Discovery Gaming Community
Natio Octavarium - Faction Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Natio Octavarium - Faction Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=160149)

Pages: 1 2 3

Natio Octavarium - Faction Feedback - Natio Octavarium - 04-15-2018

It was requested we throw one of these together so as to not clutter our main faction thread.

Hello, Sirius. How are you doing today? We are doing fine. Or at least, we hope we are doing fine. Please let us know if we are not!

Natio Octavarium - Faction Feedback - Enkidu - 04-15-2018

Good to see you back.

I encourage you to get a feedback thread to free up posting space under the information. Request this reply to be removed once that's resolved.

My question regarding the 'Fourth Fleet', with a fleet usually being a large compositional measure of organised ships operating in cohesion, usually more than a handful, whilst fleet-inflation is a lore problem in a lot of organisations - obviously, you're not sizable enough to have four fleets in a quantifiable strategic sense. Are your 'fleets' essentially a gaggle of ships, with the fourth fleet being the one with the largest compositional distribution of potentially weaponisable vessels?

In addition, now you've relocated to Tau 44, how is your gameplay experience distinctive from that of the CR? You appear to have highly similar reputations and occupy the status-quo role of pro-Bretonian, anti-Gallic organisations. How do you avoid the trap of being Crayter-but-not-Crayter? You've also got a rather successful indie pirate group with a strong anti-Gallic lore who also forms an effective alliance of undesirables, trying to fight a good fight, in the same region in a separate unofficial group.

Simply being similar isn't a discouragement point. However, how can you create Synchronicities of gameplay, rather than competing gameplay redundancies? Are there even enough Gauls to go around? VR had a problem last time where it had some issues trying to create unique gameplay oppertunities that kept people keyed in. How are you going to prevent that problem from re-occurring?

RE: Natio Octavarium - Information and Status - Thexare - 04-15-2018

It's the Fourth Fleet in reference to the previous incarnations, rather than referencing currently-active fleets. The First Fleet under Petrucci, the Second fleet under Labrie, the third under Spike, the fourth under Kane. Unless Kaz had something in the works I wasn't aware of.

My main plan personally regarding differences from Crayter stems from our, let's be direct, criminal past. Generally I want to play up the shadier aspects, black market business deals, that sort of thing. We've already had productive in-game talks along those lines, actually... though I hadn't actually planned either...

RE: Natio Octavarium - Information and Status - Enkidu - 04-15-2018

Excellent. I hope it works out and that you guys find a sustainable gameplay loop. It won't be easy - you're in a relatively inactive region with a lot of competing groups for a small activity source.

Keep the HC active and recruitment open, log frequently, and you'll do just fine.

RE: Natio Octavarium - Faction Feedback - SnakThree - 04-15-2018

This forum is for official factions. Goodbye.

RE: Natio Octavarium - Faction Feedback - Natio Octavarium - 04-15-2018

Doi, my bad.

Admins please fix

RE: Natio Octavarium - Faction Feedback - Thexare - 04-27-2018

We've had our activity properly pick up a bit so I thought it prudent to bump this.

RE: Natio Octavarium - Faction Feedback - Bordo - 07-14-2018

I've been reading your Internal Affairs message dump and I think it's really awesome what you guys are doing. I've yet to make any contact with NO on any of my characters yet in-server, but based on what I'm reading you guys have your act together pretty well.

I had to do a little searching though for your Information & Status thread. Maybe have a link to it somewhere easily accessible for the rest of us who decide to take curiosity in NO? Hope to see more activity from you folk and power to you!
(sun)

RE: Natio Octavarium - Faction Feedback - Thexare - 07-14-2018

Thanks for the compliment, and yeah, I&S could be a little more readily-located. Gonna see about getting the important links put in the NO forum account signature, at the least.

RE: Natio Octavarium - Faction Feedback - SnakThree - 07-14-2018

(07-14-2018, 06:09 AM)Bordo Wrote: I've been reading your Internal Affairs message dump and I think it's really awesome what you guys are doing. I've yet to make any contact with NO on any of my characters yet in-server, but based on what I'm reading you guys have your act together pretty well.

I had to do a little searching though for your Information & Status thread. Maybe have a link to it somewhere easily accessible for the rest of us who decide to take curiosity in NO? Hope to see more activity from you folk and power to you!
(sun)

Click on Natio Octavarium, click on " View my threads ". Convenient and easy, if people are using faction accounts to start threads for their factions.