Discovery Gaming Community
annoying glitch - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Forum: Software & Hardware (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: annoying glitch (/showthread.php?tid=15966)

Pages: 1 2

annoying glitch - Inucune - 02-01-2009

I have had this problem for quite a while, and have not yet found someone who can fix it:

link:
[img=http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/1578/screen3lf8.th.png]

This is a still shot of the problem. The text is actually flying all over the screen at high speed. This happens in menus with moving/movable text, which includes the chat and waypoints during game play, shop screens, and maps. The only reason i am able to play is because USUALLY opening the chat box (hitting enter) causes it to behave until the box is closed, with a few exceptions. This is what causes me to enter random things into the chat, because i almost constantly have to have the chat open. Way points like to bounce around and i have found no remedy to making them behave, aside from getting within 100m of them.

This is NOT caused by the mod.
It is not caused by missing fonts.
It is most likely not my graphics card.
Nothing has shown up in the spew that could cause this to my knowledge

I will gladly provide any requested information to fix this problem.

Help!

annoying glitch - Bauer - 02-01-2009

I would say do a re-install of freelancer, and see how it goes

annoying glitch - DragonLancer - 02-01-2009

Ouch. Did your PC got hit by the Bismarck?
(Sorry, that was too tempting)

As far as i can see you were watching the credits.
GFX driver / codec issue i guess.

annoying glitch - Malcolm_Reynalds - 02-01-2009

does it happen every time you play?
and does the game start out like that or does it start sometime after you get in?

I had a similar issue where sometimes when I opened the multi player menu the game would "hiccup" then ALL text became unreadable. now strange as it sounds it seemed to be the 3D sound.

3D sound was causing freelancer to crash and BSOD my system about 1 in 4 times when I went through a JG/JH.

I have not seen either issue since I turned of 3D sound.

I hope in some way this helps you.

annoying glitch - Turkish - 02-01-2009

Which operating system are you currently using?

JBauer: I've tryed that many times. It does not appear to work, i've even used a different install disk.

Dragonlancer: Not Funny!

Malcolm_Reynalds: yes, it happens everytime, but it didn't on my old "XP." computer until the XP was almost dead. (it started overheating and fryed)
I have tryed disabling the 3D sound, but that seems to have no effect.

Turkish: Vista.

annoying glitch - eyvind - 02-01-2009

This looks like yet another problem whose exact cause would take longer to figure out than reinstalling does. Since you have already tried reinstalling Freelancer, try reinstalling your graphics drivers. Otherwise reinstall Vista, it would likely do your system good even if you weren't having problems.

If I was to venture a guess, something is confused about where to draw your menus. Har har. If it's not Freelancer, then it could be your graphics driver, if not your graphics driver it could be Vista. If it's none of those It would have to be some other hardware and if you get that far down the brown pit you would have to strip your computer to a bare minimum and replug your stuff one at a time until it breaks again.

This probably didn't help much, but I hope it did. I empathize with the world of pain you must be in.

annoying glitch - Asgardian - 02-01-2009

Clearly a juvenile grahpics driver has been installed on your computer, it hasn't even coloured within the lines for goodness sakes! On a more serious note, it looks like your graphics driver isn't compatable with Freelancer. I hear getting an older graphics card driver might solve your problems...

I also run Vista, but Freelancer worked right from the get-go, no problems at all (Apart from having to run it as an Administrator). It seems you have to confirm everything about three times when running Vista...why?!

annoying glitch - RedlineInc - 02-01-2009

One quick thing to check, especially with Nvidia drivers.
Stupid, funky stuff happens with video player due to "video overlay" settings.
Didn't you know that FL is essentially running in an altered media player window? It's Microsoft for goodness sakes!! hehe

asgardian:"I also run Vista, but Freelancer worked right from the get-go, no problems at all (Apart from having to run it as an Administrator). It seems you have to confirm everything about three times when running Vista...why?!

-i can solve your problem. go into user accounts and turn "user account control" off, if you haven't already.