Discovery Gaming Community
[FLHook] Docking Modules Rewrite - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod FLHook Projects (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=266)
+----- Thread: [FLHook] Docking Modules Rewrite (/showthread.php?tid=159333)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: [FLHook] Docking Modules Rewrite - Remnant - 03-25-2018

(03-25-2018, 03:45 PM)Karlotta Wrote: What if a fighter docked on a carrier logs on while the carrier is logged off?

If you are a ship which was carried, there are three bits of information serialized to a file.
1) The Client ID
2) The Character Name for the vessel you are docked with
3) The last known real base you were docked at. (Real, meaning not the proxy base)

Provided that you logged back in as someone docked on a carrier, that's the information it has available.

If you try to undock, and it finds that there is no parent ship with the saved carrier name, it instead sends you to the last known place you were docked at.

Ie: You launch from Planet Pittsburgh and dock on a carrier. You log off for some reason. The carrier logs off. You log back in. When you undock, you'll find yourself back on Pittsburgh.

Quote:While the carrier stays logged on, is it possible to dock, switch to another ship docked on the carrier, launch, and do the whole thing again?

I don't see why not. The carrier saves a list of everyone docked. (The list you see when you use the `/listdocked` command)
Even if you log off, you don't disappear off of the carriers list. You're still registered as being there. Swapping ships shouldn't be an issue.

RE: [FLHook] Docking Modules Rewrite - ronillon - 03-25-2018

(03-25-2018, 06:31 PM)Remnant Wrote: 3) The last known real base you were docked at. (Real, meaning not the proxy base)
What if the last base before docking on carrier was POB?

RE: [FLHook] Docking Modules Rewrite - Remnant - 03-25-2018

(03-25-2018, 11:11 PM)ronillon Wrote:
(03-25-2018, 06:31 PM)Remnant Wrote: 3) The last known real base you were docked at. (Real, meaning not the proxy base)
What if the last base before docking on carrier was POB?

That's an interesting point. Analyzing how the code works, it SHOULD have you undock from that playerbase again, as you can log off, and log back from a playerbase and exit just fine.

Although I haven't tested this explicitly yet. Thanks for bringing this up! I'll have to give that a shot.

RE: [FLHook] Docking Modules Rewrite - Titan* - 03-25-2018

Is it possible to teleport fighter to a carrier? Would be nice actually and it will look like carrier deploying fighters and bombers

Like a fighter docked somewhere in omega 52
And the carrier is in new london and under attack by teasuckers baf fleet

Then fighter joins the carrier group and writes this command
/jumptocarrier nameofthecarrier
Etc
And fighter undocks from the carrier thats in new london

Dont know that possible or not but i think it will take lots of time for sure
Just an idea though

Nice job btw

RE: [FLHook] Docking Modules Rewrite - ronillon - 03-25-2018

(03-25-2018, 11:19 PM)Remnant Wrote: That's an interesting point. Analyzing how the code works, it SHOULD have you undock from that playerbase again, as you can log off, and log back from a playerbase and exit just fine.

Although I haven't tested this explicitly yet. Thanks for bringing this up! I'll have to give that a shot.

Word "proxy" triggered my attention. POBs use a "proxy" base as well, 100k under system center.

Another one:
What about "Connecticut" ? If you enter "conn" from Manhattan, then dock on carrier there, logoff, carrier returns to its previous base Planet Erie and logs off. Where it spits you out, when you undock, while carrier is offline?

Also, you are not allowed with commodities into conn, how that will be handled?

I'm glad to help, if you need help testing let me know.

RE: [FLHook] Docking Modules Rewrite - sindroms - 03-25-2018

Oh no, I need to bring this up, because I just saw the contents of this thread.

The bug, as far as I remember, cannot even be replicated properly on a server created from a public install of discovery freelancer, because it is missing a third of the active plugins used by Discovery Freelancer official server. These plugins are mostly related to server security and anticheat. The rewrite will only work if, by chance, the plugin will no longer conflict with the plugins that aren't present in the public version of the discovery mod install.

