Discovery Gaming Community
[FLHook] Automated Bounty Plugin - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod FLHook Projects (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=266)
+----- Thread: [FLHook] Automated Bounty Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=162627)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: [FLHook] Automated Bounty Plugin - Laz - 07-11-2018

(07-11-2018, 09:27 AM)Kazinsal Wrote: Of course we also need to figure out why POB infocards just get everything after 250 characters eaten when the server restarts but y'know.

I have plans™ today, but I can take a look at that when I get home, if I am not intoxicated that is (which I absolutely will be).
The bug does remind me of the stuff I solved before, and there is a rather easy solution to it if you want me to send a pull request in for that.

RE: [FLHook] Automated Bounty Plugin - Kazinsal - 07-11-2018

(07-11-2018, 09:38 AM)Laz Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 09:27 AM)Kazinsal Wrote: Of course we also need to figure out why POB infocards just get everything after 250 characters eaten when the server restarts but y'know.

I have plans™ today, but I can take a look at that when I get home, if I am not intoxicated that is (which I absolutely will be).
The bug does remind me of the stuff I solved before, and there is a rather easy solution to it if you want me to send a pull request in for that.

Yeah if you can poke that/test/send in a PR I'll QA it and get it merged.

RE: [FLHook] Automated Bounty Plugin - Sand_Spider - 07-11-2018

Is it possible to have the server to report the IDs of both the bountied target and the one who set the bounty whenever /bounty list is run? If so, this could prevent accidental scenarios where say, a pirate bounties a Freelancer and a Bounty Hunter makes the claim, which can't be done by the rules since it's an unlawful bounty. This would also tip people off if one member of an ID bounties another member of the same ID. Setting a bounty on an ally is sketchy, and would need a really good explanation inRP as to why they would want an apparent ally shot, imo.

I'm not sure about announcing to all of Sirius whenever a high-value target logs in. That seems like it would promote shadow-logging. That said, I could see the server announcing a message system-wide: "A highly wanted individual has entered the area. Caution is advised." whenever the bountied target enters a system via Jump-Gate (I'd imagine TLAGSNET would be inRP responsible for reporting that). Entering a system via Jump Hole would not trigger this message, as Jump Holes are natural phenomena. This would encourage bountied targets to try and lie low by avoiding Jump Gates. The system-wide announcement would only play when the target themselves jumps into the system - Simply jumping into the system that they are within will not alert the player.

I also like the notion of bounties having a maximum duration. This would allow a bountied player to lie low for a while in order for the "heat" to die down. Is it possible to set it so that high enough bounties have a higher maximum duration/no time limit? I've seen bounties upwards of 50,000,000 here and there (including one or two back in the day that the Reavers were pretty quick to jump on for 100,000,000!). I doubt that if someone was willing to pay that much for someone's demise, they would want that person dead, no matter how long it takes.

A processing fee is neat, plus to me, it makes sense inRP. If you want to avoid that fee, post a forum bounty!

Final note and idea: Add a /checkbounty command that allows you to check if the player you have targeted has a bounty on them. Shorthand for the command could be /cb . This will allow Bounty Hunters and Freelancers to check a target on-the-fly rather than trying to go through Sirius' entire list of bountied targets while tensions are high.

RE: [FLHook] Automated Bounty Plugin - Lythrilux - 07-11-2018

Is it possible this could be implemented on a large scale to accommodate blanket bounty boards?

Or just some sort of in-game bounty board, like unlawful IDs being worth x amount of cash for the BHG ID.

RE: [FLHook] Automated Bounty Plugin - Sand_Spider - 07-11-2018

Just thought of another thing to add: Prevent generic ID'd players from posting bounties. They aren't allowed to do so by the server's bounty hunting rules, so it would make sense to also exclude them from being able to post bounties via FLHook, as well.

RE: [FLHook] Automated Bounty Plugin - Laz - 07-11-2018

(07-11-2018, 04:40 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Is it possible this could be implemented on a large scale to accommodate blanket bounty boards?

Or just some sort of in-game bounty board, like unlawful IDs being worth x amount of cash for the BHG ID.

Certainly possible. However, due to the nature of that being far more delicate, I would request you come back to me with a green or gold statement saying "Yeah, we want this." ^^

(07-11-2018, 04:35 PM)Sand_Spider Wrote: Is it possible to have the server to report the IDs of both the bountied target and the one who set the bounty whenever /bounty list is run?

