Discovery Gaming Community
Star Citizen? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Gaming (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=257)
+--- Thread: Star Citizen? (/showthread.php?tid=159370)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Star Citizen? - Lanakov - 07-01-2019

Star citizen, or, as it came to be known, wasted opportunity of a lifetime for the history of videogames citizen.

RE: Star Citizen? - Charo - 07-01-2019

[Image: dGOCmdY.png]

Happy to see that we finally have a release date

RE: Star Citizen? - Immortality23 - 07-01-2019

(07-01-2019, 09:42 PM)Charo Wrote: [Image: dGOCmdY.png]

LOL! Didn't realize it would be that soon!

RE: Star Citizen? - Bannorn - 07-01-2019

(07-01-2019, 09:42 PM)Charo Wrote: [Image: dGOCmdY.png]

"projected release date"... this is still Chris Roberts. In 2948 he'll announce its just "not quite ready yet".

RE: Star Citizen? - Praxor23 - 07-02-2019

(06-29-2019, 11:20 AM)TheShooter36 Wrote: Just to inform you. The campaign enters beta in mid 2021.

With the rate they are developing the Stanton system, and the fact that there are still 100 or so systems to go at the same level of detail, a safe margin of skepticism is always good to go with. If they would focus on actual solid game mechanics rather than ships or presentation as a first priority maybe that would give the game a bit more substance.

In the meantime there is always still Disco. Or Stellaris in my case...

RE: Star Citizen? - eraser - 07-05-2019

RE: Star Citizen? - OllO - 07-06-2019

Typical humans.

They want everything NEW and Fun in a blink of an eye!

Seriously , do you (the ones who believe its going to take decades to see the full game released) know how many people are working af out there? just to see what happens next ?

Roberts mentioned in the first show off that : I want to build a (Fracking) World!

So yeah! doing Gods work as a human MUST take time!

It's true that they got distracted a bit. But hey ! who wouldn't ? every morning you wake up... (for like dunno 5 years or so) and thinking on the same game and checking stuff. Heck ! even thinking to what to do with all of that money is a shock!not to mention LAWSUITS ?
handling everything there is not a simple joke lads. after all we all wanted a GOOD sophisticated experience Better than disco or any other game!
moaning in front of a Constructing building knowing that it takes time to see it finished is a bad habit.

flames are good. roses are worse and grammar is messed Big Grin
~OIIO

RE: Star Citizen? - Zaltarias - 07-11-2019

Did meme

RE: Star Citizen? - TheShooter36 - 07-12-2019

(07-02-2019, 06:58 AM)Praxor23 Wrote:
(06-29-2019, 11:20 AM)TheShooter36 Wrote: Just to inform you. The campaign enters beta in mid 2021.

actual solid game mechanics

The core game mechanics actually started to come at a steady pace since 3.2 and noticeably improved since 3.5, with the flight overhaul and now law system coming and player-player bounty hunting (with 3.6) I think we can say the game is coming to itself finally. Could it be faster? Yes. Could it be less buggy than it is? Also yes. However in my opinion the game is worth taking a look at very least every once in a while, aka when Free Fly events are there.

Still, lets not forget. Its 1 unfinished system, merely containing 2 out of 4 planets its supposed to have, around 10 moons (count Levski as a moon?) and a few bases here and there. However, that 1 system has way more detail than entirety of Elite Dangerous' 4billion systems.

RE: Star Citizen? - Curios - 07-17-2019

It have pretty enough business for some fun even with that 1 system, 3.6 looks solid and I'm waiting for it hitting LIVE.