Discovery Gaming Community
=DSE- ooRP feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: =DSE- ooRP feedback (/showthread.php?tid=159393)

Pages: 1 2

=DSE- ooRP feedback - DSE|= - 03-24-2018

DEEP SPACE ENGINEERS

TRANSMISSION -Outward

SENDER: Steve Veltman
POSITION: CEO of =DSE-
TO: General Feedbackfrom/to =DSE-

This is an out of Role Play (ooRP) thread. Its purpose is to sound out the good, the bad and the ugly aspects of our faction. We would appreciate healthy debate, thoughtful discussions and genuine information that will help us build our lore, our values and our RP as a whole.

No flaming or hate would be appreciated.

Steve Veltman CEO of =DSE-

[Image: 0GDbcPu.png]
[Image: 0092ZOe.png]
[Image: JhO3jKk.gif][Image: dy8yaQJ.gif][Image: uxYFEx9.gif][Image: M51bRYF.gif][Image: KiSwBbL.gif]

RE: =DSE- ooRP feedback - Durandal - 03-24-2018

I'm curious as to how you intend to handle DSE's longstanding relationship with the Hellfire Legion/Commonwealth, given previous relations with DSE). If you're unfamiliar with the history, DSE was granted full access to the silver and copper fields in Vespucci and Kansas and offered our full protection in exchange for the cooperation of our docking ring. There were also plans to give them a currently undockable depot, La Paz, in orbit of Guadalajara.

Roleplay there came to an abrupt halt when DSE disbanded and DSM/DSS came to the forefront and openly allied themselves which us, which we sort of didn't really play along with because, well, it made no sense. Obviously any sort of transition to Liberty's other half would have to be very, very gradual and clandestine (see: GMS), and it just wouldn't have worked out the way they wanted to play it.

I'd like to see standing roleplay we had with DSE) resume, if you're serious about this and intend on taking this thing all the way. I'm also very, very happy to see a DSE faction active in general again, as they're easily the most interesting of Liberty's big three in my opinion!

RE: =DSE- ooRP feedback - DSE|= - 03-24-2018

I am very open to getting back to what had gone on before with Hellfire. Perhaps you could post a few links to the RP so we can get a good grasp on the history.

We are very keen to re-establish DSE to its former glory. And I think that a lot of RP that has gone on should not be wasted. Hopefully, we can build on that RP, particularly with the Hellfire and Commonwealth side of things.

Cheers and thanks.

Steve Veltman CEO of =DSE-

[Image: 0GDbcPu.png]
[Image: 0092ZOe.png]
[Image: JhO3jKk.gif][Image: dy8yaQJ.gif][Image: uxYFEx9.gif][Image: M51bRYF.gif][Image: KiSwBbL.gif]

RE: =DSE- ooRP feedback - Durandal - 03-25-2018

I could certainly do that. is there any way we could get in touch via Skype or Discord?

RE: =DSE- ooRP feedback - Reeves - 09-29-2019

I think it's poor form for you to be breaking character in an in-character forum, especially when this faction intends to be taken seriously and received well. I understand you might not like the fact that a development didn't work out in your favor, but showing some grace despite that would have been admirable, complaining about it and trying to repeatedly decry the actions of the other faction reflect poorly upon your own stance. Especially when you make the argument of them not conforming with the spirit of the game whilst you ignore the most basic tenet of a roleplay server.

I really do hope you can take this in your stride and see things from alternative perspectives.

RE: =DSE- ooRP feedback - DSE|= - 09-29-2019

(09-29-2019, 05:29 AM)Reeves Wrote: I think it's poor form for you to be breaking character in an in-character forum, especially when this faction intends to be taken seriously and received well. I understand you might not like the fact that a development didn't work out in your favor, but showing some grace despite that would have been admirable, complaining about it and trying to repeatedly decry the actions of the other faction reflect poorly upon your own stance. Especially when you make the argument of them not conforming with the spirit of the game whilst you ignore the most basic tenet of a roleplay server.

I really do hope you can take this in your stride and see things from alternative perspectives.

Errr.... who are you? And what are you on about?

RE: =DSE- ooRP feedback - Greylock - 09-29-2019

(09-29-2019, 04:49 AM)DSE|-CEO Wrote: You missed the point, buddy.

6 hours into the declaration you were outside the base. You had NO intention of not destroying the base and fulfilled your "obligations" to the letter of the law. It didn't matter what discussion was involved... you just did enough to cover your "derriere massive", to justify your actions and as soon as the eight hours rolled over, you did the deed. It was a farcical episode, a vulgar interaction, as pathetic as they come.
It was just lip service and as slobbery as it gets.
OK by the letter of the law, but not in the spirit of the game.

(09-29-2019, 05:18 AM)DSE|-CEO Wrote: You missed the point.

There was not going to be any dialogue or any parley. If there was then why were you all lined up outside just 6 hours after the post? Why did the response from Eveline Laroux only happen when I pointed out that there was "mail"? Then a hurried "shut-it-down" response BECAUSE there was a total determination to stifle ongoing dialogue because it was a nuisance to getting the giggles.

I was willing to see the Jeu de rĂ´le through.

Reeves is referring to this.

(09-29-2019, 05:32 AM)DSE|-CEO Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 05:29 AM)Reeves Wrote: I think it's poor form for you to be breaking character in an in-character forum, especially when this faction intends to be taken seriously and received well. I understand you might not like the fact that a development didn't work out in your favor, but showing some grace despite that would have been admirable, complaining about it and trying to repeatedly decry the actions of the other faction reflect poorly upon your own stance. Especially when you make the argument of them not conforming with the spirit of the game whilst you ignore the most basic tenet of a roleplay server.

Errr.... who are you? And what are you on about?

From this post onward you broke character thrice and exhibited poor form by expressing absolute inability to stay in character despite the roleplay consequences being what they were. Who I am is honestly a triviality, and it would only digress from the genuine concern, but I think that should suffice in expressing what "I'm on about" so far as this feedback is concerned.

RE: =DSE- ooRP feedback - DSE|= - 09-29-2019

It IS in context and in RP.

These Gallia thugs had no intent to do the wink-nudge pay me and it will be OK... and I'm being a loud-mouthed CEO of a Libertarian company having a go at them. I haven't broken character. I am in character. They are despicable dastardly deceivers. They gave me 8 hours to start a "negotiation" they had no intent on following through.

(09-29-2019, 05:39 AM)DSE|-CEO Wrote: It IS in context and in RP.

These Gallia thugs had no intent to do the wink-nudge pay me and it will be OK... and I'm being a loud-mouthed CEO of a Libertarian company having a go at them.

If you say so, have a nice day.