Discovery Gaming Community
The Palm Plaza Bar - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: The Palm Plaza Bar (/showthread.php?tid=162605)

The Palm Plaza Bar - Katt Horizon - 07-09-2018

'The Palm' Plaza Bar

Two Blocks north of the Central City Airport, Across the road from the Park Plaza is a cozy little bar Called "The Palm" but other wise known as the 'Palm Plaza Bar', while calm and rather peaceful during the slow paced day things get a little more wild as the sun sets and the night owls come out to party, the day time Bartender and owner is a Gentleman Named Lucas while his night Time Shift partner and only other Staff member who's a little more rough around the edges and not so easy going is a man named Bernard, but everyone just calls him Ben.

RE: The Palm Plaza Bar - Spectre - 07-09-2018

Upon approach to the bar, Shaw, now off duty and dressed in far more casual wear, entered, looking around for the individual who called her. Even with her years in the force, not one individual had ever personally called her out. Thus was the life of the regular good cop, ironic as countless felons would've seen personally to numerous bad moments in her life if they'd had their way.
But they didn't, and the fact still remained.

After a few moments scanning the building's interior, she'd eventually make way towards someone who'd look, at least to her, similar to the woman in the communication she'd gotten.
"You Horizon?" she asked, hands stuffed into the pockets of her jacket, a genuinely curious look to her face.

RE: The Palm Plaza Bar - Katt Horizon - 07-10-2018

[Image: avatar_18832.png?dateline=1507907551]

Personal ID :::: Katherine (Katt) T, Horizon

Arriving at the already open double doors of the Palm Plaza Bar Katherine stands there for a moment as she takes in the familiar view and a breath of nostalgia, her attention is quickly shifted away from the wooden floor, walls, Tables and Chairs, to the old Retro jukebox pushed to the corner in the back to a Figure standing behind the Bar who gives a welcoming but slightly worried smile, nod of his head and a wave short of their hand as to not only welcome the new face into the bar but also welcome back a familiar face too.

"Now that's a face I haven't seen around here for weeks now." Lucas, the only bartender currently behind the bar and also the Owner, says in greeting as Katt makes her way from the doorway and over to the barkeep, "you Expecting someone or something? because the Lass that just walked in a short while before you sounds like she's looking for you." he whispers while pointing over his shoulder with the thumb of his left hand as he leans forwards over the bar, "You could say something like that, got anything Light but good?", "Think I got just the Right Stuff in mind out back... let me just go and check." Lucas responds with a slight wave of his hand and heads off in to the back room, as he does, Katherine makes her way over to Shaw who appears to have mistaken someone else for her and gives her a tap on her Right shoulder from behind, "The Idea Is to arrive a few minutes late and not Seconds Before." She says before walking over to the empty booth just to the side and making a hand gesture towards the seating on the opposite side of the table.

RE: The Palm Plaza Bar - Spectre - 07-10-2018

"Right.." she replied, walking towards the booth. She took a seat on the side opposite Katt, visibly intrigued.
"So, Ms. Horizon.. care to give me a run down of what exactly is so important?"

RE: The Palm Plaza Bar - Katt Horizon - 07-10-2018

"Im surprised you agreed to come here at all with little to no need of convincing..." She sighs while taking her seat with her left hand rummaging through the inside pocket of her jacket and removing a small cubical device of about 5 centimeters by 5 centimeters and setting it in front of her before tapping the button and turning it on, as evident by its slight pulsating glow, its Purpose unknown, "very well... I understand you supposedly, Claim to have Recently Found... "An Anomaly" or so that's what I believe you referred to it as, something you believed to have found with ease... I called you out here to ask you about this rather Important Abnormality..." Katherine pauses for a second with a grin that slowly creeps across her face as if she had just seen or thought of something rather amusing with a slight glint and sparkle in her left eye going unnoticed unless one was directly looking at her Abnormal Colored Purple Eyes to begin with.

"an Abnormality I find rather Interesting and... Rather Amusing... Particularly the Tale about Your short Trip though What I Call Quarantine Zone 224C1 to this... hypothetical "Anomaly"... I'm sure you have a Slight idea as to what I'm Referring to..." Katherine says after having made air quotes with her hands both times she's said the word Anomaly though the course of her time speaking, her Eyes watching carefully for any sign of change, from subtle shifts in body language to Characteristic impulses caused by Nervous and irregularity of breathing, Her current demeanour giving the sense of Aura around Katherine an Interrogation like feeling.

