Discovery Gaming Community
Zoner Militia Infranet - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Zoner Militia Infranet (/showthread.php?tid=161271)

Zoner Militia Infranet - Zoner Militia - 05-20-2018

>>>ENCRYPTED ACCESS<<<
>>>HQ EYES ONLY<<<

[Image: 2mx08ro.jpg]

Zoner Militia

Internal Communications Network

This is the Zoner Militia Infranet (Internal Secure Comms Net).

Any operational vessels, members, officers and contributors may report in this channel. All intelligence, operations reports, and urgent messages should be done via this secure network. Any inquiries by members to HQ should be forwarded here.

Standing orders will be updated and delivered via this channel.

Currently, standing orders (aside from individual orders) are to converge in the Bering system in regards to the Zoner efforts to reclaim Freeport 2 from pirates. Avoid overt conflict and help assemble our forces in the Bering system to build a force capable of defending the Carrier Tarrafal, and taking defensive measures of any attempts by them to regain control of Freeport 2. Q-ships will serve as command and control vessels, for gunships, snubcraft and supply freighters. All vessels will report to the senior Captain present on the field, smaller craft are expected to assist our Q-ships in any way necessary.

We are currently gathering intelligence and evaluating our tactical situation. All vessels should do what they can to gather useful information, secure the Tarrafal, and train for the liklihood of combat with local forces (should negotiations fail).

Currently, Q-ship Captain Morgan Rister, commanding officer of the ZM|Starflare, has been appointed fleet commander, and is now in charge of all fleet coordination efforts.

5/20/18

RE: Zoner Militia Infranet - Lucas - 05-20-2018

Incoming Transmission...

[Image: 4EerDLt.jpg]

ID: Jack Steffens
Encryption: Normal
Topic: Report

As ordered here I have arrived at the Hudson System, where I will be staying for now. The Sparta-2 is unscratched and we have found a place to restock on for the time being.

On my way to Hudson I have met a Freelancer who had a lot of interest in the Sparta-2 , as well as Zoners, and so I decided to take them with me to Hudson. Upon reaching Hudson, I have sent Transmissions to the two active ships in the area, the Starflare, as well as the Sense.Of.Salvage. We met in the Hudson as suggested by me, and told the Freelancer more about the Zoner Militia.

As we were in the process of explaining, suddenly 2 Unioner Bombers showed up. As by command, the Sparta-2 is not allowed to defend ZM| ships, however, as soon as the Sparta was the target of Torpedos I decided to warn the Unioner. They apparently are deaf from the loud engines of their ships, and the Sparta was the target of 2 more Torpedos, so I decided to give the order of Self-defense. As expected, one of the Unioners died ( by their allies torpedos ) and the other one fled after being engaged by multiple forces.

After the situation was solved, the ZM ships proceeded back to Taraffal, while me and the Freelancer went to my current Base of Operations, where the Sparta-2 is currently being refilled and will soon proceed with the mission of gathering information.

Attachments: Not available due to missing on-board camera.

...Transmission Closed

RE: Zoner Militia Infranet - Binski - 05-20-2018

***COMM CHANNEL OPEN***
....decoding signal.....
....verifying additional security encryption....
....connection established......

[Image: 2db6vis.jpg]

Captain Morgan Rister here,

Its been a long few weeks. After leaving the Omicrons upon hearing about the commotion in Bering, we signed up for this Militia in order to assist Zoners in need. Although it seems to fringe on intrusive politics, which is typically avoided by most Zoners, my crew and I feel the crisis in Bering is a rare exception. Freeport 2 was, it seems, gradually taken over by pirates with connections to the Liberty Separatists, mainly Battlegroup Harmony. This change occured only within the last year, as it seems the last Zoners left the station when no clear leadership remained, and independent spacefarers wound up dominating the population on the station.

This may only need to be a temporary problem. Those who now have control claim they did the station and area a favor by continuing to keep the station running after Zoners dwindled away. Now, as this issue has finally come to light to Zoners all around Sirius, and those remaining in the Bering system, some feel its not too late to reclaim the station. That does not necessarily mean violence, but we will be prepared to back up those leading this effort on the Carrier Tarrafal, should it come down to a fight. However, the Separatists did at least once express interest in negotiating a settlement for peaceful transition. No formal negotiations have begun as of yet. If they did 'save' the station though, we won't just go in shooting.

I have privately conferred with our remaining unidentified HQ and contributors, who appointed me as fleet commander. They feel we should only proceed if we can muster enough support. Should support flake away, we will stand down and re-evaluate our mission.

