Discovery Gaming Community
Natio Octavarium Internal Affairs - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Natio Octavarium Internal Affairs (/showthread.php?tid=159863)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Natio Octavarium Internal Affairs - Kazinsal - 04-05-2018

=== Incoming Transmission ===
== Encryption: If you can break this, OIC has a job for you. ==

[Image: Harold-Kane.png]

To all internal ministries of Natio Octavarium,

Consider this the new check-in point for operations and status updates. Feel free to use this channel to communicate amongst yourselves as well. Just try to keep the feed clear of banter and gossip when something critical comes up.

Kane

=== Transmission Ended ===
== Trace Failed ==

RE: Natio Octavarium Internal Affairs - Thexare - 04-05-2018

[Image: Johnathan-Jones.png]

Jones reporting from ADSV Spokane.

Ultimately the Nonsuch's outdated maneuvering thrusters weren't suited to our new arrangement. Conveniently, I found a Junker that was fascinated by old, outdated ships, so we made a deal - his Serenity-class for our archaic retrofit.

I have to be honest, I'm not even entirely sure where old man Whittington picked the thing up, and I clearly can't ask him anymore.

I went a bit further afield than the original plan, in order to properly chart a navigational course through the asteroids of the Barrier and Taus. I've included the charts with this message; our fighters and freighters won't need the help, but we do have some heaveir craft. They should have us set as far as Tau-23; hopefully the Crayterians have managed to sort out a path further in.

Recruiting for Crow Team is going well - ask Escher about that one - and we'll be able to begin operations as soon as our freighters are properly inspected and tuned up.

Message ends.

RE: Natio Octavarium Internal Affairs - Kazinsal - 04-07-2018

[ Incoming Transmission ]

Identification: Taskmaster Harold Kane
Affiliation: Natio Octavarium, Fourth Fleet

To: Natio Octavarium Internal Affairs

Subject: Comms update
Encryption: I like my bulletins like I like my eggs. Scrambled.

To all members of the Fourth Fleet,

We have acquired new comms routing hardware. It supports much more modern communications formatting and display. We highly encourage you to use it going forward. Personalize it as you see fit. Octavarium Intelligence Commission assets fall under the discretion and orders of the Minister of Intelligence and/or your commanding officers.

Civilians, keep doing whatever it is you're doing. We appreciate you.

Kane

[ Transmission Ended ]

RE: Natio Octavarium Internal Affairs - Thexare - 04-09-2018

Jones reporting.

Just a quick one today. Keeping things quiet until the ink's actually dry. Hopefully you're right about that being soon, my people are getting restless.

We took inventory of our manufacturing equipment. It's pretty rough. Much of the machinery we evacuated is still functional, but it'll be some time before we can actually operate a shipyard without outside help.

In brighter news, personal arms production can begin as soon as a facility is ready; enough of that equipment is still functional that Aquila can get to work at roughly 60% of our old capacity within three weeks, and most of that is expected to be construction. With a prefab structure, we could have half of that started within a week. Some lost production will simply be a matter of returning to form; it has been a rough time and a lot of us are a bit rusty. Proper procedures aren't muscle memory anymore, we're gonna have to relearn it.

Also, Crow Team has got another freighter ready and waiting at a friendly base. The Coocoocache is a strange boat, but I like what I'm hearing about her.

My engineers also have an interesting design concept they're working on, based on the Silent Man, and blueprints and concepts of Fort Resolute and Headlong Flight. I'm not going into detail yet, too much is still changing about it, but it should prove to be a very interesting vessel for Aquila.

Message ends.

RE: Natio Octavarium Internal Affairs - Kazinsal - 04-12-2018

To: Director Johnathan Jones, ADS

Subject: Melbourne Station
Encryption: Kane's Insanity Sauce

Jones,

I have been informed of a new development in modular station technology that is being released this week that would cut operating costs significantly. Deployment across Sirius is expected to be rapid. The Ministry of Engineering believes we could have a new Natio base of operations in our new home system up and running in weeks instead of months.

If Aquila Defense Systems is interested, there will be plenty of factory space aboard the proposed Melbourne Station for Aquila's engineering and construction departments to produce materiel for both private and public consumption.

Also feasible in the future with these new technologies would be the construction and maintenance of secondary facilities primarily owned and operated by Aquila.

Let me know what you think.

Harold

[ Transmission Ended ]

RE: Natio Octavarium Internal Affairs - Thexare - 04-13-2018

Hm.

We'll need to update our internal census properly, see how many hands we get get out there.

Normally I would want to give my people some time to recover, but I think this project would be good for them. A base is stability, and that's exactly what they need. They'll be running short shifts for a while, though; I don't want to push them too hard.

