Discovery Gaming Community
Bring back old Omicron naming scheme. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Bring back old Omicron naming scheme. (/showthread.php?tid=162805)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Bring back old Omicron naming scheme. - Venkman - 07-16-2018

The current naming of Omicrons is terrible... Omicron Chi, Phi, Sigma... please. Can we just bring back the old naming system please?

RE: Bring back old Omicron naming scheme. - Kaze - 07-16-2018

(07-16-2018, 02:39 PM)Venkman Wrote: The current naming of Omicrons is terrible... Omicron Chi, Phi, Sigma... please. Can we just bring back the old naming system please?

I did lulz back when they named it Omicron Tau.

And while I understand people are probably already used to this naming convention, yeah, I got to agree with Venk here. Bitter old vets stand together. Salt everywhere.

<3

RE: Bring back old Omicron naming scheme. - Lythrilux - 07-16-2018

Please! The old names were so much better and gave a much more unexplored and mysterious feel to them. Giving them names, outside of the home systems (and Delta/Lost), made them feel way too tame as if they've been completely explored and colonised. The Taus, Omegas, and Sigmas are just so much better from an aesthetic standpoint right now because they still use numbers.

RE: Bring back old Omicron naming scheme. - Karlotta - 07-16-2018

There are much more important issues than this, so lets not waste time on this.

RE: Bring back old Omicron naming scheme. - Nodoka Hanamura - 07-16-2018

(07-16-2018, 02:39 PM)Venkman Wrote: The current naming of Omicrons is terrible... Omicron Chi, Phi, Sigma... please. Can we just bring back the old naming system please?

Seconded.

(07-16-2018, 02:53 PM)Karlotta Wrote: There are much more important issues than this, so lets not waste time on this.

Two words. Crimea river.

RE: Bring back old Omicron naming scheme. - Karlotta - 07-16-2018

Crimea river over system names?

RE: Bring back old Omicron naming scheme. - Lythrilux - 07-16-2018

(07-16-2018, 02:53 PM)Karlotta Wrote: There are much more important issues than this, so lets not waste time on this.

That doesn't make this thread any less valid. Changing the names back would take just a bit of infocard editing.

Whey even vote to disagree?

RE: Bring back old Omicron naming scheme. - Sombs - 07-16-2018

I wish we'd simply stick to names at some point. COLOGNE

RE: Bring back old Omicron naming scheme. - Venkman - 07-16-2018

(07-16-2018, 02:56 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: That doesn't make this thread any less valid. Changing the names back would take just a bit of infocard editing.

I'd happily offer my help for that.

RE: Bring back old Omicron naming scheme. - Kaze - 07-16-2018

(07-16-2018, 03:03 PM)Venkman Wrote:
(07-16-2018, 02:56 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: That doesn't make this thread any less valid. Changing the names back would take just a bit of infocard editing.

I'd happily offer my help for that.

And renaming the systems tbh.

Dunno why they did it initially.

<3