Today we had a rendezvous in the Hudson system with another of our newly added destoyers, the ZM|Sense.Of.Salvage, an interested Freelancer WFCDelfi, and one of our main contributors, a Zoner Aquilon class carrier called the Sparta-2. Two Unioner vessels arrived during our meeting and became hostile. Attempts to reason with them went unanswered and they opened fire upon our other Q-ship, and even the carrier, who had tried to get clear, as they had no hostile intentions. One of the Unioner snubcraft was taken out by the ZM|Sense.Of.Salavage, and the other managed to cloak and withdraw. The Carrier cleared the area and our Q-ships returned to the Tarrafal. The Freelancer assisted and may join to take command of a larger vessel. Overall, it was a successful mission, and we hope our karma will hold out.

Relevant Guncams

Although we have taken no action against them, the Unioners appear to be the most aggressive against us and our presence in Bering. Extreme caution is recommended, and all efforts should be made to avoid contact with Unioner vessels, at least until we have mustered sufficient forces to engage them safely.

Shortly afterwards, a Coalition battlecruiser and MND IFF'd Rheinland battlecruiser came through and located the Tarrafal. We held our position. The Rheinland vessel seemed concerned about us operating on the edge of house space, and the Coalition captain seemed rather irritated, yet left without provocation to attack. After a brief discourse, they both moved off. I did give a reassurance to the MND vessel that we would not be violating Rheinland laws.

Relevant Guncams

Therefore, any capital classed vessels that must cross Rheinland space should wait until it has arrived in Bering to add our militia prefix. Do whatever it takes to avoid using house space to travel, but I acknowledge that without jumpdrive equipped ships, we'll have to move in our hardware as quietly as possible.

All other active ships/contributors may report here when possible. For now, fly safe and try to stay out of unnecessary trouble.

Captain Morgan Rister
Q-Ship ZM|Starflare

Zoner Militia

....signal cut....

***COMM CHANNEL CLOSED***

RE: Zoner Militia Infranet - Binski - 05-23-2018

***COMM CHANNEL OPEN***
....decoding signal.....

[Image: 9vh4hx.jpg]

Captain Rister here,

My destroyer and one of her new sister ships set out on a training patrol earlier today. We encountered a few Order vessels fighting with a Separatist capital vessel. The skirmish broke up and relocated further north where it seems the Order was driven off when many Unioner vessels arrived in the vicinity.

One of them, a Unioner operated Rhienland battleship, approached us through the rock field slowly and bade us to communicate. Yet suddenly he ordered his gunners to open fire on the ZM|Sense.Of.Salvage and critically damaged the ship. I managed to get us back to the Tarrafal and have dispatched recovery teams in a shuttle to drag the ship back to the Tarrafal and undergo repairs.

I'll reiterate my warning, don't let Unioner vessels get that close and don't stray far from the Tarrafal without cause. They are determined to attack our ships, so take measures to avoid getting caught by surprise.

Otherwise we have had a few conversations lately with passers by that voiced their support for the Zoners in Bering. We're still organizing and sorting out how best to apply our vessels. Some 50 million credits have already been contributed to new hardware. All we need are men and women to crew our ships. The recruitment drive continues, members are encouraged to keep at it in and around Bering.

Captain Morgan Rister
Q-Ship ZM|Starflare

Zoner Militia

....signal cut....

RE: Zoner Militia Infranet - Yazov - 05-28-2018

Incoming transmission...

[Image: qGqWQ1sm.png]

ID: Aoi Oono.
Encryption: "Fortress"
Topic: Vessel scans.

A brief report on the latest activities i have performed after reporting to Tarrafal. I am going to return to my workspace now, but the attached scans will apparently be somewhat useful for you, Mr. Rister.

...uploading.attachments...25%.50%.75%.100%...upload.completed...

Amenhotep.
UN|KKS-Germania.

RE: Zoner Militia Infranet - Binski - 06-08-2018

***COMM CHANNEL OPEN***
....decoding signal.....

[Image: 9vh4hx.jpg]

Captain Rister here,

Great job on those scans Oono. Any follow up information on the stance and ideology of their captains would be our next step. Try to follow up on any leads that may draw their support to our side.

We've yet to receive any communication from the parties in direct control of Freeport 2. We'll be making another attempt soon. During the last few weeks we've made great progress in gathering contributors and ships to join our force. Negotiations have gone about as far as they can go with the locals, until someone at the station speaks up. We're pretty much prepared to accept the terms of Battlegroup Harmony regarding Zoner resettlement of the Freeport. It seems likely then only the Unioners will violently oppose us.

Therefore all contributors, NCO's, Officers and their vessels are ordered to report for fleet maneuvers (training) and coordination exercises. All ships will be required to report at the Carrier Tarrafal within 48hours. An exact time will relayed on shortrange transmission closer to the rendezvous. This will be a gathering to get some basic maneuvers and group coordination worked out.

Please make the necessary preparations within your vessels/departments.

Captain Morgan Rister
Q-Ship ZM|Starflare

Zoner Militia

....signal cut....