Discovery Gaming Community
[High Priority] [Dev notice] Carrier weapons - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: [High Priority] [Dev notice] Carrier weapons (/showthread.php?tid=162714)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

[Dev notice] Carrier weapons - Durandal - 07-14-2018

With the introduction of drone bays for all carriers, heavy slots will consequently be removed from all carrier vessels for 4.90 Part II. Please make sure any codenames or weapons you wish to keep are unmounted and stored in a safe location within the next 24 hours.

List of carriers affected in this update is as follows, for everyone who wants to split hairs regarding the Geb or Bustard, or other ships which may have 'carrier' in the name but are not balanced as carriers:

Invincible
Elbe
Tempest
Zephyr
Aquilon

Any ships NOT in the above list will NOT be given drone bays or have their heavy slots removed.

RE: [Dev notice] Carrier weapons - Chronicron - 07-14-2018

Does this means that the patch is comming out in the said 24 hours?

RE: [Dev notice] Carrier weapons - Durandal - 07-14-2018

That'd be a pretty sensible deduction.

RE: [Dev notice] Carrier weapons - Isha - 07-14-2018

Light carriers like Zephyr included, yes?

RE: [Dev notice] Carrier weapons - Durandal - 07-14-2018

Every carrier, with the exception of the Bustard.

RE: [Dev notice] Carrier weapons - Nodoka Hanamura - 07-14-2018

Someone please elaborate to me how effective these drones actually are. If they can't take on capitals or something with some kind of SNAC weapon of some sort, or are ineffective against Bombers as a defensive system, I generally see this more as a dis-benefit than a benefit.

RE: [Dev notice] Carrier weapons - Lythrilux - 07-14-2018

They mess up the aim of your target.

RE: [Dev notice] Carrier weapons - Titan* - 07-14-2018

(07-14-2018, 02:50 PM)Nodoka Hanamura Wrote: Someone please elaborate to me how effective these drones actually are. If they can't take on capitals or something with some kind of SNAC weapon of some sort, or are ineffective against Bombers as a defensive system, I generally see this more as a dis-benefit than a benefit.

they are pretty effective in fleet fights. Drone is a lot more stronger than single bomber its probably worths around 3 bomber.
They are not good at duels though especially battleship vs carrier duel.

RE: [Dev notice] Carrier weapons - TheShooter36 - 07-14-2018

In 1v1 they are not as effective as you may think. However in fleet compositions they are really really good.

RE: [Dev notice] Carrier weapons - Reddy - 07-14-2018

Carrier drones are quite effective in team fights. heavyt drone in particular is the most useful of the three. fires a 500k torpedo every 15 sec. makes carrier class unique and a support platform