Discovery Gaming Community
POB Exploit - Crew - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: POB Exploit - Crew (/showthread.php?tid=160303)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

POB Exploit - Crew - DiscoveryGC Admins - 04-21-2018

We are aware of the now widespread practice of keeping crew on a ship to cut down FOW usage and repair bills, just unloading them every now and again.

We are looking into the POB mechanics regarding crew, however until any further announcements regarding this consider the crew on ship approach an exploit.

All POB's should have resident crew on the station.

Any station still following this exploit in a weeks time will either go to Core 1 or go. (Discussion ongoing)

Admin Team

RE: POB Exploit - Crew - ronillon - 04-21-2018

So it is suddenly an exploit? I thought it was a function. Are you kidding me? What am I supposed to do with my bases now?

This was never about FOW consumption, this was about POB not eating freaking 9k RA per day.

I guess buying crew from base, flying it to POB, unloading, waiting till they repair it and then flying that crew back will come next?

What then? Not having RA on POB will become banable offense?

YES Im pissed!

RE: POB Exploit - Crew - Kazinsal - 04-21-2018

POBs have been eating 1440 RA/day for the past week now. There was a whole announcement and series of celebrations and confusions as to how it works and everything and I still haven't gotten around to doing a PowerPoint about this.

If you and your faction can't haul a 3.6Ker of RAs to your POB every two or three days you probably shouldn't be running a POB.

RE: POB Exploit - Crew - St.Denis - 04-21-2018

Do what the rest of us do, keep the Bases supplied.

RE: POB Exploit - Crew - Lythrilux - 04-21-2018

Funny how these exploits always involve crew.

RE: POB Exploit - Crew - Karlotta - 04-21-2018

I like how this was tolerated and common practice for years but you post this exactly one day after I do it too. Maybe I should start doing other stuff that pisses me off too.

RE: POB Exploit - Crew - St.Denis - 04-21-2018

(04-21-2018, 12:01 PM)Karlotta Wrote: I like how this was tolerated and common practice for years but you post this exactly one day after I do it too. Maybe I should start doing other stuff that pisses me off too.

Last time the Admins, stomped on this exploit, Bases were reduced to Core 1, with no warning. This time, a warning has been introduced.

And just to deflate you EGO, slightly, we have been discussing this for a little while.

(04-21-2018, 11:56 AM)St.Denis Wrote: Do what the rest of us do, keep the Bases supplied.

Why? Because someone suddenly decided, that the most logical thing, that has been done for god knows how long is suddenly an exploit? No thanks.

What is next? You fly with damaged ship and you loose armor upgrade for that?

Make it so, that unless there is a crew on board POB, the base will die in 30 minutes. That would be fine by me. But this is space fascism.

RE: POB Exploit - Crew - Kazinsal - 04-21-2018

My personal suspicion is that any toleration of this was in hopes that a bunch of people doing it would forget to log in to plop their crew back on while cackling at their beating of the system, only to find their ships parked 100K below the system sun and their not-so-hard-earned base no longer resident on this plane of existence.

Lo, though, the tricksy hobbitses did not forget, as they were more clever than was previously suspected, and self-serve punishment dispensers were not the correct solution.

(04-21-2018, 12:07 PM)ronillon Wrote: Why? Because someone suddenly decided, that the most logical thing, that has been done for god knows how long is suddenly an exploit? No thanks.

What is next? You fly with damaged ship and you loose armor upgrade for that?

Make it so, that unless there is a crew on board POB, the base will die in 30 minutes. That would be fine by me. But this is space fascism.

My deepest apologies that you have to play the game now.

(04-21-2018, 12:04 PM)St.Denis Wrote:
(04-21-2018, 12:01 PM)Karlotta Wrote: I like how this was tolerated and common practice for years but you post this exactly one day after I do it too. Maybe I should start doing other stuff that pisses me off too.

Last time the Admins, stomped on this exploit, Bases were reduced to Core 1, with no warning. This time, a warning has been introduced.

And just to deflate you EGO, slightly, we have been discussing this for a little while.

Would you be so nice and link ANY information about this?