Discovery Gaming Community
Slate-bait - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Slate-bait (/showthread.php?tid=162462)

Slate-bait - E X O D I T E - 07-03-2018

The humanoid form sat, sleeping, in the Waran that was her entire existence.

The ship whose bays held her, the Concordia, was entering the Bering System. A representative of the Response Team, to whom she was to be on an indefinite loan to, was waiting by the Texas Gate.

Slate-bait: Or how I learned to stop worrying and love supersoldiers

She was alerted to her newfound protectorate's presence and as such, warmed up her Waran and launched, before falling in with the SSRT ships and flying with them to Marshall.

The inspection team was all too happy to open the canopy of the Waran's cockpit... and to immediately shut it again when greeted with several annelid-esque protrusions seemingly emanating from her mid-back and being suspended in midair pointing at them. One of them remarked "
I've seen enough Kusarian animation to know where this is going." after the fact. Then they noticed the handly booklet that had been flung to the floor.

Combat Drone Maintenance Guide: Concordia Edition

Congratulations on your purchase or rent of a Concordia Biotics Enhanced Combat Drone. This handy guide should assist you in its proper operation.

Table of Contents
I. Basic Operation
II. Maintenance, routine
III. Repairing your Drone
IV. Frequently Asked Questions

Basic Operation
The basic operation of the Drone is simple. You point, it shoots. You give it a series of directives to enforce, it will enforce them to the best of its ability unless countermanded by a duly recognized controller in the field. To give it a list of targets or directives, simply beam the relevant files to its ship and it will peruse them in milliseconds.

Maintenance, routine
Routine maintenance of your Combat Drone is not unlike routine maintenance of a starship and its crew. You should feed it a 2400-kcal daily diet and make sure its water and Oxygen canisters are replaced on schedule. Every month, you should have a Concordia Biotics crew give it a proper once-over. Due to the nature of the creation of the Combat Drone, do not attempt to supplant Concordia personnel as the Drone will retaliate as it has been programmed to.

Concordia Biotics assumes no liability for injury or death resulting from use, proper or improper, of the Enhanced Combat Drone.

Repairing your Drone
If your Drone's biological components are damaged, worry not! Its advanced self-repair systems will have it back to capacity in no time. However, once it is prudent, you should still call a Concordia Biotics team to perform a proper diagnostic procedure.

Your Drone's ship, however, may need to be repaired or replaced. Follow your established procedure there.

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is your return policy?
A: Full refund up to 90 days, then half-back.

Q: My drone just killed me!
A: Your next-of-kin should contact our legal department. We'll sort it out.

Q: This is too cruel to use on my enemies.
A: Sucks to be them.

Q: What foods does the drone prefer?
A: It requires the raw materials to regenerate its flesh due to its enhancements draining its metabolism; Cambridge Foodstuffs and Synth Gel are the food of choice here at Concordia Biotics, but it can survive indefinitely off of Synth Paste.