Discovery Gaming Community
Flashpoints - Available to all? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Flashpoints - Available to all? (/showthread.php?tid=16223)

Pages: 1 2 3

Flashpoints - Available to all? - Thexare - 02-08-2009

I have something in mind for two or three Outcasts that calls for a less conspicuous ship than a Kraken-armed Falcata. Something that has a bit less of a kill-on-sight status within civilized space.

Something like an Eagle carrying Flashpoints. But can an Outcast IDed/IFFed character use them? Or would I have to settle for something else - leaning towards maybe Barragers as a workable alternative...

Expanding on this question further, are Flashpoints accepted as generic weapons? Debilitators used to be, but that seemed to get thrown out the window a few months ago...

Flashpoints - Available to all? - Grumblesaur - 02-08-2009

' Wrote:I have something in mind for two or three Outcasts that calls for a less conspicuous ship than a Kraken-armed Falcata. Something that has a bit less of a kill-on-sight status within civilized space.

Something like an Eagle carrying Flashpoints. But can an Outcast IDed/IFFed character use them? Or would I have to settle for something else - leaning towards maybe Barragers as a workable alternative...

Expanding on this question further, are Flashpoints accepted as generic weapons? Debilitators used to be, but that seemed to get thrown out the window a few months ago...

Debilitators, Flashpoints, Starbeams, and Stunpulses are all civilian weapons available to all.

Though you may as well stick to Krakens and Wyrms, as with an Outcast ID and Tag, you're a target all the same.

Flashpoints - Available to all? - Thexare - 02-08-2009

I know it wouldn't actually work, but the RP reasoning's there.

And yeah, I think they should be free-for-all, but some sanctions from a while back regarding Corsairs and debilitators told me I should go ahead and ask first.

' Wrote:I know it wouldn't actually work, but the RP reasoning's there.

And yeah, I think they should be free-for-all, but some sanctions from a while back regarding Corsairs and debilitators told me I should go ahead and ask first.

Corsairs shouldn't be using debilitators because they already have Borrocos [class 5], Rapiers [class 7], Tizona del Cids [class 9 and 5 for turrets], and Colada del Cids [class 10]. All shieldbusters.

Flashpoints - Available to all? - n00bl3t - 02-08-2009

' Wrote:And yeah, I think they should be free-for-all, but some sanctions from a while back regarding Corsairs and debilitators told me I should go ahead and ask first.

They were sanctioned because they have their own shield busting guns.

On the same note, can an OC use the Arrow?

' Wrote:They were sanctioned because they have their own shield busting guns.

On the same note, can an OC use the Arrow?

It's a Civilian ship, I guess. But why would anyone want to use it? Two guns won't get you very far, regardless of the class. Unless it's an RP ship. :/

Flashpoints - Available to all? - Jihadjoe - 02-08-2009

An outcast eagle with flashpoints and debs would be within the rules.

It is quite clear you're not doing it for any pvp advantage, and if the roleplay would be that of an outcast who is trying to go somewhat incognito it makes sence.

Flashpoints - Available to all? - Drake - 02-08-2009

Arrow would probably require a Special RP Request due to its selling location. But seeing as it's a civvie ship, I don't think the request would have to be anything fancy.

Flashpoints - Available to all? - n00bl3t - 02-08-2009

' Wrote:It is quite clear you're not doing it for any pvp advantage, and if the roleplay would be that of an outcast who is trying to go somewhat incognito it makes sence.

Are you talking about the Arrow here as well?

Flashpoints - Available to all? - Jarhead - 02-11-2009

' Wrote:Debilitators, Flashpoints, Starbeams, and Stunpulses are all civilian weapons available to all.

I Know this might not be the place to ask this but, i am new to the mod and i've been away from FL for a long time, i've searched the rules and all, but is there a place where i can get all that kind of information? or is just the IDs?
Like ships that one can use and equipment?
The other day i saw someone in chat saying "that ship is illegal in new york system!"

So what what ships are?

Thats the kind of information i would like to find and read, i dont want to get into trouble if you understand, i just arrived and boy am happy this games is alive and well!:yahoo: