Discovery Gaming Community
Community Poll: Accept drone bays proposal with current issues? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Community Poll: Accept drone bays proposal with current issues? (/showthread.php?tid=160606)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Community Poll: Accept drone bays proposal with current issues? - Alex. - 04-30-2018

Please see the description thread for this proposal - in particular the 'Current bugs' section at the bottom detailing the scanner/name problems and the mitigations in place.
Please note that consensus to accept the proposal will not necessarily result in implementation - various people are yet to be asked for final approval, and I'm still waiting for various obscure code changes. We just want to be sure that if this gets that far, the community won't hate it over the known problems that have proven difficult to solve.

RE: Community Poll: Accept drone bays proposal with current issues? - sindroms - 04-30-2018

Posting an opinion poll that only the most active/vocal playerbase will see is not really constructive. Implement it for a trial run of a month, specify in the server messages that you need feedback for this mechanic (and that it exists) and see what feedback/violation reports come up during this time.

RE: Community Poll: Accept drone bays proposal with current issues? - Alex. - 04-30-2018

That's easy to say when you don't have to deal with the potential fallout from the active/vocal playerbase. A trial run can come later, obviously if it does get implemented it's not like feedback will be ignored and it's not like the admins couldn't just turn it off again later.

RE: Community Poll: Accept drone bays proposal with current issues? - Titan* - 04-30-2018

Drones will be anti-capital only.

RE: Community Poll: Accept drone bays proposal with current issues? - Greylock - 04-30-2018

(04-30-2018, 01:57 AM)Titan* Wrote: Drones will be anti-capital only.

Fairly sure the idea of Drones is to be anti-snub, because capital ships usually can't hit snubs too well, while they are fine for shooting other caps. Having Drones target capital ships only would make them obsolete very quickly. Do you get what I mean?

As for the idea of having working Drone bays in the game, I do like that.

RE: Community Poll: Accept drone bays proposal with current issues? - sindroms - 04-30-2018

Tell that to any BS being kited by a cruiser.

RE: Community Poll: Accept drone bays proposal with current issues? - Greylock - 04-30-2018

(04-30-2018, 02:33 AM)sindroms Wrote: Tell that to any BS being kited by a cruiser.

I never said that the Drones couldn't target capital ships, I just said that they should not target only capital ships.

RE: Community Poll: Accept drone bays proposal with current issues? - E X O D I T E - 04-30-2018

*heavy breathing*

Will this be applied to any ship with a Carrier Bay, so I can banzai peeps in my Passenger Liner?

RE: Community Poll: Accept drone bays proposal with current issues? - Kazinsal - 04-30-2018

Drone Bustard.

dangerlaunchdetecteddangerlaunchdetecteddangerlaunchdetecteddangerlaunchdetecteddangerlaunchdetected

RE: Community Poll: Accept drone bays proposal with current issues? - Felipe - 04-30-2018

(04-30-2018, 02:33 AM)sindroms Wrote: Tell that to any BS being kited by a cruiser.

Hah! A bs dying to cruiser nowadays? With the cruiser range Nerf? that i would like to see. Hell of a cruiser pilot, and real noob on the bs.