In other words, there is a chance that this might not work or break the server in some other way that might or might not be apparent at once.
Best of luck though. High hopes.

RE: [FLHook] Docking Modules Rewrite - Nerva Regis - 03-25-2018

Some time ago when the modules were activated by mistake, I tested them and: If you dock a carrier, the carrier goes to conn, you undock with commodes - you get insta-banned.

RE: [FLHook] Docking Modules Rewrite - Alex. - 03-26-2018

(03-25-2018, 11:51 PM)sindroms Wrote: Oh no, I need to bring this up, because I just saw the contents of this thread.

The bug, as far as I remember, cannot even be replicated properly on a server created from a public install of discovery freelancer, because it is missing a third of the active plugins used by Discovery Freelancer official server. These plugins are mostly related to server security and anticheat. The rewrite will only work if, by chance, the plugin will no longer conflict with the plugins that aren't present in the public version of the discovery mod install.

In other words, there is a chance that this might not work or break the server in some other way that might or might not be apparent at once.
Best of luck though. High hopes.

Yeah, we're not going to block other people's contributions to FLHook just because we refused to release our plugin builds and some source. Once the pull request comes in and it's ready for final testing, we can just put a build on the new game VM and tell testers the right port number.

RE: [FLHook] Docking Modules Rewrite - Remnant - 03-26-2018

Quote: What about "Connecticut" ? If you enter "conn" from Manhattan, then dock on carrier there, logoff, carrier returns to its previous base Planet Erie and logs off. Where it spits you out, when you undock, while carrier is offline?

The plugin rejects docking requests if the carrier is in conn. Thus your last base as someone being carried, is never going to be a base inside of that system.

Quote:Also, you are not allowed with commodities into conn, how that will be handled?

In the previous plugin, there was code making sure that this wouldn't happen. I've ported it over to this version. Basically it bans you, as someone else mentioned previously. It's then up to the admins to deal with you.

Quote:These plugins are mostly related to server security and anticheat. The rewrite will only work if, by chance, the plugin will no longer conflict with the plugins that aren't present in the public version of the discovery mod install.

Yeah, this is a valid concern. While I remember chunks of the functionality of the private plugin, I don't have a copy anymore locally, and can not guarantee that there will be no conflictions by referencing it.
I appreciate Alex's gesture. Bugtesting on an environment identical to the one it's to be installed on, is most definitely ideal.

In fact, live bugtesting is probably more effective than code-hunting anyways.

Quote:Is it possible to teleport fighter to a carrier? Would be nice actually and it will look like carrier deploying fighters and bombers

Like a fighter docked somewhere in omega 52
And the carrier is in new london and under attack by teasuckers baf fleet

Then fighter joins the carrier group and writes this command
/jumptocarrier nameofthecarrier
Etc
And fighter undocks from the carrier thats in new london

Dont know that possible or not but i think it will take lots of time for sure
Just an idea though

Actually, that's extremely easy to write in. ~10 lines, if not less. Although I don't think that it's a good idea to implement, given that it allows snubs to teleport around Sirius. If the other devs ask for it to be implemented, sure. I'll do it. But for this build, that's not an intended feature.

For those who are technically inclined, you can see the code for the rewrite at the link below.
https://github.com/ConradWeiser/FLHook/tree/dockingmodules_fix/Plugins/Public/mobiledocking_plugin

RE: [FLHook] Docking Modules Rewrite - Thunderer - 03-26-2018

(03-25-2018, 03:07 AM)Remnant Wrote: If a carrier is blown up, all nested ships automatically are forced into space. (Flee, little snubs!)

If one of those snubs is offline, is it then sent back to the base they docked with last time?

By the way, quite ironic that this was accomplished thanks to No-dock-a Hanamura.