Possible, but troublesome. It would work on most indie IDs and a fair few OF IDs since their names are saved client side, but the trouble comes with the fact that the admins change a lot of the ID names server side which FLHook cannot read unless explicitly told to do so. It's troublesome, but possible.

(07-11-2018, 04:35 PM)Sand_Spider Wrote: accidental scenarios where say, a pirate bounties a Freelancer and a Bounty Hunter makes the claim, which can't be done by the rules since it's an unlawful bounty
The main problem of this plugin is also its saving grace. Things need to be easy and unconstrictive in my opinion, adding layers and layers of this can't do this while this can but only if this is that just adds confusing for the admins setting the config, and then the players interpreting the information from it. There is an element of trust in players to not be stupid, but everything is logged in the event players do decide to do just that.

(07-11-2018, 04:35 PM)Sand_Spider Wrote: I've seen bounties upwards of 50,000,000 here and there (including one or two back in the day that the Reavers were pretty quick to jump on for 100,000,000!)

While I like the idea of this whole "heat" and notoriety thing, I've defaulted the max bounty to be 20 mill per to deter potential abuse.

(07-11-2018, 04:35 PM)Sand_Spider Wrote: Final note and idea: Add a /checkbounty command that allows you to check if the player you have targeted has a bounty on them. Shorthand for the command could be /cb . This will allow Bounty Hunters and Freelancers to check a target on-the-fly rather than trying to go through Sirius' entire list of bountied targets while tensions are high.

I plan to add that click feature suggested by @Jessitrescott.
(07-11-2018, 04:35 PM)Sand_Spider Wrote: I'm not sure about announcing to all of Sirius whenever a high-value target logs in. That seems like it would promote shadow-logging. That said, I could see the server announcing a message system-wide: "A highly wanted individual has entered the area. Caution is advised." whenever the bountied target enters a system via Jump-Gate (I'd imagine TLAGSNET would be inRP responsible for reporting that).

I agree totally. Regarding your latter suggestion, it's another thing I would suggest "putting to the floor", if people are game for that suggestion I will take the time to put it in.

Side note: I am starting to drink now. Expect less replies / nonsensical content. I mean what. ^^

RE: [FLHook] Automated Bounty Plugin - Sand_Spider - 07-12-2018

*Nods at the responses.*

If some of those suggestions are overly complicated to code, then I would certainly be in favor of skipping over them. I may not know how to code myself, but having taken a few classes for it, I know how darn complicated it can be.

Derp, I didn't see Jessi's comment!

Perhaps regarding the final suggestion of the TLAGSNET Jump-Gate announcement to the current system, it should be limited to targets with 3+ bounties on them worth an excess of X amount of credits. Then again, coming back to this with a fresh mind, that might deter the bountied target from logging in as often. With how low the server population is these days, I'm having second thoughts of promoting an idea that might discourage activity - especially since pirates would be the most frequent bounty targets, and we need more folks willing to play pirates!

RE: [FLHook] Automated Bounty Plugin - Laz - 07-13-2018

Bumping for opinions and feedback.

RE: [FLHook] Automated Bounty Plugin - Mr.Fabulous - 07-13-2018

Honestly, my biggest criticism with any bounty system in this game, or any game, that allows respawning is the fact a smart target could have a friend kill them, launder the money, and then give the money back to the target. Essentially 'Free money'.

This is very common in games such as 'EVE', where 'tis quite inconvenient to lose one's ships, but bounty hunting is basically non-existant, and only serves to either inflate the target's massive ego, or give them free money by having friends kill the target.

What WOULD be incredible to have is a /bounty system that makes random BHG NPC's spawn around the target, and focus on ONLY that target, like the /drone command does. The higher the bounty, the more powerful (and possibly the more frequent) the spawns, ranging from a flight of fighters to even flocks of battleships and CDing cruisers around a 1 Billion bounty target.

And get this... the BHG NPC's will NEVER Stop, and can spawn from almost anywhere they'd logically be able to reach (so Heavy Nomad/Guard/Pirate systems are somewhat safe).

Now THAT would truly serve the purpose of inconvenience. And the only way for the target to lose the bounty is either of three options:

1. get killed by those NPCs a number of times
2. go to a bar and type /bountybribe to pay a fraction of the bounty
3. have the bounty owner retire the bounty order

The money DOESN'T GO TO ANYONE, and disappears into the oblivions once the bounty's been concluded.

But 'tis just my 2cents.

RE: [FLHook] Automated Bounty Plugin - Connor - 07-13-2018

Ignore this. I miss read what you wrote.