Discovery Gaming Community
Target IDs: Amalfi Directorate, National Council of Malta. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Target IDs: Amalfi Directorate, National Council of Malta. (/showthread.php?tid=163395)

Target IDs: Amalfi Directorate, National Council of Malta. - The Ando Initiative - 08-04-2018

[Image: ZwKonrWm.jpg]

Recipient: Listed parties.

Sender: "Homura"

Subject: Business in Tau region.

Encryption: "Okina hogo."

Konnichiwa, our respected neighbors.

It is a shame we have not approached you earlier, however, let's not be running ahead of common courtesy.
My name is Akemi Ando, and i represent The Ando Initiative - new movement among the ranks of the Blood Dragons, seeking to turn Kusari into a place where democracy reigns, maintaining a course of actions far progressive than our counterpart from The Shogunate.
But this is not the major matter at hand I am going to discuss with you.
We are seeking to establish a mining contract with Independent Miners Guild, and one of the concerns raised, as you might understand, were Maltese nation that might interfere in the mining operations to earn their share of profit. This indeed might went that way and you guaranteed will get your piece that way, however. I would like to approach you with an alternative offer, that will still not leave you aside in terms of credits earned - and will otherwise not be harmful to our little establishment; as you might already know - Tau-23 was always a place breeding trouble like flies, and the Royal Navy - is one of such troubles. Should we reach a positive conclusion with you - they will, in fact, be our only trouble standing in the way of our little affair.
However, i will no longer be wasting your time for pointless meddling around. I would like either you to dispatch a couple of fighters in the direct vicinity of the Tau-23 Beryllium and Niobium mining fields and, in case the transports or mining personnel be caught in trouble - they would respond to it immediately. We will, for sure, dispatch our own assets to overlook the situation there, but we seek to both establish close ties with the local parties and stand formidably on our own foot.
Tell me your conditions under which such an agreement could be concluded.
I am looking forward to your response.

RE: Target IDs: Amalfi Directorate, National Council of Malta. - Sciamach - 08-05-2018

[Image: UDwODCw.png]

--Incoming feed--
--Parsing data and matching encryption cipher--
--Cipher Approved--

Miss "Homura"
I must ask that you excuse my confusion here for a moment but as I see no other way you could've intended your statement, I'm compelled to ask:

Are you actively asking I simply overlook your now stated, documented, and archived intent to work with an enemy of Malta and request that we not only sanction such an action, but actively protect yourself and those involved?

I'd appreciate it enormously if you could clarify because I simply must be misunderstanding something. Surely you're aware that the miner's presence in Maltese territory isn't something we simply passively allow simply for some farcical fringe-case benefits: they continue to exist there because of the protection that the Gauls offer them and no other reason. It takes only basal arithmetic to come to the conclusion that without that protection, the Maltese Navy could and would very much like to smear the miner's very existence across the infinite vastness of time and space. I trust you know this and have this taken into account, so the only possible solution to the fact that you've come to us to ask for this in this manner, is that I've misunderstood what you're asking for. I'm terribly sorry to be a bother in this manner, but I must ask you re-phrase,

I did manage to discern that commerce is of interest to you and your people so I will point out that several Maltese famiglia have ready access to mining equipment capable of harvesting Niobium from the outskirts of Tau 23, and Malta is also home to a thriving industry of extracting industrial-quantities of Cryo-Organisms from deep within our own territory. As I'm sure you're aware, both of these resources are highly profitable substences in their own right (one being significantly moreso that the other, I'll leave you to determine which), and would make for a decent basis for an upstart group's commerce. Both of these are topics that Amalfi is willing to negotiate and bargain with, among others. Should either of those pique your interest, I implore you to inquire further, and I'll be happy to put you in contact with our logistics divisions for further information, or with another party that might be almost as capable of seeing to your needs in these matters.

Once more, I must ask you re-phrase your proposal so that I may better understand precisely what it is you seek from us. After all: I would hate to have been right in taking your phrasing at face-value, as such a scenario would very swiftly and without mercy, end very poorly for all parties involved. None of us would want that and I would rather come to regard you and yours as business partners rather than the potential alternatives.

Please, do keep in touch.

--R&D Division Chief & Senior Agent,
Harry Callahan

RE: Target IDs: Amalfi Directorate, National Council of Malta. - The Ando Initiative - 08-07-2018

[Image: ZwKonrWm.jpg]

Recipient: Harry Callahan.

Sender: "Homura"

Subject: Business proposal?

Encryption: "Ōkina hogo."

Mr. Callahan,

There is no need to threaten us. What we're doing is merely checking on every opportunity of setting up our business in Tau region. That includes you, the Maltese nation as a whole. While we have the pure understanding of why the fact of someone is attempting to get in touch with Independent Miners - your words still sound like you might have a worthy alternative to the ores provided by Tau-23?
Then i am all ears, we shall be looking closely into your offer shall you provide us with more details.

RE: Target IDs: Amalfi Directorate, National Council of Malta. - Sciamach - 08-08-2018

[Image: UDwODCw.png]

--Incoming feed--
--Parsing data and matching encryption cipher--
--Cipher Approved--

Miss "Homura"

If you have inferred a threat in my phrasing then I must ask you to forgive me, for truly that was not my intent.

As for your "every opportunity" policy, I feel compelled to point out that the opening of one door in this scenario may very well indeed close another, and I advise you be wary of closed-doors in this metaphor of ours, as they can quite often become the architects of one's own demise. Treading carefully and choosing the proper allies is paramount in the region you've chosen to inhabit. Thusfar you seem capable of recognizing that besides your previous blunder, so for that I am willing to further cooperation.

Finally, words when it comes to commerce mean little, thus I'm prepared to offer up this:

The Tau-44 system contains a newly revitalized organization known as the Natio Octavarium. They are in possession of a recently re-purposed station known as Canberra, which contains some of the resources that can be gleaned from positive relationships with the Maltese Nation. Cryo-Organisms, as they have come to be colloquially known, are a resource that go for significant prices in certain markets beyond the Taus. If you wish to know the benefits of what Malta can offer, all you must do is get in contact with the Natio and acquire some for yourself, I'm sure they would be willing to sell you some of their containers for a price. If your people like what they see, we can talk about arranging some shipments to another location of your choosing.

--R&D Division Chief & Senior Agent,
Harry Callahan