Discovery Gaming Community
=DSE- Chicago - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Player Owned Bases (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+--- Thread: =DSE- Chicago (/showthread.php?tid=160143)

Pages: 1 2 3

=DSE- Chicago - DSE|= - 04-15-2018

DEEP SPACE ENGINEERS
Chicago =DSE- HEADQUARTERS

TRANSMISSION -Outward

SENDER: Steve Veltman
POSITION: CEO of =DSE-
TO: General Press Release.

It is with great pleasure that Deep Space Engineer (=DSE-) announces the refurbishment of Scrap Palace is complete.
Scrap Palace was bought some months ago and has been undergoing sizeable renovation and reconstruction. Scrap Palace is the current Head Quarters of =DSE- and conducts and governs all of its operations from the fixed orbital base outside Planet Houston, Texas.

In its short lifespan, =DSE- has grown from a modest operation of one miner ship and a 2000 cargo hauler. =DSE- negotiated and secured a large contract to supply Premium Scrap to a shipyard in the Omicrons and has not turned back. Today it boasts not only a fleet of modern Mastodon's but also a compliment of 10 mining ships with associated haulers.

=DSE- is well on its way to being the foremost leader in Deep Space engineering in Sirius with activities in Poole, Frankfurt and many other places. We are faithful to our team and our customers, and true to our cause.

Steve Veltman CEO of =DSE-

[Image: 0GDbcPu.png]
[Image: 0092ZOe.png]
[Image: JhO3jKk.gif][Image: dy8yaQJ.gif][Image: uxYFEx9.gif][Image: M51bRYF.gif][Image: KiSwBbL.gif]

RE: Scrap Palace =DSE- - Festus McBoyle - 04-15-2018

Guten Tag!

My Name is Dietrich Bonhoeffer.

Congratulations on establishing your new Head Quarters.

I was wondering if Scrap Palace was able to be docked by persons as myself. I am curious to know what you sell there.

Be advised I am Republican Shipping so am not sure of the working relationship between =DSE- and Republican.
Perhaps we could organise mutual trade and facilities access?

Auf Wiedersehen.

Dietrich.

RE: Scrap Palace =DSE- - DSE|= - 04-17-2018

DEEP SPACE ENGINEERS
Scrap Palace =DSE- HEADQUARTERS

TRANSMISSION -Outward

TO: Herr Dietrich Bonhoeffer.

Herr Bonhoeffer,

Thank you for contacting us. Your congratulations are appreciated. Indeed it has been very busy with so many new franchisees, the construction of Veltman Smelter, and of course the fully refurbished Scrap Palace.

I would like to consider what you have in mind. Currently Scrap Palace is only open to administration staff and the like. Do you have something we could discuss in regards trade, an exchange of some kind? Currently we are oversupplied with Premium Scrap, and could do with more haulers, although we have a strong preference for Liberty Corporations.

Get back to me at your convenience.

[Image: JhO3jKk.gif][Image: dy8yaQJ.gif][Image: uxYFEx9.gif][Image: M51bRYF.gif][Image: KiSwBbL.gif]

RE: Scrap Palace =DSE- - DSE|= - 04-17-2018

DEEP SPACE ENGINEERS

TRANSMISSION -Outward

TO:Lieutenant Combs - Natio Octavarium

Greetings Lieutenant Combs. My name is Steve Veltman, CEO of the Deep Space Engineers (=DSE-)
It has come to our attention that you are establishing yourself or more accurately, re-positioning yourself once more under federation with Crayter as the Crayter Federal Republic.

=DSE- is far removed from the DSE) of old, which is a shell of its former self. =DSE- is young, determined and optimistic about its future as I imagine Natio Octavarium is also.

We would like to establish dialogue, to ascertain if there is any willingness to use our services for mutual benefit.

Please, give it some thought, and get back to me at your discretion.

Warm regards,

RE: Scrap Palace =DSE- - Thexare - 04-17-2018

[ Incoming Transmission ]

[Image: Kelly-Combs.png]

Identification: Lieutenant Kelly Combs
Affiliation: Natio Octavarium, Fourth Fleet

To: DSE

Subject: Matters of Business
Encryption: Oh my yes

Good evening.

This is a bit unexpected, actually. Partially because this is a very non-standard channel for this sort of thing, and partially because I don't actually handle commercial matters usually.

While we do appreciate your interest, I don't believe you would be able to directly help us out here. Gallia's hold on the Taus is... more complete than any of us would like. I don't think it would be very safe to move a DSE convoy anywhere near our current operations.

We may be able to do business in coreward, controlled space, but our current home needs to be properly secured before any sort of large-scale commercial enterprises can truly begin out here.

