Discovery Gaming Community
Remove weapon platforms from POB - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Remove weapon platforms from POB (/showthread.php?tid=159368)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Remove weapon platforms from POB - SnakThree - 03-23-2018

It is bad for gameplay. Please remove.

Prove me wrong if you can.

RE: Remove weapon platforms from POB - SCEC - 03-23-2018

Imagine castle without fortifications. Sapienti sat.

RE: Remove weapon platforms from POB - Laura C. - 03-23-2018

(03-23-2018, 12:12 PM)SnakThree Wrote: It is bad for gameplay. Please remove.

No doubt it harms pirate gameplay, but how do you suggest the bases will protect themselves? They will turn into sitting ducks, because at the moment weapon platforms are finally somehow useful to deter attackers when community after Regensburg siege, drama and sanctions knows that abusing their glitch may end even with permabans and loss of officialdom.

RE: Remove weapon platforms from POB - LaWey - 03-23-2018

Prove you why it bad, this is your suggestion

RE: Remove weapon platforms from POB - Galaxian - 03-23-2018

(03-23-2018, 12:21 PM)Anton Okunev Wrote:

Prove you why it bad, this is your suggestion

Exactly.

RE: Remove weapon platforms from POB - Laz - 03-23-2018

While I agree with you in principle, seeing as how they are legitimately harmful when it comes to any kind of piracy or PvP remotely near one (and a large amount of sanction reports would back that up), a few things should be noted. I think it would be best to offer some suggestions for alternatives or other defensive possibilities. Simply stating something should be removed without any kind replacement often leads to salt being thrown around the forums as Discovery's population is rather resistant to change.

RE: Remove weapon platforms from POB - St.Denis - 03-23-2018

So you have stated an opinion.

How about you prove your statement and then people can try and prove you wrong.

i suggest restrict PoBs in minefields for core 1 instead of core 2. No need in really core 2 for making business around of this, and how i can see only this bases cause so many hate. core 1 enough for shield and some cargo pods. Sometime you dont need even shields on it. Platforms in small amout would be useless for defending.

RE: Remove weapon platforms from POB - Sand_Spider - 03-23-2018

I feel like if weapons platforms were removed, the entire method of sieging a base would have to change from the use of player ships to a "sieging platform" that the defenders would be able to knock out if left unguarded by the attacking party.

Alternatively, we could just take weapons platforms and plaster them on additional weapon mounts on the bases themselves...?

I really don't see the benefit of leaving all POBs suddenly defenseless against everything. If removed, POBs as a whole would need an entire revamp as to how you would attack and defend them. I'd be up for discussing possibilities, here.

If the concern revolves around the recent discussions regarding bases inside of mining fields, perhaps Anton's suggestion of "Core 1 in fields only" could be combined with disallowing Core 1 bases from deploying weapons platforms? Whether or not that's an awesome idea, it's still something for other folks to discuss.

Otherwise, I feel like removing weapons platforms simply solves one issue by creating another. >_>

Yes. Core 1 stations now mostly abusive way to do something wrong. Deployment and maintenance of core 1 station, if you built it only for short-time terms, very easy for options which that allow. core 1 station can be easy turned in some kind of field fortification and draw significant forces only for removing it.

And, if we look from another side, you dont need much more then shield and some storage modules for making deals in mining fields, or use it as temporary storage depot.

But, we still need weapons platforms in another cases. PoBs without weapons in Omicrons of Omegas - that hilarious.