Discovery Gaming Community
To: Rheinland Government | From: USI - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Rheinland Government | From: USI (/showthread.php?tid=161004)

To: Rheinland Government | From: USI - Lafayette - 05-12-2018

// > Incoming Message
// > Sender Identified
// > Encryption Established

[Image: dfNdwC1.png]

Sender: Nicole Burton
Recipient: Rheinland Government
Subject: Ageira White Boxes permit restoration

Greetings.

My name is Nicole Burton and I am representing Universal Shipping Incorporated.

As you may be well-aware Universal Shipping has dramatically increased its operations in House Rheinland after the war, opened local offices and are daily exporting a number of minerals back to Liberty. We have also worked together with Daumann Heavy Construction in a number of occasions[1][2] and our joint operations are only going to grow further.

Unfortunately there is a lingering issue which your Administration has not yet solved and I would like to discuss. Universal Shipping has been for centuries the primary shipper of Ageira White Boxes which however ceased during the war with House Liberty. After the war and the trade restoration, Universal Shipping is still barred from transporting the aforementioned sensitive cargo. This results in increased shipping costs for Rheinland as neither Ageira Technologies nor Deep Space Engineering have the logistics to maintain the supply without overpricing. In addition this is a violation of the Peace Treaty, Charter VI, Article 17 in which both Houses have vowed to terminate any wartime trade sanctions against corporations affiliated with the other House.

We are confident this matter will be resolved as soon as possible. Thank you.

Nicole Burton
Manager
Universal Shipping Inc.

// > Terminating Connection
// > Disconnected

RE: To: Rheinland Government | From: USI - Bundeskabinett Sekretariat - 05-14-2018

=[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]=

[Image: rpnvB18.jpg]

PRIORITY: Medium
ENCRYPTION: High
IDENTIFICATION: Laura Caspers, Staatssekretärin of the Bundeskabinett Sekretariat
SOURCE: Bundeskanzleramt, Planet New Berlin
SUBJECT: Re: Ageira White Boxes permit restoration

Guten Tag, Sehr geehrte Manager Burton.

My name is Laura Caspers and I am Staatssekretärin of the Rheinland Bundeskabinett and I was authorized to reply to your message.

The Rheinland government is aware of increased activity of the Universal Shipping in the Bundesrepublik and we welcome it of course. When it comes to the issue of right for transportation of Ageira White Boxes, we are open for negotiations, but before I proceed about it, I must correct some...inaccuracies you said. For example, the Universal Shipping is definitely not "still barred" from transporting this cargo. I think it would be better to shortly summarize how the current situation arose to prevent any misunderstandings because it seems you are not informed thoroughly.

It is true that during the war with the Republic of Liberty, the Universal Shipping was completely banned from the Bundesrepublik Rheinland, thus could not transport Ageira products hier. However, after the war ended and the Peace Treaty you mention was signed two years ago, this war measure was completely lifted and no specific restriction stayed in place for your corporation. USI was allowed to ship all legal cargo within Rheinland space including products of the Ageira Technologies. Thus we acted completely in accordance with the treaty.

Much later, in November of last year, we were approached by Ageira Technologies which demanded better protection of their products in Rheinland space, where they were categorized as unrestricted cargo which anybody could transport. After some negotiations, we decided to provide it in form which we found acceptable. It was agreed by both sides that for the time being we will allow this commodity to be transported by ships of Ageira Technologies and Deep Space Engineering and their affiliates.

Simply said, the restriction for transportation of Ageira White Boxes was not idea of the Rheinland government, but the Ageira Technologies. For this reason we do not see how this can be violation of the Peace Treaty. Not to mention that said treaty does not remove our right to regulate transportation of restricted cargo and right to decide which parties will be allowed to transport it. This measure, which was introduced this year and thus long after the war, has nothing to do with the conflict and on top of that can hardly be considered as "economic boycott or border embargo" mentioned in the Article 17 of the treaty. If it would be, the only solution would be to lift the restriction for Ageira White Boxes completely. I am sure this is not what you and especially Ageira Technologies would want.

Now let´s get back to the issue. If you want to ask why USI was left out of the agreement, then I can shortly summarize it that the current deal between the Ageira Technologies and the Rheinland government was the maximum possible at a given moment. Members of the government and the Bundestag mostly did not object against restricting Ageira´s products and issuing license for their transportation to manufacturer, but were quite less inclined to approve licenses for another two Libertonian corporations - DSE and USI - on top of that. Especially when Ageira refused completely idea of some Rheinland corporation getting right to transport their products, at least in our space. You must understand, bitte, that the whole matter was and still is quite delicate politically because it could be interpreted by some media, unfriendly organizations or even uninformed citizen as giving Libertonian corporations economic influence in Rheinland because only one side would have gains if we would approve full initial proposal which included three Libertonian corporations while domestic ones would not be included at all. For this reason, both sides of negotiations have reduced their demands and stroke a deal about compromise which involved rights for Ageira and DSE while USI was left out for possible later separate negotiation.

