Discovery Gaming Community
Make Cayman great again, how to revive it. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Make Cayman great again, how to revive it. (/showthread.php?tid=162682)

Pages: 1 2 3

Make Cayman great again, how to revive it. - Hubjump - 07-12-2018

Cayman is part of a route which goes under the omegas and joins far East Rheinland to Bretonia.
Why not have some kind of drug maybe a green gas substance like the engines be purchasable in Munich at the Augsburg wreck or at Leipheim Base. And have the selling point be in Dublin at battleship hood or at Trafalgar base in New London which i would prefer over Hood, The idea here is to have a mine-able resource which is worth alot of money back in munich. I was actually thinking to suggest a scrap field in Edinburgh or leeds which you could get Damage Gallic hardware which could be a nice thing to be able to research back in rheinland. Or maybe even something nomad related in newcastle due to the atmospheric entry point containing a nomad city.
Make the commodity illegal to the factions of IMG, Zoners and what other lawful factions are in the common omega route to discourage its use.

Now about what Cayman could be without being part of a trade route.
(07-12-2018, 08:11 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Cayman going was decided long ago. I'd much rather the system and its bases were transformed into a Quasi-Lawful Freelancer/Pirate paradise (much like ancient Cayman Islands).
This is a nice idea. And to add to it.
Cayman could provide some cheaper resource for newer players to mine, Like how helium is the starter commodity to start mining and sell at Philadelphia station. this wouldn't be the end game commodity like cardamine or many of the ores. But something with a high enough selling price to be sought after at such a distance from helium for new players to mine. Whilst being far less profitable then my firstly proposed highly illegal Munich NLondon route.

This would increase activity of pirate factions around the omegas as well as give the BPA and RFP something to do.

Also many players had plans for cayman it seems.

RE: Make Cayman great again, how to revive it. - Y'berg - 07-12-2018

It would be fun to have it as a pirate/smuggler paradise... make a buy/sell point for contraband and black market ships'n'stuff

RE: Make Cayman great again, how to revive it. - Couden - 07-12-2018

Cayman is Coalition/Corsairs Territory. Here is no Activity from Corsairs side. It would be great, to make 1-2 PvP Events in Cayman between Coalition and Corsairs.

RE: Make Cayman great again, how to revive it. - Thexare - 07-12-2018

(07-12-2018, 09:25 PM)hubjump Wrote: Make the commodity illegal to the factions of [snip] Zoners [snip] lawful factions
I feel like we're running into multiple fundamental misunderstandings of Zoners here...

RE: Make Cayman great again, how to revive it. - Lythrilux - 07-12-2018

The RoS bases should have been given to the other Lawful faction in the Edge Worlds with Omega ZoI...

A Quasi-legal paradise would be dope. It'd be like Barrier Gate Station, on a bigger scale. There's lots of potential for good stories and RP to come out of it too.

RE: Make Cayman great again, how to revive it. - Y'berg - 07-12-2018

(07-12-2018, 10:03 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: A Quasi-legal paradise would be dope. It'd be like Barrier Gate Station, on a bigger scale. There's lots of potential for good stories and RP to come out of it too.
that's what i was thinking of

RE: Make Cayman great again, how to revive it. - Batavia - 07-13-2018

We should honestly stop trying to make every system profitable. It doesn't create more activity. It just pulls it away from other places, which is why most House core space, lore-wise the busiest systems, is so dead. Let's put the profits where the people are: core space.

RE: Make Cayman great again, how to revive it. - Lythrilux - 07-13-2018

(07-13-2018, 01:39 AM)Batavia Wrote: Let's put the profits where the people are: core space.

Move all good trade routes to Omicron Delta and Rho post-haste.

In all seriousness, to a degree yeah. I feel the end point for most trade routes should be within the Houses (encouraging multi-system trips for maximum interaction), but the origin point for trade routes should be outside of the Houses (of course, there should still be a decent return commodity to encourage people to go back there, or at least to somewhere else before going back there). It creates a nice balance and allows for a good variety of unlawful factions to interact along the way. Systems like Omega-7 are a bit dumb because they encourage extremely safe mining without pushing traders anywhere near the deeper Omegas where hostile parties roam.

RE: Make Cayman great again, how to revive it. - LaWey - 07-13-2018

1) Firstly, and most important, without reworking of system connections, that system provide null interest for traders.
Common omega (and i mean DEEP OMEGAS not that wannabe o-3 and o-7) routes nohow not going through Cayman generally. There important only in really, which side of Sairs/RHA-SCRA conflict treat it as "can i shoot it please" cargo. In current connections, cargo should be obviously illegal for RHA/SCRA to drive trader go through Cayman in Sairs Omicrons, instead of O-52 - O-5 routes.

2) As system now, that mostly maden as another frontline between Corsairs/SCRA-RHA. There no place for individual pirates when more powerful ones already here. (Like, try IRL make shady deals on already controlled by local gangs area)

3)Quasi-lawfull zoners already here, and this Coronado like thing good idea (near of frontline should be some merchants for sides always), but there should be more neutral and not so gunned side, like freelancer base, to not make another zoners things.

RE: Make Cayman great again, how to revive it. - kenshin156 - 07-13-2018

(07-13-2018, 01:39 AM)Batavia Wrote: We should honestly stop trying to make every system profitable. It doesn't create more activity. It just pulls it away from other places, which is why most House core space, lore-wise the busiest systems, is so dead. Let's put the profits where the people are: core space.

The problem is that people want variation. I know for goddamn sure, that I would not be playing Disco for long, if there were only the systems that are highly populated. Stuff would just get boring and predictable sooner than one might think. More systems mean more opportunitites to do things. Let's stay with Cayman, for example:

There's a Planet with completely devastated atmosphere -> Planetform has possibilities to do something there
The Planet could be rich in resources (Titanium Oxide, etc. could lead to the conclusion that there's that stuff in it) -> IMG comes in, Kruger comes in, SCRA tries to annex it, etc.
There's a completely destroyed station wreck as well -> Junkers can do stuff, AI can take it over, SCRA could try and rebuild it for themselves, Corsairs could try and establish themselves more, etc. etc.

AND let's not forget about the PvP opportunitites.

Corsairs Vs. SCRA
SCRA Vs. AI
AI Vs. anyone (if they are territorial)

As well as lots and lots and lots of other RP opportunities, since technically there could be so many shenanigans since there are relatively many factions that can do stuff there.