Discovery Gaming Community
Project Nightfall - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Project Nightfall (/showthread.php?tid=163212)

Pages: 1 2

Project Nightfall - DarkTails - 07-30-2018

Project: Nightfall, Marshall Station drydock control platform A...

Captain Linford, lead officer of Project Nightfall, had called Commander Blackwings and Captain Hunter to the control platform, overlooking the open drydock. Normally this space would file the ranks of damaged ships for repairs, but with the capability to launch in-field repair parties for minor to moderately heavy damage, the dock was now reserved for a special project. Standing over the dock, she had numerous datapads and papers with her. "Truly come to this, hasn't it? Such an old design, but effective given what it's evolved to. Now, it shall live again."

Moving about the platform was various personnel, busy organizing themselves and being briefing on the new project. Here, Jade stood waiting, overlooking the plans and specifics.

RE: Project Nightfall - Spectre - 07-30-2018

Hunter approached the platform, giving Linford a nod as she walked up. The personnel walking about nearly stumbled into her a few times, but once through the waves of them, looking out at the open drydock, she was able to finally take stock.
Hunter eyed her, relaxed. "So.. you called?"
She was usually lax on a quiet day. Nothing truly exciting was impeding the cultural smoothie that was Allison's day-to-day, except the usual idiot testing the Bristol complex or the heavy ordinance delivered to Pacifica not long before.

RE: Project Nightfall - DarkTails - 07-30-2018

Jade looked over the small freighters moving into place in the drydock, most of them loaded with the raw materials for construction of a new warship. To any unknowing person, a normal process for the shipyard. "Tell me, what's this look like to you?" She said, pointing out to the vessels and suited up work crews getting into place, getting the various equipment to construct ready. Despite asking the question, she didn't expect an answer. "Deceiving as it is obvious, Captain. A secret in plain sight, the best place to hide it, after all." She said, handing Allison a datapad with a copy of the information on her own. "Tell me, what do you see here?"

RE: Project Nightfall - Spectre - 07-30-2018

"My guess would be folks either preparing to repair or build a ship. I'm not new to this, Jade. We used to be in the same Navy, y'know.."
She didn't seem too interested in the people below in the drydock, eyeing what they were doing.

RE: Project Nightfall - Val - 07-30-2018

A few minutes later after the arrival of Captain Hunter, Commander Blackwings arrived on Marshall Station. Of a step in a hurry, he went to the place of meeting. Looking hardly at the staff who greeted him he had especially in mind these cursed delay with which he was confronted. Crossing the long corridors where alternated the multiple lights of lightings, he arrived finally in front of Captains Linford and Hunter.
"My apologies for my delay he says with an a little made breathless air, these guys on Bristol are a little overtaken by the logistics and the excitement caused by this conflict with Unioners arranges nothing. "

Once excused by his two superiors, Commander Blackwings advanced on the window where he could distinguish the drydock. He kept itself a few seconds of reflection then turned around towards Captain Linford. "I suppose that you did not guest us both to observe simply engineers making their work on a drydock of repair, right? "

Captain Linford shook the head and handed Blackwings the datpad. Looking with attention, we could distinguish on the face the sketch of a smile.
"That do you expect from us Captain Linford ?"

RE: Project Nightfall - DarkTails - 08-01-2018

"It's not as boring as you two may think. The Admiral has tasked me with something new. As you know our reliance on Navy weaponry and technology makes us both potent and weak. We know each others weaknesses and how to exploit them. This is more costly to us than them. As such I've been tasked with a new initiative to remedy this issue within our strike team. Right now the Assault Battlecruiser and Siege Cruiser form the bulk of our strike forces. While exceptional craft, their weaknesses are all to well known by the Liberty Navy, who has room to improve upon them far quicker than we do. As such I'm doing a reformation of our strike forces and units. The Siege cruisers will be allocated to raiding groups and tactical assault teams while the new initiative replaces them as our frontline workhorse.

On the datapads given to you detail old plans found while going through LSF and Navy files in search for improvements and whatnot. Instead what I found was a old prototype that fits our frontline needs well. This warship is a prototype heavy cruiser that eventually evolved into what we have today as the Liberty Battlecruiser. Project LC-X271, launched in operation by the Navy two years before the Nomad war to create a heavier alternative to their siege cruiser, but had issues gaining traction due to the Government and Navy brass lacking the need for something like it. Eventually after the outbreak of the war and inter-colony crisis that evolved after, the project was left abandoned, with the Navy trying to rally what loyal forces it had left as opposed to what may have fallen to the Nomads. Following the war the project evolved into the Assault Battlecruiser we use today and the prototypes have longsince been lost after being sent to the LSF."
She took a breathe, clearly exhausted after her long speech.

