Discovery Gaming Community
Stormbrotsjór Part 1 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Stormbrotsjór Part 1 (/showthread.php?tid=161465)

Stormbrotsjór Part 1 - Wesker - 05-27-2018

Experimental craft Hangar bay Mykoliav Station, New Moscow (//Omega-52)
05/27/825 AS, 18:45

Approaching Mykoliav Generalmajor, private reports from the S.C.R.A indicate the repair process has already begun. The shuttle carrying Annabelle touched down in the hangar bay, bringing the attention of several S.C.R.A and SCEC personnel within the area. The guards flooded out the vessel as the hatch closed, as if oxygen leaving an airlock into the vacuum of space. Following them was Anna, dressed in her nifty flight-suit with the mask covering her face. She rolled her shoulders and head a bit, adjusting herself to the change in gravity before walking over to the observatory to meet agent Krsnik and designated team assigned to the repairs and re-outfitting of the vessel.

Many of the personnel look struck to see the Generalmajor appear so different, everyone surely got wind that something strange had happened given she wouldn't take off her mask. Anna's eyes however, didn't leave her vessel, that thing was a bit more than just a ship to her for some odd reason. It had history, and more importantly - it was hers to keep and rely on. Anything in her personal possession wasn't to be tampered with without her word. Somewhat strange she took so much pride in her own belongings considering just what she represented, but then again, no one would think to question her - especially with the way she was now.

Una heðra Anna said out loud, her guards responded with surrounding the shuttle and observing the hangar bay directly. Anna ascended the stairway leading to the entrance of the observatory where Krsnik and the rest would be waiting. The door opened, Krsnik turned to glance at the Generalmajor with a neutral expression, as if he was waiting for her to speak up first.

Agent, you have the materials I mentioned, are there any other developments I should know of before I disclose my own personal adjustments? There was a hint of uncertainty in her voice, but no one in the room bothered to notice. They were after all - some of the most resourceful people considering their position. Both in the face of friendly faces and hostile ones.

RE: Stormbrotsjór Part 1 - Keller - 05-28-2018

Here they were again, though under much different circumstances than the last meeting. He found the fact that she'd brought guards to an allied installation beyond redundant, but who was he to question her need for vanity in projection of force? At least that made her seem more human, flawed like all the rest. Ignoring details he perceived as irrelevant for the moment, he'd gather his thoughts to answer her.

"No, nothing related to your project has changed and the repairs were conducted fairly seamlessly, though the Engineers took a moment to make a digital recreation of your ship to ensure everything that they did touch fell into the right places. All they need now is to know how you wish to change the current model. This will in turn let them know what materials are to be used." Taking a glance back to the engineers in position around her ship, taking note of its profile out of mere idle curiosity.

He had to admit, it was going to be interesting to see her mind at work on her apparent vessel of choice. "By all means, please inform the engineers of what you want accomplished. The sooner we have your craft prepared for combat, the sooner dread can be brought to the door-step of our enemies and dominance asserted over the Omegas. I for one look forward to seeing the final product." He stepped aside, wanting for her to approach the actual mean near the ship and speak to them personally, he saw this as more fitting than acting as an intermediary, given how personal this project felt.

He still had her offer in mind, though the scope of what the S.O.A or even the Hessians in general could offer him seemed limited in comparison to what he was currently being provided, he'd let time be the answer to that doubt however.

RE: Stormbrotsjór Part 1 - Wesker - 05-29-2018

05/27/825 AS, 18:50

Annabelle remained silent as she walked up to the table in the center of the room holding a datadisk in her hand, after inserting it into the table a projection of the modifications illuminated in distinction from the previous model. The changes seemed to clench the attention of each of the engineers as the projection, only a few minor changes to the engine components to make them more unique than uniform. The real creativity was in the exterior design, the ship traded out protection for handling - far from common in any Very Heavy Fighter design.

The Reaper's engine systems and stealth design certainly gives the vessel an advantage, rivaling the Odin design even for its size in comparison. However, condensing the compounds that make up the exterior of the ship would leave it with durability as well as maneuverability. The idea is take as little mass from the exterior as possible, that way some durability is guaranteed in the even't the vessel is fired upon while lacking shielding.