RE: The Palm Plaza Bar - Spectre - 07-11-2018

Shaw eyed the device, curious and intrigued, though still silent.
"To be honest, I don't. Even this.. 'quarantine zone' you're speaking of.. I know restricted areas, sure.. but no 'quarantine zones'.." She looked more at the device, still intrigued.
".. and.. this?"

RE: The Palm Plaza Bar - Katt Horizon - 07-12-2018

[" {C.O.V.R.E : Generate New Log} : {Append Log} : Whats the point of trying to be cryptic if the other party cant get the hint, hard to tell if this one honestly just don't know or is just Pretending to feign ignorance, {Create List} : No irregularity detected, Switching from D.R.I Display to S.O.D Vision, Will proceed with direct approach, Results: pending. "]
Her thoughts wonder in silence as she briefly shifts her gaze to the device she had placed upon the table earlier, "A Precautionary Device... Ignore it for now." Katherine answers as she returns her attention from the device and back to Shaw, "The Paloma Ice Cloud... Ms Shaw, Its become the home of a New Environmental Anomaly capable of generating Strong Electromagnetic Surges... a Storm Cloud Inside an Ice Cloud, that is Quarantine Zone 224C1... though no official Recognition has been granted Thus far..." Katherine pauses for a second as the Bartender, Lucas, steps out of the back room with a bottle and two glasses in hand, setting them down on the table before Katherine, "You probably already Knew But its been charged to your Tab" Lucas comments as he steps back as Katt gives him a Nod of acknowledgement.

"I Don't know what kind of stunt your trying to pull, But entering the area of Class 3 Abnormal Environmental Anomaly in a ship with little to no Environmental Protection against severe hazards and Particularly Strong Electrical Surges no less... would have left not only the internal Systems damaged but The Navigation Hazard of having to literally fly blind with no more then a few hounded meters of sight line with no functional Navigation Systems is... Bold, I'll give you credit for that much... but it was also very Careless and Stupid..." she starts saying while picking up the bottle, removing its cap and pouring a small amount of the amber colored liquid into a glass and giving it a sniff before continuing.

"its... Its hard enough to Study the Storm Field as it is with a Vessel Specially Refitted To survive in such harsh conditions for the sake of observation and Research... but now I have to Deal with Idiotic Pilots flying around and Disrupting My Equipment Setup to Monitor, Survey and Research the Zone, while getting them selves lost or worse, because someone decided to provide directions..." Katherine says in a lower voice with an annoyed tone and free hand placed upon the side of her face with a sigh while looking at the glass in her hand as she slides its bottom around in circles on the table surface for a moment, her eyes looking up before speaking again.

"Would you be willing to remove the details about the Paloma Ice Cloud "Anomaly" and other related scientific Instruments in the area from your Report?, In the interest of Saving lives instead of leading them to a cruel fate..." She poses the question, her gaze shifting to follow her hand as she raises the glass, swirling the liquid around a few times before throwing her head back with the glass pressed to the edge of her lips and downing the drink in a single motion then immediately pouring herself another one. "...Curiosity is what killed the Xeno... and it takes but one person to mention something before everyone wants to see for them selves... and I really hate being Disturbed from my Work to Clean up the aftermath."

RE: The Palm Plaza Bar - Katt Horizon - 08-04-2018

[Performing Time Skip because im sick of waiting for a response that will probably have minimal/no rp, goodbye Spectre]

Katherine sighs after a short time of waiting, listening to what is just silence across the table, her right hand reach's for the device before her, tapping the button found on the top of its surface and disabling its unbeknown to Shaw and few people with in the bar, jamming signal, as its then pocketed into her jackets inner pocket from whence it had come from originally.
"I'll take your silence as a no... Disappointing really, to see you would rather chose an option that would condemn people to medical facility's if not death inside a Dangerous environmental anomaly because your systems malfunctioned..." she comments and pauses as she pours another glass but lets it sit before her for a few seconds, "...our business is done here, you may go, im sure you got paper work or something at a desk to do... me... a bottle of good stuff to finish before a long trip back to the omicrons... Good Day, Ms Shaw." Katherine continues as she gives Shaw a wave of goodbye with her hand and returns to her Drink.

[ Performing Time Skip because im sick of waiting for a response that will probably have minimal/no rp, goodbye Spectre ]
[ Time Skip Length: 20mins after Shaw has left in Silence ]

Leaning back in her seat with a slight buzz but not enough to impair her physical and mental state, Katherine raises her right hand up with a stretch, "Soo you just gonna relax or are we gonna talk now?" Katherine says calling out to those who couldn't talk earlier.