Discovery Gaming Community
Changes to Bretonia and her missions. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Changes to Bretonia and her missions. (/showthread.php?tid=162679)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Changes to Bretonia and her missions. - Hubjump - 07-12-2018

Can we have dundee back? Dundee was our equivalent to New Hampshire and if i remember only sold anti GRN missions which was perfect for us wanting to farm missions. You could move its location to be sort of a back door, a back door that crawls up the back west of Bretonia, the Taus and maybe connect to Gallia.
I propose something like this.
New vs old for comparison
[Image: IbIXygH.png][Image: ONOD20O.png]

I tried to make there be more reason to have valors in Gallia whilst keeping Edinburgh connected to the Council region. I would wish for ships to fly around dundee as they do and or used to do in New Hampshire, Capital ship patrols. Grinding these were sometimes more fun then missions back in my overlord days. As for the system layout i have yet to be satisfied with any layout i can make up. BUT i do wish for one thing if this does get enough praise to be considered... Bretonian Carrier as the Base of Operations in the system of dundee. Also I mean for this to be both ways. Dundee would have both Bretonian and Gallic capital ship patrols. and both would have a base of operations in the system.

As for missions:
Why do we have anti outcast missions when we're allied to OC's.
And why are they always stortas, TOO MANY STORTAS.
My cau8 5 cerb redemption killed 6 out of the 8 that spawned in both attempts at the same mission type, died in first very fast, played safe on second attempt and barely made it out without dying whilst i failed the mission and sold my loot to get 7 mil.
Both these missions were worth 5+ mil.

That is all. Please discuss my Dundee proposal and remove anti outcast missions from BAF and BPA bases.

(07-12-2018, 07:22 PM)TheShooter36 Wrote: While the topic is here. Please consider the possibility of giving Wild missions to CR bases in tau 44. They have a base there. So it makes sense. And maybe move GRN pilot sale point to Sulawesi so that we dont need to cruise 2 systems and cruise around 250-300k with loot? Rather we would cruise 45-50k that way. I know i will never ever get sale point at mission hub like corsairs and GRN do but consider that please.

RE: Changes to Bretonia and her missions. - Durandal - 07-12-2018

We want people who are farming missions to do so in systems where there is a chance that they will encounter other players. To this end, New Hampshire is also being removed in 4.91, so.. kind of shot yourself in the foot there.

We also (largely) removed cap patrols to avoid giving one side an unfair advantage during a fight. While this wasn't a problem in systems like Dundee, systems like Dundee were/are an actual problem in that they draw people away from the rest of the server.

As for the Outcast capital missions, that's a mistake and will be hotfixed in at our earliest convenience.

RE: Changes to Bretonia and her missions. - Unseelie - 07-12-2018

While I do agree that the BAF needs missions against Gallia, and that missions against the outcasts are a bit behind where the player roleplay has taken things, I don't think its smart to add systems, for many reasons, the core reason being, every additional system lowers player density.

I think Dundee would be superfluous for a few reasons.

First, Newcastle has equivalent links to Tau, less links to Gallia itself, Secondly, Newcastle is also a place that the GRN are pushing into, Thirdly, as a route without lanes, the edinburg-dundee-Aubergeene link, especially considering that BAF would have access to Edinburgh only through Dublin, is a very, very long trip without lanes.

So I'd say that what ought be done, if the issue is missions against Gallia for the BAF, or other ways for BAF players to mission-farm, simply get missions in Newcastle, and missions in Leeds, and, as the GRN is advancing toward Leeds, Magellan, Cortez, California, Manchester, and London, I don't think adding a system deep in the supply lines of the gallic advance makes sense as a place for Bretonian operations. It makes much more sense for there to be farmable missions closer to home.

RE: Changes to Bretonia and her missions. - TheShooter36 - 07-12-2018

While the topic is here. Please consider the possibility of giving Wild missions to CR bases in tau 44. They have a base there. So it makes sense. And maybe move GRN pilot sale point to Sulawesi so that we dont need to cruise 2 systems and cruise around 250-300k with loot? Rather we would cruise 45-50k that way. I know i will never ever get sale point at mission hub like corsairs and GRN do but consider that please.

RE: Changes to Bretonia and her missions. - Piombo65 - 07-12-2018

(07-12-2018, 07:15 PM)Durandal Wrote: We also (largely) removed cap patrols to avoid giving one side an unfair advantage during a fight. While this wasn't a problem in systems like Dundee, systems like Dundee were/are an actual problem in that they draw people away from the rest of the server.
So will we see very small player fleets of 2-3 snubs that can conquest an entire house capital system without any danger? Amazing!

RE: Changes to Bretonia and her missions. - Hubjump - 07-12-2018

(07-12-2018, 07:21 PM)Unseelie Wrote: , I don't think its smart to add systems

This would reintroduce an old system which was added years ago and removed i think in 2015.

(07-12-2018, 07:15 PM)Durandal Wrote: We want people who are farming missions to do so in systems where there is a chance that they will encounter other players. To this end, New Hampshire is also being removed in 4.91, so.. kind of shot yourself in the foot there.

We also (largely) removed cap patrols to avoid giving one side an unfair advantage during a fight. While this wasn't a problem in systems like Dundee, systems like Dundee were/are an actual problem in that they draw people away from the rest of the server.

As for the Outcast capital missions, that's a mistake and will be hotfixed in at our earliest convenience.

Also, The ending of the Lib Rhein war leaves New hampshire with no reason to exist sure but you could say all the bordering house worlds have no reason too. They're just time sinks for traders.
Capital ship patrols coupled with those systems which gave a constant flow of good missions proved very profitable and VERY fun compared to the log in log out spam to get a good mission. The meeting up of both factions of the war wasn't too far one sided it didn't occur that often that you'd find someone crippled from a mission in New Hampshire. Infact people would often linger there for PVP which was great. Because we had people arrive then. Now in Leeds we get no one. And in cali us BAF aren't allowed there unless the fight drags in there from Magellan. OH YES and also people were VERY civil and let you continue your missions 9/10 times after you had died. when we were allowed to ask the person who killed us.

And missions are still in New Hampshire no? Or did they remove the ships there? i can't remember. But what i'm saying is you're removing a fun place to be. Removing those war systems is shooting the mod in the foot. and we value the mod highly. We all miss war systems. Stop removing even if the war has ended.

RE: Changes to Bretonia and her missions. - Durandal - 07-12-2018

You're talking about interactions in New Hampshire "during the war" but during the war we had 200 people. You can't honestly believe that's a reasonable comparison to draw.

RE: Changes to Bretonia and her missions. - Reddy - 07-12-2018

The OC missions in newcastle are annoying and ruin rep when you do them, glad that is being corrected.
A battle system other than Magellan all the time could be a nice change of pace.

RE: Changes to Bretonia and her missions. - Unlucky_Soul - 07-12-2018

I was Unhappy of Dundee being removed and would love to want it back. The NPC Patrols of both BAF and GRN would often spawn and you could see firefights between them. Made you feel you were in a battlefield. It was an immersive system and you could either farm/do missions or simply play as a Paramedic bringing back cargo pods back to the base.

I hope it does come back. Brings back good memories.

RE: Changes to Bretonia and her missions. - Cuttsy - 07-12-2018

hubjump try the missions in Orkney, that's where I farm in my redemption.

I do agree , I miss Dundee too, i used to spend so much time there