Discovery Gaming Community
Red King's Journal - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Red King's Journal (/showthread.php?tid=162608)

Red King's Journal - Ruairi - 07-09-2018

The Journal of the Red King: Baire "Octonary" Rinn

==Begin audio recording==

My name is Baire, Baire "Octonary" Rinn. It has come to my attention that my memories are not set in stone. They can be uprooted and destroyed immediately at any moment --- and without any warning. In fact, it has already happened once before, almost two decades ago. I don't remember much of anything. I can recall the last 15 years of my life perfectly, but anything before that is as unknown as the deepest Omicrons. To prevent further loss of memories, I will store these audio recordings. They will be on this extremely outdated audio recorder, I think it's called a cassette tape. It's analog, not digital. It took me quite a bit of research to understand what this thing is and how it works, but this means even in the event of a total neural net collapse, my memories will be safely stored.

Of course, I could have the memory of me recording the tapes lost as well, but I have fail-safes. Several of my associates are trained to rehabilitate me in the event of a relapse by showing me the tapes, and I have numerous pointers laid out all over my signature ship, the Red King. This could all be a futile endeavor, but I don't know. We assume my memory loss was caused by the chip in my brain malfunctioning, but it could have easily been something else: physical trauma, some kind of disease, alien tampering...nobody knows.

I'm starting to run out of things to say, guess I should end this audio recording here. This is simply an introduction, after all.

==End audio recording==

RE: Red King's Journal - Ruairi - 07-10-2018

I transported gold and aluminum this whole day. That's all I can add.
I feel a slight buzzing in my ear sometimes. It doesn't bother me, but I don't welcome it either. Might need to get my ears checked for something. I might've damaged my eardrum when I banged my head on the wall during the day.

Note to self, get a physical check up.

==End audio recording==

RE: Red King's Journal - Ruairi - 07-10-2018

I've already made an entry for today, but this is quite an important note. Stay away from neutron stars, or any other source of intense magnetic activity. Electrical storms appear to be fine, probably because they are scattered, unorganized, and non-polarized. However, it seems focused magnetism (something neutron stars are an expert at releasing) causes some extreme side effects to happen to me. Namely, I'll experience loss of vision, sensation, and control. It's probably the god damn chip again!

Alright, that's it, something needs to be done about this chip. I'll have to figure out someway to get a look at it without endangering my life. This thing is starting to become a curse.

==End audio recording==

RE: Red King's Journal - Ruairi - 07-19-2018

I did quite a bit of research. I've found a few options of people who may be able to do at least some research on this damn electrical doodad. Option one is Cryer Pharmaceuticals, since they're already quite familiar with the human biology. The second option would be Auxesia; though the only thing my research uncovered was their interest in technology, so my safety probably wouldn't be guaranteed.

Ah, yes, the THIRD option would be the Ingenuus Research Group, a highly educated group of scienists (mostly Zoners). They're probably my best bet, since they're an independent and neutral entity. Yeah, I think that settles it. I'll see if I can send a transmission soon.

Damnit, the damn button's jammed again. Come ON---

==End audio recording==

RE: Red King's Journal - Ruairi - 02-05-2019

I don't know what happened. I woke up this morning feeling awful, but it was strange. I was in a hospital bed, surrounded by various medical equipment...and screens...and all kinds of things.

Thought maybe I was in a dream, hospitals are common places where those happen right? But no, this was real. Doctor came in and was surprised that I was awake. He said I'd been...in a coma for the past 7 months. Apparently I lost consciousness at a good time, right around the point I was supposed to pay off a bill. My creditor thought it was unusual of me to miss a payment, so he came to check on me on California Minor.

He...found me lying on the floor, devoid of movement. The Doc said if he hadn't found me, I'd surely be dead by starvation and thirst. How ironic---that one of the most hated kinds of people on Earth---ended up saving my life. Doc also said he was unsure of the cause; the tests were inconclusive, and every organ seemed normal. Obivously, I knew what the probable cause was: the god damn chip again. That reminds me, that's the last thing I rememeber. I was contacting various people about the chip, trying to find out information on where it came from. No replies, of course. Guess I'm on my own.

THP put me on paid leave, how generous. But at this point, should I even be partnered with them? I barely participate in their activities...I mostly do everything freelance, shipping ores and whatnot. Not to mention, the negative reputation they have among officials as "smugglers". Honestly, I think I should cut ties with them. I hope they'll understand. If I want to find more information about this chip, I'll need to do it alone.

Forgive me, lads. Fly safe.

==End audio recording==

RE: Red King's Journal - Ruairi - 10-03-2019

It has been a long time since I last recorded a tape. I forgot about this for a long time. Let's play catch up.

I am no longer part of the League. For a short time, I was a freelance trader, shipping mostly aluminum and gold ore between Rheinland and Bretonia. That's still my main activity, but I personally didn't like being entirely alone. So, as a result, I took to looking for a new organization to call home. After giving it some thought, I decided to side with the same people who provided me with my signature vessel...

...the Junkers.

Took Liberty a little while to acknowledge my change, but I am now legally allowed to operate my train in Rheinland (according to their laws), Bretonia (Junkers can fly Pitbulls), and Liberty (license). Junkers still have a vast amount of independency too, so I don't have to have some corporate fuzzball telling me what to do. Of course, I'm going to stay legal. I like my freedom to fly in Liberty. Perhaps I should set up an office of commerce in New York as a sign of good faith. I don't know.

As for the chip, I haven't given it much thought. It seems to be behaving, even after that fiasco about half a year ago. I've taken precautions in case I "black out" again, such as a brainwave monitor that will send out a distress call any time it detects highly abnormal readings. Lots of trial and error to tune it correctly since my brain doesn't work exactly like everyone else's does. I always ponder the thought of why I have this thing. Who put it there? Why me? What was the intent? I honestly think I will never know. I've searched for a long time, only to be met with dead ends.

It's late. I should really sleep. Annnndddd boop...

==End audio recording==