Discovery Gaming Community
Remove weapon platforms from POB - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Remove weapon platforms from POB (/showthread.php?tid=159368)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Remove weapon platforms from POB - StDH - 10-31-2019

I like the idea of weapon platforms the size of a gunboat having 2 Battleship Cerbs on drugs and 4 pulses with infinite energy. While NPC bases can barely scrach anything.

Oh, and the respawning of those platforms is priceless.

Maybe we could instead have a central PoB (not in each system) to which you could login and save whatever stuff you have to a certain degree.

But it's too late : )

RE: Remove weapon platforms from POB - Liberty.In - 10-31-2019

(10-31-2019, 03:42 PM)Liberty.In Wrote: Is it possible to make platforms open fire only on those who attacked the base?

If so, then the base will not be deprived of protection during the siege, and by-passing players will not be attacked. Thus, you maintain balance and, at the same time, do not deprive PoB of its protective elements.

RE: Remove weapon platforms from POB - SnakThree - 10-31-2019

(10-31-2019, 03:42 PM)Liberty.In Wrote: Is it possible to make platforms open fire only on those who attacked the base?

If so, then the base will not be deprived of protection during the siege, and by-passing players will not be attacked. Thus, you maintain balance and, at the same time, do not deprive PoB of its protective elements.

Possible, but that still allows people to run and do POB hugging.

RE: Remove weapon platforms from POB - Laz - 10-31-2019

(10-31-2019, 03:34 PM)Pillow Wrote: the other 50% is because pobs themselves trample all over server stability

Remember when we had a total PoB rewrite ready?

Ignoring the fact that PoBs are totally toxic for the server environment, weapon platforms on PoBs were one of the worst decisions ever made.

RE: Remove weapon platforms from POB - Emperor Tekagi - 10-31-2019

Shots fired. Hey guys, let's go have Laz back as dev? I want a poll with Laz option about this. Laz for lead dev. (sun)

RE: Remove weapon platforms from POB - kracken - 10-31-2019

Hello, everybody.
The solution to this may be found in time. Yes, the defenses are maintained, but will only be put into operation if the baser receives a certain damage in a defined time.

RE: Remove weapon platforms from POB - Chuba - 10-31-2019

but that already is how it works?

on an unrelated to you note,

bases should actually genuinely be removed. they're not fun if anything, they're terrible versions of Tamagotchi.

I don't agree. The basics are fun and an incentive to play. The bad news is that they are cumbersome to drive and expensive and expensive to maintain. If you could put different selling and buying prices more automatically without going with commands, everyone would have bases to save things and to make them profitable. The problem is that doing them like this takes time and hours of programming.

What I don't understand very well is that you are here discussing the bases in the mining fields and don't have a debate on the bases that are used to restrict access to npc bases, controlled by one faction. That's more worrying for the game, from my point of view.

RE: Remove weapon platforms from POB - pillow - 11-01-2019

people complaining about "muh aces kill me waaah" and then running over to the godawful pob platforms to hide from them, but obviously since "muh aces" are aces for a reason they dont give much of a rats ass about the platforms and they kill things anyway

99% of the people who the platforms pushed away were regular joes who just wanted to shoot some gun

remember when 1 rogue bomber in front of manhattan made 10 billion people log to both assist and shoot it
that rogue bomber cant be arsed to do that anymore and more importantly why would people log to shoot him when the platforms already do that for them lmao

removing the platforms alone would have absolutely zero consequences so why the HELL are they still around