Discovery Gaming Community
SRP ID - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: SRP ID (/showthread.php?tid=161775)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

SRP ID - Kalhmera - 06-07-2018

Disco Community, I have been receiving a lot of complaints about my SRP ID, and most of the complaints are because no one is taking the time to actually come here on the forums and read SRP ships IDs.

I dont really know why this has not been implemented hence why I am asking so please don't jump down my throat. I think SRP ships should have their lines In the game so people know what they are up against. For example, my 2nd line allows me to attack anyone FIRST so long THEY shot me first. meaning if joe blow attacked me 3 weeks ago, and I saw him today I no longer have to wait for him to attack me, I can start the hostile actions first. Just like all of liberty ships Navy, LPI, LSF I can attack all of them with the exception of transports UNLESS they are carrying nomad stuff and refuse to hand it over...

I realize I'm getting a little too deep into this at the moment, so let me know what you think about this possible change.

RE: SRP ID - Karlotta - 06-07-2018

Something about SRP permissions/restrictions being written in the /info as proposed months ago.

RE: SRP ID - buzzlightyear - 06-07-2018

Well maybe if u stick to one type of srp longer than 2 weeks there might not be complains.

RE: SRP ID - Stefan - 06-07-2018

Although I quite honestly never once shared a line of RP with you - probably because our RP venues seem to be completely apart from each other, even if I am always curious to meet new peeps - this whole SRP ID thing obviously is bound to get complicated when you're allowed to do stuff to people's ships if they cannot predict it.

Expecting people to (quickly and in time to react to your presence)...
Quote:... taking the time to actually come here on the forums and read SRP ships IDs.
Can get counterproductive considering the trip to the forums + search your specific ID isn't as quick as scanning you in game. I'd suggest setting up your /showinfo to be a good start - you could put your SRP ID lines in there.

Other than that - if your SRP ID allows you to do aggressive things, eventual complaints are to be expected, no?

RE: SRP ID - Kalhmera - 06-07-2018

(06-07-2018, 01:42 AM)Stefan Wrote: Although I quite honestly never once shared a line of RP with you - probably because our RP venues seem to be completely apart from each other, even if I am always curious to meet new peeps - this whole SRP ID thing obviously is bound to get complicated when you're allowed to do stuff to people's ships if they cannot predict it.

Expecting people to...
Quote:... taking the time to actually come here on the forums and read SRP ships IDs.
Can get counterproductive considering the trip to the forums + search your specific ID isn't as quick as scanning you in game. I'd suggest setting up your /showinfo to be a good start - you could put your SRP ID lines in there.

Other than that - if your SRP ID allows you to do aggressive things, eventual complaints are to be expected, no?

agreed, if you look at the post above you someone who has not read my ID would have known that Its been about 2 years with my old ID and I just got a new one.

Ill work on the show info. thanks

RE: SRP ID - Durandal - 06-07-2018

(06-07-2018, 01:30 AM)Kalhmera Wrote: I dont really know why this has not been implemented hence why I am asking so please don't jump down my throat. I think SRP ships should have their lines In the game

It hasn't been implemented because it really is not feasible to expect the developers or administrators to maintain a consistently updated SRP ID database in either the serverside overrides nor the clientside infocard .dll.

(06-07-2018, 01:35 AM)Karlotta Wrote: Something about SRP permissions/restrictions being written in the /info as proposed months ago.

This is easily the best idea.

(06-07-2018, 01:54 AM)Durandal Wrote:
(06-07-2018, 01:30 AM)Kalhmera Wrote: I dont really know why this has not been implemented hence why I am asking so please don't jump down my throat. I think SRP ships should have their lines In the game

It hasn't been implemented because it really is not feasible to expect the developers or administrators to maintain an consistently updated SRP ID database in either the serverside overrides nor the clientside infocard .dll.

fair enough. was just curious. Thanks man.

RE: SRP ID - Errant.Venture - 06-07-2018

I've only encountered you once. I'm also a returning vet, and noticed in the past week or so you've working on clarifying your SRP in your captains log, adding in a reputation etc. I don't really care either way, we're all here to have fun and credits can be re-earned. My suggestion, as a person who was confused as to your SRP in our encounter in Kepler would be as follows:
  • If you're going to RP, then put some actual effort into it. Cap 8 Armor ships in posse's usually steer the RP towards a firefight. Cool. Don't do it less than 500M from a Zoner Station, in a No Fire Zone. I come from .83-.85 era. Back then Zoners were pretty hardcore about No Fire Zones, and Ship Repo / Murder Parties were a thing.
  • Remember that everyone in the game is at different stages of RP vs Actual in game assets. In my case, Docking Modules weren't a thing back in the day, that actually worked. You asked me to step into a fighter submit to a scan. I RP'd getting in a fighter, once again no docking module. I got met with "idiot" and about 4 mins later, "Open Fire". While I did read your SRP afterwards, and I see potential, you're what we classified in my era as LOLWUT, and I just assumed you're the offspring of Waratah.
  • Steer the RP outcome you want, and PM them in // if someone obviously isn't educated to your SRP / where you're actually trying to go....or blow them up because you're not getting the response you want. Apparently Meta now is SRP = RP in cap ships that will kill you. I get the paranoid, vengeful, "cleanse the universe", Just cause thing. I'd also point out thought, that my RP had been posted on forums for a while prior to our actual encounter, and you clearly never read it. With that being stated, I didn't actually expect you / anyone to have read it, and for a person with SRP, you should probably assume no one else has read it. That's the whole point of forum RP vs Ingame RP / Encounters...you know living your RP, having adventures, etc.
  • Get out of the noob zone. I understand you have a background in Liberty / Order, and situations led to you breaking ties, and doing what you think is right. Good for you. But, doing it in what I call the noob zone of Liberty, especially when there are way more interesting places to go, reinforces in my mind, pulling from my time as a super active player in .83-.85 era, You're totally a LolWut / Waratah. I don't know if it's because it's more convenient, or you can rack up some PvP kills being the most godly ship in the area, but if that's your ultimate goal, SRP in a cruiser / battlecruiser, not endgame god cap.

Aside from that, and really none of the above matters because as humans we have free will, so do as you will, just work on your actual RP, and if leads to a firefight then so be it, or just kill everyone and state it's your purpose to kill everyone. Either way, don't half ass it.

RE: SRP ID - Sand_Spider - 06-07-2018

Does no one know about /setinfo anymore? They're player-made info cards which allow a description of your ship with a 1,000 character maximum.

I've been meaning to write up a tutorial on the finer points of how to use it to avoid characters running together oddly, and this seems like a good excuse for it. I'll start working on it tomorrow!

If you think I'm in a godly ship then you are clearly mistaken. I remember our encounter and you openly said you associate yourself with golanski, with that and you already being hostile I took you out. We also was not in a noob zone least I don't think Kepler qualifies. Regardless, I don't shoot everyone, i shoot infected all liberty ships as mentioned above and everyone else is case by case. Calling me a lolwhat because I had the right to destroy you is childish..