Discovery Gaming Community
ZOI Shenanigans - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: ZOI Shenanigans (/showthread.php?tid=159556)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

ZOI Shenanigans - Tomas. - 03-28-2018

I'm sure everyone has seen the New ZA feedback exploding. Spazzy brought up some ID points and so instead of trying to hijack their thread and/or remembering the 50000 zoner marines that died to bring us this meme I'll instead ask a related and soon to be relevant question(s):

Why don't outcasts have blanket ZOI on independent worlds and border worlds around Liberty? Why include only three of them but not Kepler or Bering?

RE: ZOI Shenanigans - Durandal - 03-28-2018

I've wondered about this myself. While I think it'd be a bit odd seeing Outcasts in Vespucci, their inability to come down to Kansas and Inverness and wage war has kind of been a huge blow to activity. I do believe that Bering and Hudson should probably remain off limits though, as they really aren't present in Rheinland.

RE: ZOI Shenanigans - Shinju - 03-28-2018

Kepler because they would have to go through whole Kusari. Bering because Texas is the only system on South of Liberty Outcasts go to. Actually OC ZoI is already big enough and should be smaller.

RE: ZOI Shenanigans - sindroms - 03-28-2018

It is so that their ID cannot physically siege every single POB in the game.

RE: ZOI Shenanigans - Jessitrescott - 03-28-2018

want a blanket ZOI ? Want No Restrictions ? Fly SCRA Indies, You can go harras anyone anywhere as you please and you can fly uptill a battlecruiser.

RE: ZOI Shenanigans - LaWey - 03-28-2018

(03-28-2018, 12:45 PM)Jessitrescott Wrote: want a blanket ZOI ? Want No Restrictions ? Fly SCRA Indies, You can go harras anyone anywhere as you please and you can fly uptill a battlecruiser.

Only military crafts of enemy organisations on practise. Only liberty have that in any time of day. Also, only typhoon and snabs is proper for solo acting. Unlimited ZOI have drawback.

RE: ZOI Shenanigans - Tomas. - 03-28-2018

Replying as of 0831 EST:

@Durandal: While despite my own faction's recent advances in diplomacy with the Unioners and their plight in Bering I'm forced to agree with you - a trickle of business from one system isn't enough to justify extending the ZOI two additional systems for...little to no reason.

@Shinju: Ah, but Kepler is adjacent to Galileo and Kusari is and always has been a valid smuggling route (the main one until at least 4.90, in fact, before changes made it faster and more feasible to go through Rheinland EDIT: Forgot about Coronado. That system is also garbage for smuggling now) for cardamine. This has come up at least once before three years ago when we were unable to help siege a base that was giving the Padua Rogues trouble IIRC, even though we had ZOI one system over and in the same direction.

@sindroms: You used that same argument when I asked why Outcasts had no 'defense of allied ships' line in the ID, another issue for another time - it barely made sense to me then, and it simply doesn't make sense to me now in this context. As mentioned above SCRA can already do that if they wish Sirius-wide; OC can only do that now in 2/3rds of their ZOI, which is not Sirius wide, without major RP repercussions with allies.

If this is such a huge issue with Outcasts, why not give them the BHG line that says they can't have anything bigger than a cruiser in a system with a jump gate excepting the Sigmas (because Xi's JH in Beta only permits fighters and freighters and so driving your cap to shoot corsairs would become sanctionable, and that's dumb).

@Jessitrescott: Because I don't want a terrorist ID, I want an ID like the others that can actually support allies and actually move freely within their listed ZOI (gaps like Kepler prevent that currently, creating odd and nonsensical situations like the base siege I mentioned).

@Anton Okunev: Not trying to ignore you but your comment didn't add much to the core question and thus there is nothing to reply to.

RE: ZOI Shenanigans - Shinju - 03-28-2018

Smuggling through some systems doesn't mean they should be added to your ZoI.

That's like Me asking for unrestricted ZoI for Liberty Rogues, because they are smuggling stuff basically everywhere. "It's one system behind our ZoI" isn't valid argument as well. Who added Galileo to Outcast ID is beyond me seriously, it didn't use to be Outcast ZoI at all. Just leave it as it is, Liberty with MNS caps is enough.

RE: ZOI Shenanigans - sindroms - 03-28-2018

SCRA indies do not have ~90 active outcast dreads+BSs on the server.

RE: ZOI Shenanigans - LaWey - 03-28-2018

Yes. as i said - coalition unlimited ZOI have HUUUGE drawback. We dont have carriers or BS for jump our fleet anywhere, and we can fight only another military parties, and rather we just went in their ZOI and they easy can log any counter setup against us.
For solo acting we have only typhoon as cap, Hurricane useful only in formations.

Outcasts indie have full ship-line, and practically, barely-limited ability for attacking anything in their ZOI. Same thing with Hessians and Corsairs. And you can see, they all have big enough, but restricted ZOI.