Discovery Gaming Community
Out of many comes one - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Out of many comes one (/showthread.php?tid=162328)

Out of many comes one - Doe Industries - 06-26-2018

[Image: u8KfeRL.png]
E PLURIBUS UNUM

Upper Cafeteria, Doe Industries Space Port

Cherry wasn't having a good day, Rangi was being a prick and her colleagues were less than helpful. Her attempts at getting a contractible company to manage Doe Industries logistical nightmare was getting the better of her self esteem. "What had I done wrong?" she thought to herself as she poured her sixth coffee in the last forty five minutes. She began to think the coffee was no longer working when Jack Doe walked in and headed for the cafe. "Here's my chance to get something done!" she told herself. She had no qualms with going behind Rangi's back; the corporate world requires one of two things: The willingness to perform fellatio on someone ranked higher than you or be as cut throat as the next candidate.

Cherry had standards, very high standards. So she decided that instead of sucking dick she would go to the man who can get her results faster than that Maori want-to-be back in her office. She lifted herself from her seat and headed to the coffee machine for the seventh time in fifty minutes. She reached the counter and looked across, Jack wasn't paying her no mind so she cleared her throat rather loudly. Jack got a minor fright from it and looked in her direction. Cherry had the words right on the tip of her tongue but crunch time stole them off.

"Eh.. Hi Jack. I mean Mr Doe... Master Doe?.... Hi?" She managed to stammer out. Usually she'd be full of assertion and confidence but when it came to her employer she couldn't control herself. "Hmm?" Jack responded, "You alright there lady?" The reply resulted in Cherry turning a light shade of pink in embarrassment and she struggled to regain her composure. When she did, she blurted it out; "Yes, yes I am Mr Doe. I believe I may have a solution to our transport woes"

This sentence garnered Jack's entire attention, so much so the cafe attendant gave up trying to get Jack's attention. "Yes, I'm listening. What are you proposing?" Cherry replied and explained to him the situation with Rangi and the freelance pilot they interviewed in the interview room earlier that day. She mentioned that he was hard up and pressed for financial relief, that he is potentially losing his fleet due to no one offering the work he is looking for. Jack took note of everything mentally and nodded at every second sentence, this genuinely had him intrigued as he had not long got out of a meeting with his father specifically about the issues they are having.

When Cherry finally finished explaining everything, he told her to hang tight and to wait for an email from him later that day regarding her suggestion. He then turned, called the attendant over and grabbed his meal, walked off and uttered something to Cherry. All she caught was "... his job soon, I like your style." She tried to catch him but he was mid pace out the door and uninterested in anything more than his chicken cordon bleu.