The hologram adjusted it's view to the shielding hard-point, there was nothing unique about the placement, but the shield itself seemed to be a bit different.

I've had my personal ship designers draw up a shield that would act in response to the vessel alone, the shield reflects the collective "Graviton" shield design and effects. The only difference is how the shield responds directly to the ship. Any further adjustments to the powercore would take away from the engine systems, perhaps your engineers could find a way around that; but the base design for the ship's core should remain as it was with the prototype. The ship's software is set to move up to date. Annabelle paused for a second as she adjusted the hologram to highlight the weapon systems. The weapon systems are an open market for your engineers, I have my engineers currently working on custom weapons reflecting the Scythe design, that being said - recommendations and upgrades are why I had this vessel delivered here. Notify me of any developments, I will personally oversee the project until completion.

Anna glanced at Krsnik, waiting for his word to approve and resume.

RE: Stormbrotsjór Part 1 - Keller - 05-30-2018

For a moment he wasn't sure why she was looking to him, perhaps she just wanted to know the project was ready to proceed. He was by no means an engineer, but he knew enough about ships to fly one as well as gauge how best to cripple those of the enemy. "A new alloy for the outer-hull, perhaps the one used on my personal Odin would be the best choice given your specifications for increased responsiveness without sacrificing durability. Though I feel the ship will retain its current responsiveness but gain better defense from assaults. It's left to be seen how far the Reaper's design philosophy can be pushed.

He personally favored the straight-forward designs of the Coalition and the Hessians, both because they worked and had helped preserve either faction, while the Reapers themselves had been nearly wiped out through continual offenses, though he wagered that at the very least they made the war effort for the Coalition costly, and as such their designs may have been more potent than originally assumed, despite their inevitable fall that is.

"A common complaint regarding the Lich is excess heat due to it possessing four rear-mounted engines, all of which sit close together. Improved exhaust alloy and power-management systems would help you take advantage of the engine power without the risk of a dry power-plant or a burning interior, as for the weapons, I think we can leave their design to your professionals, but the targeting software could always be improved with a more advanced and specialized computer." If she found all he'd said so far to be up to her standard and acceptable, work could commence immediately, he wouldn't allow for any lull, and it was beyond obvious that nobody would slack on the job with her supervising the work personally, not unless they had a death wish in mind.

It was time to turn that relic of a fallen society into a tool of death befitting the Matriarch of the Hessen.

RE: Stormbrotsjór Part 1 - Wesker - 06-04-2018

05/27/825 AS, 18:55

Anna left out any criticism, the ideas were mostly sound, particularly in regards to the power core of the ship. Tweaking the alloys with the armor might work, perhaps it was time to find out for certain if it was worth doing.

What alloys might those be? If you're certain it's worth the effort, I'll have them acquired. The weapons will be in within a matter of days depending on their progress. Retrofiring the tachyon weaponry seems to be a bit more challenging than initially anticipated. Other than that, I'll leave you all to your work.

Anna turned off the holocram, the team moved about, preparing for the short but none the less important project. Anna kept her head on Krsnik anticipating a response.

RE: Stormbrotsjór Part 1 - Keller - 06-09-2018

He was almost certain that the Anna he remembered was much more decisive than this, for what it was worth however she seemed to be relying on his insight and trusting that he knew how to add value to her project. Though it was becoming increasingly apparent to him that something about her had clearly changed in the two years they'd been out of contact, he'd have to wait and carefully see exactly what that was, putting the project first for now. "A partly regenerative blend that the SCEC had managed to procure and further develop for use on my own Odin, the key benefit is the fact that it can be easily 'tuned' and cut back to user specification, it'll hold under fire, though not as effectively as iridium reinforced plating, but the benefit is the loss of weight."

He didn't think there was anything left to say to her, he'd already explained himself as best as he could despite engineering not being his true specialty. Now it rested entirely on her final approval to commence, he'd thought she'd have given them the order to proceed by now, but clearly she was being a little hesitant. She was going to have to trust that both he and the engineers assigned to this project knew exactly what they were doing, and were being held accountable to the highest standard of work, no slack would be tolerated.