesome to hear. I hope it will work withno any issues Smile

RE: [FLHook] Docking Modules Rewrite - Karlotta - 03-24-2018

Very good Remnant keep it up.

RE: [FLHook] Docking Modules Rewrite - Remnant - 03-25-2018

All done. Big thanks to @Nodoka Hanamura for lending me her private server, and a few friends to go through and power through different scenarios to see if it could be broken. A few bugfixes later, I'm happy with the finished product.

I'm not going to stamp a 100% bug-free guarantee on it, although anything problems blatantly obvious, or things which are easily discovered through 2-3 hours of testing with a few ships, have been nuked from high orbit and have been patched. Really, if there's any issues left, the easiest way to find them is merely to let you folks (the community) at it for 5-6 days. I'm sure any remaining problems will be brought up. (It's easier to fix bugs, if you know what they are.)

A pull request will be made tomorrow after I remove some hardcoded debug lines.

Generally I'm simply waiting for the Administration team to get back to me. Soon™

Features
For the base model. Nothing new here.
  • Players can dock on ships with mounted docking modules. (Up to the number of modules equipped. Carrier has 2 modules? 2 can dock.
  • Carrier can /jettisonship to force docked users to space
  • Carrier can use /listdocked to display who all is currently docked
  • If a carrier is docked, any nested ships while undocking, automatically land at the carriers current landing point.
  • If a carrier is blown up, all nested ships automatically are forced into space. (Flee, little snubs!)
  • If a carrier or docked ship disconnect, the information the plugin requires to manage them is automatically saved to a file. This file is then read, loaded back in, and deleted once the same character reconnects. (I can't promise plugin state data will be written through server crashes. Something to look into soonish.)
  • If something REALLY goes wrong, and the plugin screws up where a docked ship should be placed when leaving the carrier, it teleports the ship to it's last known base outside of the carrier. (This shouldn't happen, but is merely a fail safe it is does for some reason)

Aaannnd that's about it! (For now!)

Happy Docking!

RE: [FLHook] Docking Modules Rewrite - Sand_Spider - 03-25-2018

Nice!! MAJOR KUDOS to everyone who had a hand in testing, and @Remnant!

Suggestion: Perhaps allow a /jettisonship # command, so that you can type a number corresponding to the player docked with the ship, rather than their name (Unless that's how it already works, in which case, derp on my part!)

Smile THANK YOU!! Smile

RE: [FLHook] Docking Modules Rewrite - ronillon - 03-25-2018

WOW, this is AWESOME! Thanks a bunch. Cant wait.

RE: [FLHook] Docking Modules Rewrite - Karlotta - 03-25-2018

Awesome

(03-25-2018, 03:07 AM)Remnant Wrote: If a carrier or docked ship disconnect, the information the plugin requires to manage them is automatically saved to a file. This file is then read, loaded back in, and deleted once the same character reconnects. (I can't promise plugin state data will be written through server crashes. Something to look into soonish.)

What if a fighter docked on a carrier logs on while the carrier is logged off?

While the carrier stays logged on, is it possible to dock, switch to another ship docked on the carrier, launch, and do the whole thing again?

RE: [FLHook] Docking Modules Rewrite - Epo - 03-25-2018

Holy beaver! Much thanks!

RE: [FLHook] Docking Modules Rewrite - bakugone - 03-25-2018

Keep it up and we will have nice Docking Moduels again!