Discovery Gaming Community
So, Im making a terrorist! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: So, Im making a terrorist! (/showthread.php?tid=16293)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

So, Im making a terrorist! - Tenacity - 02-10-2009

Ok, not really a terrorist, I dont get a terrorist ID or anything because the admins, they hates me.

But, I'm making a lane hacker character. This guy is, as lane hackers should be, an ex-ageira employee, one who was working on some pretty sketchy stuff for the liberty government before he was burned by corporate greed. Now he wants revenge.

The character is highly intelligenty, very calculating, and likes bombs. At least, that's what i've come up with so far. I intend for him to be one of those types that really 'runs' things, instead of just being your every day pvp whoring lane hacker out to kill a few cops; rather, the character has an ultimatum, a goal he's after involving some of liberty's secrets, so he likes to distance himselves from the 'thugs' of the galaxy.

Anyways, my ship choices arent so great. I want something different than my other characters are using, since I like to fly a different type of ship with every character I have... but, my options right now are pretty open since I have other characters flying nearly every ship type available.

So, for terroristic strikes made by an intelligent man against the infrastructure of liberty, what would you prefer?

maybe i should have asked for opinions and comments in addition to vote clicks =P

So, Im making a terrorist! - Robert.Fitzgerald - 02-10-2009

Get a Scimitar (I think the Slipstream is turning into a phantom ship in 4.85).

Suitably stealthy, not threatening at first glance, lawfuls might ignore you over more dangerous targets.

So, Im making a terrorist! - farmerman - 02-10-2009

Here is my thinking:

Slipstream - it would just be temporary
Gunship - it seems more muscle than I get from your description

So either Sabre or Falcata, of which I lean to the former more than the latter because it is more generic, but I think either would work.

Of course, you could go with a Scimitar, too!

Hm... didnt think about the scimitar. Problem is, light fighters arent exactly known for their firepower, it's hard to be a fearsome terrorist when you're wielding peashooters =P

Might play around with one in open sp and see how i like it though...

So, Im making a terrorist! - Robert.Fitzgerald - 02-10-2009

You might not have much firepower, but you certainly can cause destruction - nuclear mines anyone?

Zoom into an Ageira docking bay, let off a nuclear mine and reverse thrust out before it blows =)

So, Im making a terrorist! - Jinx - 02-10-2009

if you want others to think of you as a scary terrorist - you need to find a compromise...

flying something that is overpowering doesn t inspire fear in others. - they don t see you - they see the ship. - and a ship is hardly ever scary.

fearsome is a pilot in a ship that is a good match... but a pilot that takes it to the limits. fearsome is - when a fight starts out at almost equal odds for both - and ends up in favour of the terrorist.

so - continuously defeating opponents in a scimitar is scarier than winning in a gunboat.

but since you want to win - the sabre might be a good plan.... with hacker weapons of course... not with kraken 2.

So, Im making a terrorist! - Athenian - 02-10-2009

Civilian transports loaded with explosives/MOX etc.... Park them outside Stations. Blow them up.

That's how <strike>I</strike> terrorists do it.

So, Im making a terrorist! - Cannon - 02-10-2009

Lux liner with cap8 armour. Sure it looks like a large floating hotel with pink fluffy dice on the bridge but it'll take out a badly commanded cruiser. The lawfuls will never expect a liner to open up.

So, Im making a terrorist! - looqas - 02-10-2009

' Wrote:Lux liner with cap8 armour. Sure it looks like a large floating hotel with pink fluffy dice on the bridge but it'll take out a badly commanded cruiser. The lawfuls will never expect a liner to open up.

Gave me an idea.

Someone really needs to setup an event with hijacking a liner. I'd vote for gaians to hijack a liner and try to extort Bretonia into giving Gaia a break or something.