Discovery Gaming Community
To: Wolfgang Weisen, Nicole Hunter - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Wolfgang Weisen, Nicole Hunter (/showthread.php?tid=159831)

To: Wolfgang Weisen, Nicole Hunter - Vendetta - 04-04-2018

[Image: xRbFO7p.jpg]
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

NEURAL NET ID:Keeper Leviathan
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Absolute
ENCRYPTION LEVEL: Extreme
PRIORITY: Medium
FREQUENCY: EIDO
DELAY: N/A
TOPIC: Our talk

____

Respected associates,

Your job seems to have already been done. I had arranged a meeting with Kalh that fell short, and he later sent me this transmission:

Quote: Keeper, You left from our meeting to quickly for me to tell you about Richards offer to join the Crayterian Military. it was quite stunning really but I had to decline it. I cant be governed anymore, I need to focus on Nomads and those who would benefit from their influence.

Jonathan Kalh
Captain of The Amenhotep

It seems our mutual associate is currently going independent in an effort to combat a foe we both know and love. I suppose that's one resolution.

Now, about my inquiry in regards to the Kusari systems. As I said, I find the slight increase in Lane Hacker activity and evasiveness of an empty transport with nothing to hide to be a bit more than a coincidence when taking into consideration the ongoing matter between the Defilers and the Naval Forces. I imagine the sudden emergence of a new and rather well-equipped group of underworlders is of concern to the influence the Lane Hackers possess in the area, but this is just speculation based on what information I have available to me.

I personally deployed a task force to investigate this matter, and even partook in several investigative flights to determine the situation in detail. I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to collecting data, so perhaps you might be willing to fill in some gaps for me. Namely, what your interest is in the area and if you'd be willing to cooperate provided our goals are mutual.

- Leviathan

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

To: Keeper Leviathan, Auxesia - Nicole Hunter - 04-05-2018

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Professor.Provocateur.Nicole.Hunter.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 1b.png][Image: 7.png]

Might be impossible due to legitimate conflict of interests in "southern" Liberty border. FIrst explain me what is your interest in Bering and why your ships were accompanying Hellfire Legion strike force that attacked me there among other things. If there is no ground for further escalation we might have some intel for you.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...

RE: To: Wolfgang Weisen, Nicole Hunter - Vendetta - 04-05-2018

[Image: UMPXT6B.jpg]
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

TOPIC: Response

____

Professor Hunter,

This is the first time I've heard of any of our pilots violating the neutrality we've shared since the last time our two groups were going at each other, as each of our own is under direct orders not to engage the Lane Hackers.

Reviewing this particular case, our pilot made it clear they had no intention of engaging you. The Unioners, on the other hand... They sealed their fate with us a long time ago with a war declaration after their pilots jumped one of our operatives on a return trip in the Southern independent worlds and paid the price. The pilot you encountered was dispatched to investigate the ongoing situation in the Southern independent worlds to determine what course of action is necessary.

Naturally when the Unioners became annoying, the pilot took initiative in removing them. While this involved assisting the Legion against the Unioners, at no point did the vessel ever fire upon a Lane Hacker ship, nor would they even if requested to do so. We are not their soldiers of fortune and have our own mission to accomplish.

If however I am wrong and you have evidence to the contrary, do bring it forward.

- Leviathan

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

To: Keeper Leviathan, Auxesia - Nicole Hunter - 04-05-2018

...uploading.data...

[Image: 1b.png][Image: 7.png]

Oh... I did not say that I was attacked by Auxesia. As you know our love for Hellfire Legion tends to take rather volatile and explosive form. This affection we do share with the Unioners and it seems to be a major bridge for an understanding between us. What I said was that a hypothetical situation in which we are helping The Unioners shoot The Legion at the same time when you are helping The Legion shoot The Unioners constitutes as a perfectly legitimate conflict of interests despite lack of direct aggression. If it was not for the fact that I miscalculated weaponry cool-down from the prior engagement in California, I thought it would take 2 hours instead of just 30 minutes, we would have met there in the combat yesterday on the opposite sides.

What can you propose to avoid such conflict of interests?

RE: To: Wolfgang Weisen, Nicole Hunter - Vendetta - 04-06-2018

[Image: UorcqI4.jpg]
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

TOPIC: Response

____

Professor Hunter,

This is indeed quite the impasse. While we may be at odds with the Unioners, we have no intention of becoming heavily involved in the ongoing fighting between them and the Hellfire Legion. Their conflict is of very little interest to us. An opportunity had arisen to remind them that we are still very willing and capable to destroy them, and anything they may try and attack us with. As you're perfectly aware, we're quite efficient at dealing with threats.

With some brief deliberation, the Inner Phalanx concludes that major and minor military operations in Bering will cease for the time being. This does not include investigative flights. Our operatives will remain in the area and will not hesitate to defend themselves if threatened, however they will be under order not to become involved in the local conflict, regardless of participants, allegiances or numerical superiority on one side. While we have no interest in becoming involved in that fight, we have other matters in the region that we are not liable to discuss right now. Bits of information are missing on the matter, thus giving you an incomplete dossier wouldn't be worth your time.

But I warn you - to be united by hatred of a common enemy is a fragile alliance at best.

If this is agreeable to you and the Professorship, I see no reason to escalate this further.

- Keeper Leviathan

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

To: Keeper Leviathan, Auxesia - Nicole Hunter - 04-07-2018

...uploading.data...

[Image: 30.png]

I see we do understand each other very well. The ceasefire we share passed its test of time. Therefore, I think I can share with you some intelligence a credito. When the time comes we will ask you for a favor of an adequate value. Find attached excerpts of reports and communications to fill gaps in your intelligence. It should be enough to have an understanding of our interests in this area.

...uploading.data...

...plan has worked. I have met them. They call themselves "The Defilers". They used ordinary ships that looked like they could have been manufactured by Liberty Rogues or any similar organization. I managed to learn that they call their leader Warlord Ventrin. They were reluctant or unable to say where they operate or what is their agenda. It is possible that they genuinely do not know just serving a role of disposable low level henchmen. Redrige openly admitted his pirate origins before being recruited into the Defilers, which seem to be a small terrorist cell with unknown agenda.

As for the less important part of my assignment, I have received the payment. The Defiles wants us to organize a force in Omicrons that could strike [REDACTED]...

...upload.completed...
...uploading.data...

...yesterday about 1700 SMT an anomaly connecting an uncharted system with Shikoku emerged in the system. The event has been picked up by Leiden Spyglass Network and we dispatched our scout wing to investigate. Upon getting there we encountered two vessels belonging to the Defilers being under attack by a large force of the Kusari Naval Forces, in total over four destroyers and about five small vessels. Our scouts attempted to support the Defilers but according to our knowledge all friendly vessels were destroyed.

Later on we have sent a full wing to scout the uncharted system. Close to the anomaly there is a planet with a moon turned into a base of the Defilers. In the north-east part of the system there is a base belonging to the opposing group called Pioneers. Upon finding it we have encountered a wing of Kusari Naval Forces. We have engaged them and shot down one of their vessels. Afterwards, the Pioneer opened fire and set their base defenses against us, instantly vaporized one of our vessels before we have managed to withdraw. The Defiler present at the scene invited us to their base in order to discuss possible cooperation. Later on we have invited the wing commanded by [REDACTED] to join us.

The Defilers are worried about the widening anomaly. Right now only small vessels could use the wormhole to get to Defilers home world. However, if the current trends continue soon larger vessels will be able to slip through. It is only a matter of time before a large fleet of KNF invades the system. Defilers need support and are looking for allies. They posses a number of unique technological curiosities they are willing to share. I would like to advise you to investigate the intelligence I have attached in this message. The Professorship believes aligning with the Defilers it is a good opportunity to strike the KNF and gain valuable technology...

...upload.completed...