Discovery Gaming Community
Tau 37 is an excuse to avoid gallia. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Tau 37 is an excuse to avoid gallia. (/showthread.php?tid=162732)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Tau 37 is an excuse to avoid gallia. - Saronsen - 07-15-2018

Ah yes, because the Outcasts historically were funneled through Gallia to reach Bretonia, instead of the Taus.

RE: Tau 37 is an excuse to avoid gallia. - Kazinsal - 07-15-2018

Gallia doesn't usually like random Sirians doing stuff in their space. Hell, freelancers have to get a Gallic visa in order to be allowed access, and a separate Gallic work visa to be able to trade in Gallic space.

This is a Gallic political problem, not a map problem.

RE: Tau 37 is an excuse to avoid gallia. - Kaze - 07-15-2018

*Reads op, reads the rest of the thread*

[Image: F291ccac95eec1942535475f65909a52_-i-shou...4-453.jpeg]

I really don't know how I should react to this. How the hell T-37 that was once directly linked to Omicron-Alpha, then to O-80 that was then later turned into Tau.. Has anything to do with Gallia?

<3

RE: Tau 37 is an excuse to avoid gallia. - Hubjump - 07-15-2018

this isn't about lore its about traffic in Gallia. from a game play perspective. It was just less reason to care.

RE: Tau 37 is an excuse to avoid gallia. - Kazinsal - 07-15-2018

Again. There is little Sirian traffic in Gallia because, if you haven't noticed, Gallia is currently in step five of a twenty step plan to attempt to conquer Sirius, and most people are not exactly on board with that.

We're not slapping Gallia in the middle of the Taus.

Aside from your exaggeration I would have connected it similar to how rheinland is connected whilst the connections would primarily be jump holes near the lanes to get the player going on them faster to make the trip through Gallia worth while since it should be faster then going around it at cruise speed the entire time.

Liberty is the only house with, wait no, every house has three main areas it is connected by
Liberty is connected in a Y shape to rheinland, Bretonia and Kusari.
Whilst Rheinland is connected in a c- shape connecting to the omicrons/sigmas, Liberty and Bretonia.
Gallia should have been the same c- shape connecting to the top omicrons, Kusari and the Taus with each having at least 2 hole/gate entrances from each area. (Of course this would contradict what i said about the holes but the holes make more sense concerning Gallias anti sirian lore.)

Seeing how the outcasts are neighbours, they should have has a larger hand in Gallic politics and criminal affairs.

There is a reason the vanilla devs laid out the systems the way they did.

There's a reason the vanilla devs didn't add Gallia. You're only a couple of jumps from another House anyway, just like there's a border system between Liberty/Kusari/Bretonia/Rheinland

[Image: mcexyyg.png]
What it should have been vs what it is.
Also that level of connectivity those edge omicron worlds have should have been above kusari to help further make gallia connected to any other areas.

But hey.
It's too late now. It was introduced all wrong.
You could have kept it connected enough to gain players attentions better whilst still maintained its lore using close to lane jump holes but hey ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ continue to ostracize me and my observations for the sake of not fixing anything because its too late.

Also if you say it is connected like that, my point it that those 5 connections arent enough and that tau 37 is a completely faster detour. Also the fact that those northern omicrons aren't even used, like... sometimes alpha got raided, but that is as far as players went.
All the action was down south east.
And all the GRN were down South west in bretonia so there was no point poking at gallia with a fleet of ransuers.

The issue is that there was nowhere for Gallia to be tacked on without being on the fringe already. Sure it's unfortunate, but Tau-37 isnt the answer

RE: Tau 37 is an excuse to avoid gallia. - Bordo - 07-15-2018

(07-15-2018, 05:54 AM)Saronsen Wrote: The issue is that there was nowhere for Gallia to be tacked on without being on the fringe already. Sure it's unfortunate, but Tau-37 isnt the answer