Discovery Gaming Community
The Way of the Blood Ronin: an indie RP - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: The Way of the Blood Ronin: an indie RP (/showthread.php?tid=163417)

The Way of the Blood Ronin: an indie RP - Mr.Fabulous - 08-05-2018

Feedback Thread

<<<>>>

::: 02 February, 824 A.S. :::

"... So... This is all of the Kazushi clan...?"

Tamiya Fushigina Kazushi-Dachiko stood in the bridge of the Blood Dragon "Kagutsuchi" cruiser, and stared at the viewing monitor which overlooked the space surrounding it.

Excluding the Chin.Chou cruiser itself, the clan had four gunboats, three captured transports where two of them were supertransports and the other a battletransport, four 'hegemon' mining transports, sixteen freighters, and about five scores of fighters, only seven of them bombers.

What's interesting was that every ship was outfitted with just enough armor to be satisfactorily-called as such. Not to increase agility or performance or anything, but that every ship had been gutted to sacrifice protection to maximize living space. Each transport carried the equivalent of small towns, freighters and gunboats connecting directly to their holds to house entire extended families, and even the fighters had their own beds and toiletries. Even the Chin.Chou itself was home to about nearly three extended families to the third generation, not just of the crew's marines and engineers, but of their families and children as well.

Every Kazushi clan vessel here was outfitted to be a house in some form... Every vessel, a home in some aspect or another...

"Why do the Kazushi live like Zoners, Bouei Kantai Taishou //Defense Fleet Admiral// Osataba?" remarks the newly-christened leader of the Kazushi to his second-in-command, Osataba Kazushi.

The more senior Kazushi replied without looking at Tamiya, "The Kazushi clan used to be a small hodge-podge of Kusari's vagabonds... The eccentrics who thought life within a planet was limiting. The Blood Dragons, naturally in need of more bodies, invited the fledgling group into their stead. The integration was fairly easy, since we didn't require any of Kyoto Base's already-limited housing space, and we use our own means to sustain ourselves. It's not an easy way of life, but the bonds between our brethren are tight-knit, and the clan has numerously made its renown as the birthplace of some of the Blood Dragons' best space marines.

"However, It's quite strange that Sougou-Kantai Gensui //Combined-Fleet Marshal// Kicho wrote in his will for you to be our new leader. Not to downplay your service or anything, Kazushi-Dachiko Tamiya, but to be elected leader long before you were even part of the clan..."

"It is strange, yes... But..."

He stepped forward, looking closer with heavy eyes at the numerous ships now under his command. "The times I met with Sougou-Kantai Gensui Kicho, he had this strange glint in his eyes that spoke pages of his confidence in me. I could've easily called for backup and apprehended him and his fighter the first time we met, but... He somehow knew I couldn't do it. It's like he read my mind and knew I'd be willing to cooperate with him on taking down the Hogoshan lords."

"Sougou-Kantai Gensui Kicho..." Osataba stepped forward as well. "... He always was a strange man. He had this sort of 'otherworldy' premonition of being able to move fleets of ships to the right place at the right time.

"He had this grand plan that one day, the Kazushi would have to... 'become ronin' to ensure their continued survival, whatever that meant,"
he chuckled to himself. "... But that he'd stress he wouldn't be able to see it through."

"Strange, indeed... But with the times I've worked together with Sougou-Kantai Gensui Kicho and the Blood Dragons in general, I can clearly see the noble goals you have here, the hope to dethrone the long-corrupt Samura and restoring the rightful Emperor to Kusari's throne.

"By my honor as Kazushi-Dachiko, I swear to honorably serve this clan, and the Blood Dragons, with every ounce of my spirit and cemeter of my raitokatana, as the new Daimyo, and as its Sougou-Kantai Gensui. I hope I shall be deserving of the honor of my position, Kantai Taishou //Fleet Admiral// Osataba."

The new leader clenched a tight fist to place upon his heart...

"... I hope so too... Sougou-Kantai Gensui Tamiya..."

The daimyo thumbed his chin in thought. To be placed this much responsibility in such little time and with so little merit to back his words up...

... Oh, Sachiko, he thought. I hope you're still doing well, back in Kyushu...

He then began his first order. "Please rally the other Kantai Taishou for a counsel. We have much to discuss, particularly about the current state of the Kazushi Fleet..."

