Discovery Gaming Community
Sci-Data killing the economy - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Sci-Data killing the economy (/showthread.php?tid=162289)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Sci-Data killing the economy - Titan* - 06-25-2018

yep it is true, i think its killing discovery economy every second. I don't even log to trade or to do mission. Waiting for pve events is basically enough to make money.

Scidata worths around 4-5mil right now and it is pretty easy to get more than 150 in single event and if you are lucky you can get the main loot that is usually 500data
500 data is like 2.5bil right now. I made like 6bil money in 1 month because of pve events and of course my luck and loots from derelict stations,cultist ships etc

I think Sci-data and Sci-data rewards needs a rework

What do you guys think?

RE: Sci-Data killing the economy - Karlotta - 06-25-2018

I've been suspecting this for a long time, even though I rarely participate in events.

Although I was the one who proposed the event system (under the name Magnifique about 2 years ago), the way it has been implemented does the opposite of what I intended when suggesting, mainly because if they are a money source (I intended them as a money sink, bragging rights being the main reward for participating) and thereby kill trading and mining.

The events should not be money sources, and should not even be at peak times.

The events were made in a way that they garner maximum participation by putting them at peak times and making them money sources.

They should be made so they promote server activity at all times, by requiring training and credits while they aren't happening.

I know this is going to be declared as me "being negative" and me being "totally mean", but the game can't be made better if things aren't said because people are afraid to offend someone.

RE: Sci-Data killing the economy - Jessitrescott - 06-25-2018

make the admin liner sell sci data for 3 million and watch the economy collapse.

RE: Sci-Data killing the economy - Lucas - 06-25-2018

It's supposed to be a moneysink, and I guess it does that job just fine by being so expensive. Not everyone can afford it, and those who are lucky to get it and sell it can be happy.
It is not like everyone makes 6bil off of Sci-Data every month, and it is not like Sci-Data is a constant income either.

I think the system is entirely fine and doesn't need any adjustments

RE: Sci-Data killing the economy - Sombs - 06-25-2018

Meanwhile, other people trade to get the money to buy Sci-Data. Shocking surprise.

RE: Sci-Data killing the economy - Stefan - 06-25-2018

- Nevermind. I don't want to get involved. Too much coffee. Tongue -

RE: Sci-Data killing the economy - Shiki - 06-25-2018

People who trade and run mining factions have complained to me about this many months ago.
It's not only economy balance being ruined with it, but also a PvP one, since we have things like imbalanced armor upgrades given by admins and other nonsense.

@Alley events were ten time more reasoanble at that regard and gave the same amount of activity to the server.

And it's very hard to call me trade/mine or Alley fan.

RE: Sci-Data killing the economy - Major. - 06-25-2018

(06-25-2018, 02:33 PM)Sicicega Wrote: People who trade and run mining factions have complained to me about this many months ago.
And you could only thank Spazzy and Skorak for those admin backed events. It's not only economy balance being ruined with it, but also a PvP one, since we have things like imbalanced armor upgrades given by admins and other nonsense.

@Alley events were ten time more reasoanble at that regard and gave the same amount of activity to the server.

+100000000000000000000000

RE: Sci-Data killing the economy - Chronicron - 06-25-2018

(06-25-2018, 02:33 PM)Sicicega Wrote: People who trade and run mining factions have complained to me about this many months ago.
And you could only thank Spazzy and Skorak for those admin backed events. It's not only economy balance being ruined with it, but also a PvP one, since we have things like imbalanced armor upgrades given by admins and other nonsense.

Yep. Basically anything else was way more interesting than this mindless cultist NPC spam.

RE: Sci-Data killing the economy - Titan* - 06-25-2018

agreed