Message ends.

RE: Natio Octavarium Internal Affairs - Thexare - 04-14-2018

[Image: Victor-Delacroix.png]

Identification: Minister Victor Delacroix
Affiliation: Octavarium Intelligence Commission

To: Natio Octavarium Internal Affairs

Subject: Operations
Encryption: Mon Dieu!

I've had the Green River moved into position to prepare for Leeds-based operations. I may have stepped in a little too soon, but I believe I can smooth over any ruffled feathers. Kane, I'll give you a feed of the channel. Not entirely certain how to splice you in on the new systems, I'm not accustomed to Bretonian tech. But I'll work on that later.

The dockmaster reports that more supplies have arrived. The Melbourne project can begin soon, but we need to see how many people we can get combat-ready. Hiding doesn't work when Gallia already knows the system.

Minister Victor Delacroix
Octavarium Intelligence Commission

[ Transmission Ended ]

RE: Natio Octavarium Internal Affairs - Kazinsal - 04-24-2018

[Image: Agent-Mindcrime.png]

Identification: Agent Mindcrime
Affiliation: Octavarium Intelligence Commission

To: Natio Octavarium Internal Affairs; Taskmaster Escher

Subject: Prophecy
Encryption: Sacré Rouge

Taskmaster Escher,

Mindcrime reporting. Engine modifications to Prophecy have been completed and are undergoing testing. Active speed is increased over previous Series CX interceptors with only mild drain on the ship's power output. We can begin outfitting all Series CX ships with the upgrades and are testing similar work on HFX-series craft as well.

The Ministry of Finance will handle the costs associated with the project. Consider Prophecy back online.

Agent Mindcrime
Octavarium Intelligence Commission

[ Transmission Ended ]

RE: Natio Octavarium Internal Affairs - Kazinsal - 04-26-2018

To: Escher
Visibility: NONE

Subject: Melbourne Station
Encryption: This message isn't even here.

Escher.

We have a problem.

While charting the reaches of Tau-44 on the OCS Repentance, we came across something we hadn't seen before. And I don't just mean in the system -- I mean ever. I've never seen anything quite like it and there's nothing in any of the databases we have access to about it or the class of installation it is.

This message is to you and you only, and still, just in case somehow it gets out, the image attached below has been edited to remove any hints as to the location of the structure.

Heavily encrypted attachment found: Image

All we know about it is that it's flashing a blank IFF transponder. Scans show it's... I don't even know. There's nothing in it that we can tell without bombarding it with piles of radiation and god knows what that would do to it. I'm transferring this primarily to your ministry since this is... you know what? This shit isn't my domain unless it needs to be blown up. I'd ask you to consider it of prime interest for the Ministry of Intelligence but I have a feeling that as soon as you see it there'll be a black ops wing en route.

Come down to my office for the coordinates.

Harold

[ Transmission Ended ]

RE: Natio Octavarium Internal Affairs - Thexare - 04-26-2018

.:| Message Received
::| Sender: Technician Darren Wilson

Had a bit of a pirate issue in Cortez earlier, that's been handled. Keep an eye out for a crazy cultist bastard though, we're gonna probably just have to kill them.

Well, by "we" I mean "you", obviously.

When I made my way back to Tau-44, I looked into the wreckage of that station out by the Tott hole.

And, listen, I'm gonna level with you. It's a total writeoff. I'm sure those Crayterians were serious about their proposals to rebuild it, but that's just not happening.

Let's have a look at why.

[Image: sK1Y2sQ.png]
First segment here, it's pretty useless. If you look toward the base junction there, you can see some structural warping. It's not a breach yet, but it would be. And obviously the ends would have to be essentially reforged to connect to anything. So that's a pile of scrap. Next.

[Image: oxkHeV9.png]
This cargo airlock is honestly the only thing I can see that's potentially usable. All of the connecting pieces show the same warping as the first junction. The storage tanks are damaged beyond practical repair.

[Image: 16OMBl6.png] [Image: XHMdePr.png] [Image: PnH5sZw.png]
I'm not even entirely sure what this was, honestly. What it is now is a bunch of holes, thermal shearing, plasma burns; enough structural failures to make a Xeno reconsider.

[Image: 58bAeo8.png]
More views of the old storage tanks.

Look, the best thing we could do here frankly is sell it to the Junkers and let them process it into scrap, or hire them to melt it down for us so we can recycle it. As it is now, there's just no way we can use anything here except maybe that airlock. And honestly, I don't trust it either.

.:| Message Ends
::| Channel open for response.