Discovery Gaming Community
"Sunkissed" - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: "Sunkissed" (/showthread.php?tid=162318)

Pages: 1 2

"Sunkissed" - Keller - 06-26-2018

Omega-3; Freeport-1

With Kira having followed the armored man into the hangar, he felt free to pull the helmet off once more, there were no 'feasible' vantage points nearby and he truly doubted either Silver or her unknown accomplice as being bored enough to bother with him any more than they already had. "At some point, Kira, you'll have to answer that question I shot your way. As clever as you've been, you can't ignore it forever."

He had come here in a very deep red Odin, which he promptly unlocked so that he could leave his helmet inside, on the seat, that way his hands were free of the damn bucket, which weighed more than the average person might assume it would. Given the location of Freeport-1, it wasn't uncommon for other Hessian vessels to shuttle in and out of the opposite hangar bay, though this one seemed relatively more quiet, with only an occasional murmur of the docking doors in the distance making room for a few shipments, but this background noise would cease after around four repetitions, spread out over the course of the next several minutes.

Leaning against the neck of the ship, he'd pat the angular wing, a way of offering her a place to sit if she truly wanted to. He couldn't help but be curious as to what she was thinking of him, it was too early into their chat for him to be able to read her look a book just yet, but he was confident he could get there.

RE: "Sunkissed" - Kira - 06-26-2018

Kira looked at Luka's eyes once again. Green and sad. And young. Like she. He tapped his hand on the wing and her brown eyes looked at the war machine in front of her. She looked closely and pointed a finger. "Is.. Is that blood, Lukas?"

Ever since she was a child back in Crete, blood was a common sight. Child fights, plays but nothing out of the ordinary. Something that had subsided since she had left, only increasing now in the Blood Money, but once again, that was just drunken brawls, quickly put down by the security. But on this level, it shook her. Like the wings themselves were blades that ripped people apart.

Her feet slowly and fearfully eased a step back.

RE: "Sunkissed" - Keller - 06-26-2018

Oh dear, he thought to himself. Perhaps the first forty-five minutes that they met could have been followed up by something less morbid than his choice in paint. He had a bit of explanation to provide however. "The blood of a senseless serial killer, rapist, slaver and worse. A warning to the people that would follow along in their footsteps. I'm sorry, I realise it's.. morbid, you can stand next to me instead. My superior suggested that I follow in line with the tradition, you would stain your weapons in the blood of what you fought to serve as a warning and as a reminder of what you should never become."

His green eyes had calmed since his outburst in the bar, but retained their sharp charm, unbeknownst to him his pupils were also dilated whenever looking at her and if he could scan himself, he'd come to the conclusion that he was attracted to her as well. "I realise that this is awkward but just don't walk away, please."

He sounded notably more tender than before, actually trying to be polite and pleasant. He was now aware of the fact that he was dealing with a normal person and one with a genuine interest in him.

She shook her head in denial and whispered. "Why does this always happen to me, Santa?"

Her brown eyes looked at Lukas, fearfully, and smiled sadly, remembering why she was here after all. "Can.. we go somewhere else, por favor? I understand.. that you people must fight, but.. I don't like it."

She held her ground, hoping that Lukas wouldn't be just another random pilot with a death wish and a need to prove himself the best there was. Those were the edgy ones that visited the Blood Money in pilgrimage. And kicked out every time that they asked where Santa Muerte used to sit.

His eyes would soften as he smiled at her a little warmly, stepping away from his ship and towards her instead. "I understand, I do. Where would you like to go?"

Up close like this he had a chance to take a better look at her, at once noting the fact that her eyes were as striking as her facial features. "You have pretty eyes, Kira"

He hoped he wouldn't make her feel awkward by saying that, but he felt as if he had to.

"Ah-" The blood rushed again to her face as she got lost in his green eyes. "Yours are bonitos too, Lukas."

The feeling, however fresh was overwhelming and she evaded his sight. She couldn't defeat that stare. "So.. Uhm."

Her eyes focused on his suit. "Do you work for the Coaliton, si?"

He was sure that the answer to the question she just asked him was on his shoulder-guards, the flag was hard to mistake and even harder to miss especially given the reputation that the Coalition had garnered for itself. "Correct, I do. I consider myself a soldier but I think that's honestly an improper definition for what I've become."

He had resisted the temptation before, but this time he had to give in, hooking his index finger under her chin, which by all accounts felt soft, almost as if her skin were a cream. Proceeding to then guide her to look up again and directly at him rather than at his suit or any other abstract objects.

Too close, her mind shouted as her legs quivered just a bit. Kira was not used to this feeling. Childish infatuation, yes. The teenage love was far behind her and as all teenage loves ended soon and only with the revelation that she didn't knew love at first sight. Until now."Humm."

That stare was beginning to feel like an endless fall upon those green eyes. She shook her head, trying to wake up from whatever daze her mind was starting to drift upon. Regaining her composure, she asked. "What.. What was your question?"

With another calm and somewhat warm smile, he felt confident he had an understanding of the situation now. "From the way you look at me, I think I already have an answer to my first question. But besides that, I wanted to know where you want to go."

Not wanting to draw his hand away and being a little lost in her eyes as well, he'd instead moved it after hooking his finger under her chin to cup her cheek. He'd allowed himself to become soft and he was most certainly going to regret it later, but when faced with the current situation, it was impossible to just turn and walk away from her. It felt like if he did, he'd be walking away from something significant and not just a vain infatuation. "If you want to fly somewhere, that's fine as well. As long as you're comfortable."

He wasn't sure she'd agree to the suggestion given her unease for the ship behind him, that and the fact that it only had a single seat.

And after quivering, her legs felt like melted goo with his touch. She closed her eyes, savoring in full his touch. Her skin felt goosebumps everywhere, and her mind couldn't really fathom what was happening. And that snapped her back."Ahem.. Uh, perdóname."

She took a step backwards to gain some distance, to think, to breathe. What was the last time she breathed in? He wants to go away? Too fast, too fast, her mind warned her. "I.. I can't, Lukas. I got work, and.. it is being too fast, si?"

She was afraid she would hurt him by saying this, to give off the wrong impression, but.. Too fast. "Perdóname, Lukas. I.. am not.." Kira gestured her hands around in frustration. "Habituada.. ah.. Used to being like this."