Discovery Gaming Community
Tau 37 is an excuse to avoid gallia. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Tau 37 is an excuse to avoid gallia. (/showthread.php?tid=162732)

Pages: 1 2 3

Tau 37 is an excuse to avoid gallia. - Hubjump - 07-14-2018

[Image: faTfeij.png]

Gallia is that one system where you can easily avoid going through it. the space around it doesn't feel like Gallia.
when you're in liberty you feel like you're in liberty. even on the borders.
Same goes for Bretonia, Kusari and Rheinland.
But Gallia? it is still disconnected.
The house has 5 entrances. Only 5. Where as everywhere else has multiple. And Gallias location is that of Rheinlands but Rheinland has a load of worlds going around it. to be honest Rheinland is easily avoided. Not dead of course but it's quicker to go through Rheinland rather then to avoid it, with Gallia, quicker to avoid it. (if anyone wants to time this go ahead it would be beneficial.)

The places around it don't feel like home. There isn't enough back ground fade out as there is when you get further from other houses.
Bretonia gets less red, Liberty gets less... idk, Liberty. Rheinland gets less brown cloudy. apart from omega 7, that is just a cloud.
You get me? Oh and Kusari has its own kind of multi coloured feel. but it is still blue. that fades and grows as you enter and exit too.

How Gallia was wrenched into the mod was one thing. How they tried to connect it to Sirius was another.

I must also add that Gallia doesn't share the diamond layout you see in every other house.

RE: Tau 37 is an excuse to avoid gallia. - A.B. - 07-14-2018

I think the biggest problem of Gallia is the fact that the region isn't even part of Sirius Sector. From what I remember (unless the lore was changed), Gallia lies outside Sirius Sector when it comes to astrography. It was clearly visible on that animated space map that once was in Main Menu before it was removed. (It was pretty infamous for making menu going around 20 fps for some odd reasons.)

RE: Tau 37 is an excuse to avoid gallia. - Sanctions - 07-14-2018

Biggest problem of Gallia is it's existence itself.

RE: Tau 37 is an excuse to avoid gallia. - Lythrilux - 07-14-2018

Wasn't Gallia actually connected to Tau-37, before Omicron-80/Tau was added as a buffer?

RE: Tau 37 is an excuse to avoid gallia. - Alex. - 07-14-2018

(07-14-2018, 10:37 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Wasn't Gallia actually connected to Tau-37, before Omicron-80/Tau was added as a buffer?

At first Gallia's main connection was the Orkney-Languedoc hole (there was also a lesser known hole in some Outcast-controlled Omicron system a jump away from Alpha), and there was a hole from T-23 to Orkney. T-23 also has a hole to T-37.
I don't think T-37 ever had it's own jump to Gallia but I could be wrong.

RE: Tau 37 is an excuse to avoid gallia. - Backo - 07-14-2018

I don't think T-37 ever linked to Gallia either.

RE: Tau 37 is an excuse to avoid gallia. - Chrysalis - 07-14-2018

(07-14-2018, 10:37 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Wasn't Gallia actually connected to Tau-37, before Omicron-80/Tau was added as a buffer?
Nope. It was always connected to whatever o-80 was earlier (can't recall the name).

RE: Tau 37 is an excuse to avoid gallia. - WesternPeregrine - 07-14-2018

Even Tau-44 link to Provence is a recent one, if I recall correctly.

But a link from Outcastlandia to Taus is required, otherwise how would one envision their centuries old presence in the region and beyond?

RE: Tau 37 is an excuse to avoid gallia. - Thyrzul - 07-14-2018

Holy hell, you are quite on a spree these days. I've already told you on Skype a few days ago, that while you are right in that Gallia has issues, your points were all wrong, either incorrect in themselves or were based on lacking or incorrect information.

I do agree Gallia's layout sucks. I do agree that Gallia's connections suck. But putting the blame on T37? Come on, dude.

That system has always been connecting Outcast space with the rest of the Taus, ever since Vanilla. Initially it was connecting directly to Alpha, then with Gallia's introduction it was reconnected to O-80, which then also got connected to Lorraine and Alpha, later getting renamed to Omicron Tau. And if I want to find a shortcut from T23 to Kusari to avoid Gallia, I sure as hell won't go through T37. The direct JH connection to Kyushu is faster than that.

RE: Tau 37 is an excuse to avoid gallia. - Hubjump - 07-15-2018

I'm not blaming all of it, i'm just saying it is there making you not have to touch the house of Gallia.
And i'm also pointing out how other houses are faster to go through when you wanna get somewhere on the other side. encouraging you to go through the house.
As well as how it doesn't have the same fade out as you further your self from Gallia as the rest of the houses do.