This brings us to the present. Like I said at the beginning, we are open for negotiations about the USI shipping rights for Ageira White Boxes in Rheinland space. Precisely speaking, we are open to involve this issue in the negotiations with the government of Liberty regarding shipping rights of Rheinland corporations for nuclear devices in Liberty which we just started. Like I said, there is not enough support for the agreement where only Libertonian corporations get privileges. But if there will be agreement where Rheinland corporations get some too, that is entirely different story. Especially if we could present it to the Bundestag representatives the way that USI displayed friendly gesture towards Rheinland and used its connections to lobby in favour of agreement which allowed corporations from -both houses- acquiring new contracts. By the way, I am sure that you can cooperate closely with the Ageira Technologies because obviously they are interested in your shipping rights for Ageira White Boxes as well.

I hope I described everything clearly. If not feel free to ask.

Mit Freundlichen Grüßen,

Laura Caspers

=[TRANSMISSION TERMINATED]=

(//created by Laura C.)

RE: To: Rheinland Government | From: USI - Lafayette - 06-11-2018

// > Incoming Message
// > Sender Identified
// > Encryption Established

[Image: dfNdwC1.png]

Sender: Nicole Burton
Recipient: Rheinland Government
Subject: Ageira White Boxes permit restoration

Greetings.

We'd like to inform you that our lobbyists have been working hard the past few weeks putting pressure on our government in regards to the aforementioned negotiations.

With the help of President White of Ageira Innovations, the government has issued a permit on Nuclear Devices for ALG Waste Disposal. We believe that a reciprocal permit can be provided to Universal Shipping on Ageira White Boxes. We also believe that our case should not be further tied to the ongoing negotiations as we expect they would take at least a few months before their completion, something which the overloaded White Boxes shipping currently serviced only by Ageira and DSE might not be able to sustain in case of an emergency.

Thank you again for your cooperation.

Nicole Burton
Vice Chief of Staff
Universal Shipping Inc.

// > Terminating Connection
// > Disconnected

RE: To: Rheinland Government | From: USI - Bundeskabinett Sekretariat - 07-30-2018

=[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]=

[Image: rpnvB18.jpg]

PRIORITY: Medium
ENCRYPTION: High
IDENTIFICATION: Laura Caspers, Staatssekretärin of the Bundeskabinett Sekretariat
SOURCE: Bundeskanzleramt, Planet New Berlin
SUBJECT: Re: Ageira White Boxes permit restoration

Guten Tag, Sehr geehrte Vice Chief of Staff Burton.

I apologize for the delay, but it turned out the issue is more problematic than expected. The whole matter was discussed by the Rheinland government again, but after the preliminary consultation with the parties in the Bundestag, it turned out it is getting...complicated. While the government is glad that the ALG was allowed to transport nuclear devices in Liberty, the majority of the Bundestag representatives are not happy with the possible final form of the deal between our two houses. They do not like fact that Libertonian side should get rights to transport very specialized cargo - in your case Ageira White Boxes - in the Rheinland for main manufacturer - Ageira Technologies, the dominant cargo handler - Deep Space Engineering and the main national shipper - Universal Shipping, while Rheinland should get rights to transport very specialized cargo - in our case nuclear devices - in Liberty only for one corporation, and not even the main manufacturer, just dominant cargo handler.

On top of that, situation got even worse when some representatives found out that while Rheinland corporations are kept from possibility to transport Ageira White Boxes at least in the Rheinland space, their Kusari counterparts are allowed to do that in the Empire, at least according to the publicly available legal codex. Words like "unprecedented double standards" or even "humiliation of the Rheinland corporations" were used in comments regarding this issue.

Thus, majority of the Bundestag representatives now condition approval of rights for the USI by reaching mutual fully equal deal in which the rights to transport very specialized cargo is given to the main manufacturer, the dominant cargo handler and main national shipper from both houses, what means that apart from the ALG, the Rheinland government is expected to obtain rights for transportation of nuclear devices in Liberty also for the Kruger Mineralien as the main manufacturer and sort of equivalent of the Ageira, and the Republican Shipping as the main national shipper and equivalent of the USI. We try to negotiate about this with the Liberty government, maybe your people in it even know about it, but unfortunately it seems that these talks do not have high priority because the pace is quite slow.

So, to conclude my message, I want to stress out that the Rheinland is still willing and ready to give requested transportation rights for Ageira White Boxes to the USI. The government is in favour of it, but its hands got tied and there are conditions which must be met. In the current situation, it is not possible to convince the majority of the Bundestag representatives that we should settle for an unequal agreement. It would be harmful both politically and for the public image. We hope, however, that the equal deal is possible. We are not asking that much in our opinion, just equality in the business relations between the two neighbours. If there is any way the Universal Shipping, possibly together with the Ageira Technologies, can help, it would be appreciated. After all, there are no losses from the equal deal for you, just gains, because you will get your share on big, stable and well-paid contract.

Mit Freundlichen Grüßen,

Laura Caspers

=[TRANSMISSION TERMINATED]=

(//created by Laura C.)

RE: To: Rheinland Government | From: USI - Bundeskabinett Sekretariat - 08-06-2018

=[RESENDING MESSAGE]=