"Our job today is to recreate the prototype, and modernize it. Obviously the weapons designed for it back before the Nomad War will have no affect against modern shields and weapons. It must undergo a full modernization and be brought up to date with Harmony's standards. Captain Hunter, you seem to have experience with heavy firepower and weaponry. I want you to work on it's powercore and weaponry mounts to be compatible with our current arsenal and utilize them to their fullest extent. Commander Blackwings, you're to work on it's shield generator and armor plating. This thing will be our new frontline workhorse, I want it able to take damage in stride and throw it right back at them with all it's got. Since this is no easy task I have the wrecked ruins of the San Diego brought in for use, as well as a portion of the salvage found from the systems battlegrounds. With luck we can have modern plating and equipment shipped in for this project, and get things moving."

RE: Project Nightfall - Spectre - 08-01-2018

Hunter smirked as she heard Linford talk, enjoying the sound of this ship. A heavy cruiser able to beat up the lighter, understandably fragile siege cruisers.. the very thought made her want to see this thing birth tons of ships. Some might've said it would be devious, her thoughts about the way Jade described it.
"The Navy won't know what hit 'em.. do we have any plans to make any prototype arms for this ship? Bigger guns for the heavier arm mounts?"

By now it would be obvious she had something on her mind. A thought, perhaps, of a weapon that would make the Navy think twice about the ship's capabilities.
To her, it was delicious.

RE: Project Nightfall - Val - 08-01-2018

A new heavy cruiser for Harmony? Blackwings could only be delighted at it. How many times he had be surpassed during the fights against Navy because its cruiser was lacking heavy equipment and armor plating? A door had just opened and he franchised the threshold of this one without any hesitation. He knew perfectly the weak points of the siege cruiser and he could finally apply solutions to these new cruisers.

"All this seems me to be very interesting. To occupy me of the plating armor and the generator of shield of should not raise me of problem. I already have some ideas which could show themselves effective and very useful. "

The Commander thought in particular of a new functioning of the generator of shield as well as has a new doctrine concerning the armor plating. This project swamped him with excitement.

RE: Project Nightfall - Val - 08-03-2018

Once the ended meeting Commander Blackwings returned not on Marshall Station but on his cruiser. He was indeed in serenity in his vessel very close to the dry dock of the station of the Separatists. The first thing to do for Commander was to study in detail the project and the plans of the new cruiser. He spent all his night, going through, turning, the datapad there. He got up finally from his seat and advanced to a window from where we could perceive the Marshall Station.

"This vessel has to be something completely new. Something modern, which will give us finally an advantage."

But by where to begin? Or rather how to take itself there? These questions were in reality rhetorics for the Commander. He looked again in detail at the plans concerning the generators of shields.
"These shield generators are obsolete nowadays. And why we would not build a new generator?"

He already had in mind some ideas. Blackwings indeed had some knowledge in advanced physics. He often read books to his spare time. He murmured some words of which only some of them were rather hardly to be understandable.

"Hem, yes, yes. I am going to go to make a turn for the laboratories of the Marshall Station . Maybe that these white overalls can help me or at least inquire. "
And he left like an arrow the ship for the station.

RE: Project Nightfall - DarkTails - 08-05-2018

Jade let the two of them get to work, herself having information and equipment shipped in from their allies and freelance smugglers. After overseeing work around the frame of the warship, she departed to her office. Coordinating the work from her 'office' on Marshall, she oversaw what supplies were coming in before eventually sifting through other such projects, such as the abandoned hub. Having whatever valueable equipment was there brought in, she approached Hunter, sending an aide to check up with Yann in the meantime.

"Captain, I have something for you. Brought in from a blacksite, is some experimental weaponry blueprints. They're older weapons not used by the houses, project mauler it was called, seemed like an alternative project to the cruiser cerberus guns in wide use today. I want your team to develope these weapons from the plans we have, we have the old powercell and particle accelerator from one, I expect two of these to be functional by time the cruiser is completed, understood?" She said, handing a datapad with relevant information off to her.