Discovery Gaming Community
Pitbull Special... Licence required. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Liberty (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+----- Forum: Liberty Government Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=173)
+------ Forum: License Requisition Center (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=489)
+------ Thread: Pitbull Special... Licence required. (/showthread.php?tid=159365)

Pitbull Special... Licence required. - Festus McBoyle - 03-23-2018

Greetings.

My name is John Toogood.
Owner/operator of the Free_Enterprise.

I fly the newly acquired Pitbull (from trusted Junkers suppliers I might add from Puerto Rico).
It has been my good fortune as a freelancer to acquire a contract with =DSE- to supply them with certain base supplies to Scrap Palace. In exchange, I get to fill my hold with Premium Scrap. Economies of scale make this ship, which lawfully is the largest sized ship I can get, the most viable. However, I was informed by two very diligent and lovely Liberty Navy pilots I need to get this registered, as otherwise, it was illegal to be used. I have just 72 hours you see to get this sorted.

My contract is a very important one, and it has cost me all I have (and then some) to acquire this very needed ship. I am sure that Steve Veltman, CEO of =DSE- would only be too happy to confirm our arrangement. I am =DSE-'s preferred supplier. Here is his Neuralnet contact

=DSE- CEO

With great respect.

John Toogood.

RE: Pitbull Special... Licence required. - GrnRaptor - 03-26-2018

****INCOMING TRANSMISSION****

COMM ID: Admiral Alan Polstari, Liberty Navy 1st Fleet
TARGET ID: John Toogood
SUBJECT: RE: Special License Request
ENCRYPTION: Medium
PRIORITY: Medium

Greetings.

As per the Laws of Liberty the matter of ship license requests have been directed the the Liberty Navy. Exemptions to these laws are given on a base by case basis, and only in matters where the individual or party involved has or will provide extraordinary service to the Republic of Liberty are these permits given. Tell me, Mister Toogood, what benefit beyond personal convenience on your part would the Republic of Liberty receive in exchange for this exemption? I am open to hearing you make your case.

Admiral Polstari, signing off.

****TRANSMISSION TERMINATED****

RE: Pitbull Special... Licence required. - Festus McBoyle - 03-26-2018

Hello Admiral Polstari!

The purpose of my trade is in part a... commercially sensitive one. I was approached by =DSE- if it was possible for me to purchase certain goods from certain bases which they could not access. Me being strictly neutral, as a good freelancer ought, could do so. I would like to point out these purchases amounted to nothing more than base support materials, from systems south of Texas.

Alas, the moderate profit made per unit/time was negligible with my modest transport, a humble Large Transport of 2000 units capacity. As you can imagine supplies to Veltman Smelter and Scrap Palace have gone through the roof since the Franchise system was introduced. I wasn't able to deliver the quantities of RA required for both. Mr. Veltman, CEO of =DSE asked if I could boost volume by purchasing a bigger ship. My income, cash flow projections, and outgoings negated this unless I had a larger ship which I could not afford.

Mr. Veltman went over the figures and calculated that any ship less than 4100 would not be commercially viable, nor would it meet the burgeoning needs of the Smelter and Scrap Palace. He proposed a solution where =DSE- would invest in an upgrade to a ship of the right size. He said he would also extend the range of goods from essential daily supplies (oxygen, food and water etc). He would like help with the expansion of Scrap Palace by bringing Hull Segments, Industrial Hardware, Robotic Hardware, Nanomembrane Filters and Reinforced Alloy which are all in Liberty systems, all one system from Texas. (He believes in buying Liberty products and supporting the local industries, you see).

This meant he could concentrate his Mastodons on the bulk dispatch and long-haul distribution of Premium Scrap to Omega 3 and return with the bulk supplies from Bretonia. Commercial common sense he said.

And there you have it, Admiral. The Pitbull special fits the bill as far as this Freelancing trader is concerned. Just over the 4100 cargo size required, ideal for the essential short system return trips, and tough enough to take the radiation and rocks. And it was bought from the Junkers on Puerto Rico.

I do hope, Admiral Polstari, that this meets with your approval. My livelihood depends on it.

Sincerely,

John Toogood.

RE: Pitbull Special... Licence required. - GrnRaptor - 03-27-2018

****INCOMING TRANSMISSION****

COMM ID: Admiral Alan Polstari, Liberty Navy 1st Fleet
TARGET ID: John Toogood
SUBJECT: RE: Special License Request
ENCRYPTION: Medium
PRIORITY: Medium

Greetings.

Regretfully, Mister Toogood, your case does boil down to a matter of personal convenience; and personal convenience is an insufficient reason to grant an exemption. I'm not certain what modular facility commodity is available in Puerto Rico, but I'm fairly certain that it can be obtained elsewhere, if not as conveniently.

As I see it you have the following three options:

1. You join =DSE- as a full time operator, and operate a legal transport such as a Mastadon or Heron. I'm sure that Mister Veltman would be willing to assist you in this endeavor if that is your decision.
  2. You remain a freelancer, and turn your vessel in and obtain a vessel licensed for freelance use that is legal in The Republic of Liberty.
  3. You remain a freelancer, keep your vessel, and operate outside of The Republic of Liberty in whatever location does not deem the Pitbull to be an illegal vessel.

I trust that you will be able to make do with one of these options.

Admiral Polstari, signing off.

****TRANSMISSION TERMINATED****

RE: Pitbull Special... Licence required. - Festus McBoyle - 03-28-2018

y
y
y
y
y

Nuts!
y
y
y