Regards,
Kelly Combs
Natio Octavarium

[ Transmission Ended ]

RE: Scrap Palace =DSE- - E X O D I T E - 04-17-2018

[Image: iGJws8n.jpg?1]
솜틀 Holt, responsible personage
Gentlemen,

I understand you have a shiny, shiny smelter. The Horizon Exports crew are curious as to exactly what it would propose to import, considering that you've explicitly stated that you have too much stuff to export and not enough to bring in.

League ships may or may not be able to relieve you of some of your excess Scrap, but we'll need to know...
  • The price.
  • The availability.
Should you be able to provide those, we can do business.

RE: Scrap Palace =DSE- - Festus McBoyle - 04-18-2018

TO: Steve Veltman CEO of =DSE-

Guten Tag!
I have an established base in Frankfurt that has quick access from Munich. Stocking it with Aluminium Ore to be taken elsewhere. In return, we do have a good client who is quite interested in purchasing Premium Scrap which I know you major in. We do not want to mine it and don't have access to your smelter directly to purchase Premium Scrap.

In exchange for docking/purchasing reciprocal rights, you could sell your scrap to our base for redistribution, and purchase aluminium ore to take elsewhere. We could also purchase premium scrap on our fly-through route that goes right past Scrap Palace. If we had access, it would give us a better commodity of greater value to transport.

Thoughts Mr Veltman?

Auf Wiedersehen.

Dietrich.

RE: Scrap Palace =DSE- - DSE|= - 04-18-2018

DEEP SPACE ENGINEERS

TRANSMISSION -Outward

TO: Exodite Asmodai.

Thank you for the compliment re: Veltman Smelter. It is working far better than expected and with our most valuable resource, our franchisees, working enthusiastically, we have indeed encountered a healthy problem. We are overstocked with premium scrap.

We are also upgrading Scrap Palace and are in need of building materials and supplies.
It may be a very opportune moment for Horizon Exports to have caught us in.

Our normal rate for premium scrap is 3500SC ex-Scrap Palace. One is not able to access Veltman Smelter to buy "directly from the factory".

By arrangement, one can buy from Scrap Palace. This is the price we will offer to you. Should you be able to deliver to us some of our needed building supplies, such as Optronic Arrays, we may be able to negotiate a "preferred supplier" agreement with Horizon Exports.

Could you tell us the price you would charge for delivering, as an example 40,000 units of Optronic arrays and 40,000 units of High-Performance Alloy? This may aid us considerably in our discussions, and we are willing to pay very well for these types of products.

Regards,

RE: Scrap Palace =DSE- - DSE|= - 04-19-2018

DEEP SPACE ENGINEERS

TRANSMISSION -Outward

TO: Dietrich Bonhoeffer.

Greetings again Mr Bonhoeffer.

It surprises me but I find your concept most interesting.

What you propose is the maximisation of profits by enabling fast turnaround of the haulers, allowing local distributors a better financial incentive to sell products. I do like this very much... efficient and elegant.

As of yet, I do not know the name or placement of your establishment, nor its exact location. Can I assume it is close to the trade lanes in Frankfurt?

But could you also tell me, how do you envisage payment? Currently, the going price for premium scrap sold at Scrap Palace is 3500 SC, which is very reasonable as we are right on the Texas tradelanes. May I suggest a simple payment scheme? Make Aluminium ore available at the same price, 3500 SC. There would be no trade imbalance then.

Both your company and =DSE- need to also agree on a selling price of premium scrap to your establishment so as to not undermine each other. It cannot be too high which could prevent local distributors from having an incentive to sell premium scrap. It must give us an incentive too.
I am tentatively thinking a selling price of 8000 - 8200SC/unit of premium scrap. I do know what some end users are paying (11,000SC plus) so suggest a trial of 8000 SC to test the waters.

If you are agreeable then perhaps we should discuss access to each others bases, codes to the shop, and see how things pan out.

Over to you, Dietrich.

RE: Scrap Palace =DSE- - Festus McBoyle - 04-21-2018

Guten Tag Herr Veltman!

I believe we have the makings of a deal. Handelsdepot is situated in Frankfurt close to Mainz. It has quick access to trade lanes to Munich, New Berlin and Sigma 13. Ideally situated as a local distribution hub as well as a centralised bulk trading port.

The concept of equal purchasing costs for premium scrap and aluminium ore at 3500cr is wunderbar. We accept this and the concept of a set selling price of 8000cr at Handelsdepot is fair and reasonable. I presume this can be renegotiated should it be required.

I will send you the access code to Handelsdepot via encrypted private messaging.

Auf Wiedersehen.

Dietrich.