Discovery Gaming Community
ZOI Shenanigans - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: ZOI Shenanigans (/showthread.php?tid=159556)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: ZOI Shenanigans - Giorgio - 03-28-2018

(03-28-2018, 06:47 PM)Vendetta Wrote: If anything, Outcasts should lose ZoI in Liberty or at the very least lose the ability to bring capital ships there.

That is no different than Corsairs having capitals in New London. Should Sairs lose zoi in Bretonia then?

RE: ZOI Shenanigans - Giorgio - 03-28-2018

(03-28-2018, 04:51 PM)Shinju Wrote: Corsairs cannot go to New Berlin, Munich (not sure)

They are indeed able to go to Munich, and they even have zoi in Frankfurt where they also have a base. Do a read-up before arguing for the sake of arguing.

RE: ZOI Shenanigans - JorgeRyan - 03-28-2018

Corsairs (Capitals) aren't anywhere near as common in NL as Outcasts are in NY. Raids tend to be Cambridge at the deepest, or omega 3-5-9, systems that historically have had high Corsair presence + BAF patrols (or at least zoi). Plus Cabridge has a good mission farming spot, so caps tend to stick in "Corsair space with unwanted tennants".

Whereas I can't remember the last time I saw a MNS in liberty that didnt seem like a lolwhut

Corsair ZoI: Omicrons, Omwgas, Bretonia, Deesden, Stuttgart, Munich, Frankfurt, Sogmas, Honshu

Only 1.5 houses, but with the resource and activity rich omegas and omicrons, where as if an OC wants activity, the best spot to be is Liberty, since Taus, Gallia and Kusari are pretty dead

+1 to Vendattas points. I'd love to get some Hispanic wars going.

RE: ZOI Shenanigans - Vendetta - 03-28-2018

(03-28-2018, 06:55 PM)Giorgi Wrote:
(03-28-2018, 06:47 PM)Vendetta Wrote: If anything, Outcasts should lose ZoI in Liberty or at the very least lose the ability to bring capital ships there.

That is no different than Corsairs having capitals in New London. Should Sairs lose zoi in Bretonia then?

It's very different actually. Realistically the Outcasts should be more invested in Kusari operations as that's their neighboring house, much like how the Corsairs are relatively close to Bretonia. You've got to fly a lot further to get to Liberty, through different hostile and war-torn systems (Including the home system of the CR mind you) to get to a House that poses no real threat to the Maltese nation. All Liberty does is catch the occasional smuggler. Why invade?

There's no reason for it. It's boredom. Fly to Gamma and give the Corsair/Outcast conflict some life. It's a shorter trip and it's why those caps exist in the first place. Y'all should be murdering each other.

In exchange, finally add the Arbiter to the HF indie ID. If people want to fly Battleships and shoot Liberty so badly, they can do so with the proper local factions. Alternatively, buy a Valor and shoot them in California. The age of the Rochester Ranseurs needs to end.

RE: ZOI Shenanigans - Laura C. - 03-28-2018

(03-28-2018, 06:55 PM)Giorgi Wrote:

Shortest way from Corsair homebase (Omicron Gamma) to New London is four jumps. Shortest way from Outcast homebase (Omicron Alpha) to New York is six jumps if you take the way through Alaska which is however supposed to be top secret system inRP so this way should not be used. Regular shortest way through Kusari is eight jumps. It does not seem to me you are comparing same stuff when Outcasts have to travel twice as distance (including way through one whole house) than Corsairs (which just have to travel through two Omega systems and Cambridge).

RE: ZOI Shenanigans - Sciamach - 03-28-2018

Since we're being forced to live with the concept of POBs in mining fields and POBs as a whole: how exactly would you propose the Rogues deal with a Core2 shielded base without allied capitals with cerbs if this were to be implimented?

RE: ZOI Shenanigans - Vendetta - 03-28-2018

(03-28-2018, 07:31 PM)Sciamach Wrote:

Since we're being forced to live with the concept of POBs in mining fields and POBs as a whole: how exactly would you propose the Rogues deal with a Core2 shielded base without allied capitals with cerbs if this were to be implimented?

Contrary to popular belief, Scyllas are pretty useful in a base siege with enough numbers. Alternatively, the Rogues could focus on piracy since base extortion has been done a billion times. You know, breathe some life back into piracy. Like pirates should be doing. If I'm not mistaken the Rogues have maintained a good friendship with the Unioners over the years, and that's a nearby faction with access to Battleships right there. If a Rogue group became established enough to start extorting bases, they can destroy them in Texas.

Sure that limits the possibility, but they could always make it not against the rules to bring a POB's shields up when someone is running to one. Another thing that could be done is something that prevents those POBs from deploying Weapon platforms when in or near a mining zone. Honestly POBs aren't even that big of a deal. There's other places you can go where people need to funnel through you to get to where you're going. You're capable of blocking jumpholes, waiting on trade lanes and doing pretty much everything everyone else does when faced with the classic docking trader scenario. Catch them in the open with no where to run.

RE: ZOI Shenanigans - Shinju - 03-28-2018

(03-28-2018, 07:02 PM)Giorgi Wrote:
(03-28-2018, 04:51 PM)Shinju Wrote: Corsairs cannot go to New Berlin, Munich (not sure)

They are indeed able to go to Munich, and they even have zoi in Frankfurt where they also have a base. Do a read-up before arguing for the sake of arguing.

You are arguing for sake of arguing. I just stated that it is dumb to add more systems to the faction with biggest ZoI in Sirius. And then you take out Corsair ZoI which is even smaller than I thought and you compared like if they had same ZoI.

That's what's irritating me beyond limits. You complain that Corsairs shouldn't invade London in case Casts would lose Liberty as ZoI, yet you can still go to Tokyo or London. 3 Capital systems for Outcasts, one for Corsairs. So stop pullting out that **** about "If u nerf Outcast ZoI then nerf Sair one as well"

RE: ZOI Shenanigans - Sciamach - 03-28-2018

(03-28-2018, 08:35 PM)Shinju Wrote: You are arguing for sake of arguing. I just stated that it is dumb to add more systems to the faction with biggest ZoI in Sirius. And then you take out Corsair ZoI which is even smaller than I thought and you compared like if they had same ZoI.
Y'know I actually looked at the Corsair ZOI myself, and I actually didn't know they don't have access to all of Rheinland-- which just strikes me as silly given both the lore and the proximity between the two factions. I'm no expert on Corsairs though so can someone who is chime in and inform me if there's a reason for the lack of full Rheinland ZOI on the Corsair ID?

Or is this just a case of the staff hating on the Hispania factions again? (iMeme)

RE: ZOI Shenanigans - Sand_Spider - 03-28-2018

(03-28-2018, 08:42 PM)Sciamach Wrote: Y'know I actually looked at the Corsair ZOI myself, and I actually didn't know they don't have access to all of Rheinland-- which just strikes me as silly given both the lore and the proximity between the two factions. I'm no expert on Corsairs though so can someone who is chime in and inform me if there's a reason for the lack of full Rheinland ZOI on the Corsair ID?

Or is this just a case of the staff hating on the Hispania factions again? (iMeme)

I seem to recall at one point, a long, loooong time ago, there was a server PvP event wherein the Hessians and Corsairs had an all-out war against one another to decide the fate of the Corsair's ZoI back in the day. EDIT: I could be completely wrong about this, so please pardon me if I'm false.

If that's true (Or, if anyone else even vaguely remembers that...), then I'd say it's time for another push into Rheinland by the people of Crete, assuming the player base wants to pursue that avenue.