Discovery Gaming Community
Blood Dragons commodity - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Blood Dragons commodity (/showthread.php?tid=161637)

Pages: 1 2 3

Blood Dragons commodity - WesternPeregrine - 06-02-2018

I have wondered about a commodity produced by the Dragons, who in comparison to other major criminal/unlawful groups, serve only as a sink for stolen loot in Kusari, but have little to nothing to export in return. Apart for some engine components in Hikone (Honshu), and maybe some h-fuel in Sendai (Okinawa), the Dragons have little regarding commercial goods they could exchange for money from smugglers and helpful parties from aboard.

Now, the Dragons don't have access to any valuable spatial resources in great quantity, nor do they have the said resources to be mass producing technological equipment and try to compete in an already saturated market of weapons or machines (Thanks Core and Order).

The Dragons area faction with a lot of history, but more than that, lot's of "tradition". So maybe it's where we should search for a good.

These "Kusari/Kyoto Cultural Treasures" would be cultural artifacts from the Kusari of old, hard to find nowadays and hard to reproduce without the most skilled artisans, most of the knowledge about these treasures is preserved in Kyoto. The rarity of these treasures naturally demands a high price from collectors in Kusari proper but also aboard, and a daring smuggler would be eager to get a hand on many of these and leave Kyoto with them.
Naturally, the Dragons are not willing to relinquish of their patrimony willingly, and would classify any KCT leaving Kyoto as contraband (a few roleplay exceptions by the Dragons could apply, obviously). The Kusari state, in their efforts of preserving the culture and to prevent financing of Dragon campaigns, would also seek to confiscate these treasures and keep them in custody of the "legitimate" rulership of Kusari.

Additionally, in a mirrored case of Light Arms and Black Market Arms (as in, the originals are the forbidden ones), there would also be some sort of Kyoto Cultural Replicas. These replicas, made by the artisans of Kyoto, would be less valuable for the collector, but are allowed by the Dragon Shogunate as sort of touristy merchandise, in an effort of spreading the Dragon cultural influence and gather funds and resources to sustain their fight for the throne of Kusari. Consequently, these would be less limited or even openly sold by Kyoto merchants to outsiders, and would be targeted by Kusari lawful entities as contraband.

Outside of Kusari, I believe they would be seen in the same way as Blood Diamonds, not given much consideration of their legality unless the state authorities would be willing to support Kusari efforts of suppressing their trade.

Feel free to give suggestions, constructive criticism, or alternatives.

Edit: Treasures and Replicas would originate from Kyoto, but perhaps Replicas would have a second more costly sellpoint on Ryukyu in Tohoku, so the Dragons could divert the legitimate merchants there.

RE: Blood Dragons commodity - Rantari - 06-02-2018

I like the idea, it would be nice to have something specific to BD to make some money with.

RE: Blood Dragons commodity - Emperor Tekagi - 06-02-2018

I hereby sign a contract to start the immediate construction of a production site for this commodity.

RE: Blood Dragons commodity - Traxit - 06-02-2018

I don't see why not, adding more contraband is good.

RE: Blood Dragons commodity - LaWey - 06-02-2018

I too want something to carry on coalition ships back from Kyoto.

RE: Blood Dragons commodity - Stefan - 06-02-2018

I can see how it would make sense to have those, sign me in. I always though the game lacked some sort of "Ceremonial Tattoo Inks" for Kusari.

RE: Blood Dragons commodity - Vulkhard Muller - 06-02-2018

I can dig it count this as my Vote of support, Junkers need something to piss off the Kusari government more then we already do.

If I understand correctly:

The mass produced touristy ones are sold on some Kusari Lawful base
The Hand Made High Quality ones are sold from Kyoto right?

RE: Blood Dragons commodity - Chrysalis - 06-02-2018

That would be nice. If not cultural artifacts, then Dragon-produced light arms (bar rumor references) or even infantry combat armor(tomioka invasion derived techs surplus).

RE: Blood Dragons commodity - Banned player t202085 - 06-02-2018

(06-02-2018, 02:04 PM)Vulkhard Muller Wrote: I can dig it count this as my Vote of support, Junkers need something to piss off the Kusari government more then we already do.

No.

mass produced touristy ones are sold on Kyoto openly to everyone
The Hand Made High Quality ones are sold from Kyoto (inrply by surface smugglers I presume) and are considered contraband to the blood dragons.

RE: Blood Dragons commodity - WesternPeregrine - 06-02-2018

(06-02-2018, 02:10 PM)Silverlight Wrote:
(06-02-2018, 02:04 PM)Vulkhard Muller Wrote: I can dig it count this as my Vote of support, Junkers need something to piss off the Kusari government more then we already do.

No.

mass produced touristy ones are sold on Kyoto openly to everyone
The Hand Made High Quality ones are sold from Kyoto (inrply by surface smugglers I presume) and are considered contraband to the blood dragons.

Almost all of them are handmade. One (Treasures) are like masterpieces of old artisans and artists. Think of the original Mona Lisa.
The Replicas are mostly that, copies of old relics, or modern reproductions of old articles. Think of them as Mona Lisa posters.

Both sold on Kyoto, with the replicas possibly being sold on a secondary Dragon base.