<<<>>>

RE: The Way of the Blood Ronin: an indie RP - Mr.Fabulous - 08-06-2018

<<<

[05.08.825AS 07:54:54] >>> Sirius Meteorological Institute confirms approaching ION storm will reach Sirius in 5 minutes. Proceed to nearest docking facility at best speed.

<<< PRESENT DAY >>>

"Hahahahah! Looks like we've avoided capture from the LN in the nick of time."

In the midst of the Blood Ronin and their families cheering in unison, the 43-year-old Tamiya breathes a sigh of relief to himself as the Togo-class battleship Aokigahara narrowly escapes the clutches of the Overlord-class dreadnought LNS-Glendale despite its cloak-disrupting capabilities.

The battleship now safe, it cruises into the Nordheide asteroid field.

::: "That is relieving to hear. I should break the comms now, ion storms are harsh..." ::: Felicity Willing, the Lane Hacker they've met by strange circumstance back in Ames, suddenly cuts the secure channel first.

Tamiya frowns at the without-warning break, wondering if they'd meet again as she believed, or fearing if this might actually be the last time they'll ever cross paths again.

Taking the opportunity, he presses the comms button one last time, and selects the private message box option to her voicemail.

He smiles...

::: "The Aokigahara will have to weather the ion storm alone. We will be forever grateful for your aid... Miss Willing." :::

<<< 3 Minutes Later >>>

::: "... Bouei Kantai Taishou-tono reports five hundred and thirteen Cloaking Batteries still in the inventory, Gensui-sama." :::

::: The man in the monitor of the bridge comms bows once to the Combined-Fleet Marshal before continuing, "The cloak disruption hasn't done any permanent damage to the cloaking device, no repairs are necessary. Kamotsu Kantai Taishou-tono reports that we still have roughly six months' worth of nourishment supplies, and we also have seven Bounty Hunters Guild and eight Liberty Rogue pilots currently being interrogated by the Bouei Kantai Taishou-tono. :::

::: "While the families were a bit shaken from the sudden appearance of the dreadnought, I'm happy to report that Blood Ronin hopes are still high so far. :::

::: "Saikutsu Kantai Taishou-tono's expedition is currently scouring Nordheide for any signs of mineable materials, but Rheinland comms interceptions indicate the asteroid field is barren. He'll call in the expedition if the ships still don't find anything by thirty minutes from now. :::

::: "... That is all from the Blood Ronin fleet report, Gensui-sama."
:::

"Excellent work, Minkan Kantai Taishou. Please organize the other Kantai Taishou for another counsel at ten-hundred hours SMT to help chart our next course of action."

::: "Hai, Sougou-Kantai Gensui-sama. Minkan Kantai Taishou, out." The man bows one more time before the camera before he closes the monitor. :::

Combined-Fleet Marshal Tamiya takes in a deep breath, then lets it out in a soft grunt as he turns around. "Jyunshou Aki, please take the deck."

The Commadore acknowledges the order with a bow and relieves Tamiya as the latter exits the bridge, sealing the door behind him.

One arm folded in front of him while the other hand thumbs his chin in thought, Tamiya walks through the wide yet crowded halls of the Aokigahara. Absentmindedly-shuffling through the children lining the corridors while smiling and saluting to those with the courtesy to greet the grand admiral, his eyes are more fixated on the thoughts for the future:

"... The people who call themselves Natio Octavarium.
"The story i've heard from you tells me you might get along with them.
"Perhaps it will give you the exact proper purpose you're looking for..."

He lifts one leg to step over a stooping child playing with some toy cars. His mother bows and apologizes profusely in her child's stead. He doesn't mind, he gestures to the lady, children will be children after all. After that slightly-amusing circumstance, he immerses himself once more in his thoughts:

"... We were hoping to head instead to the Rheinland lower regions,
in the hopes to be as far from Kusari, though.
"With the brewing war between Kusari and Rheinland,
it seems like an opportune moment for us to slip by unnoticed...."

"We were this close... 'this' close to a civil war,
and we've heard that even with our leave,
another clan's taking arms against fellow brothers...!
"You've heard of the Ando clan?
"They do not understand how precarious the Blood Dragons are in terms of focus...!"

A fist pounds at the metallic wall of the corridor he was in, the built-up rage too much to keep in check. It's only after he takes a moment to double-take that he finds himself having accidentally scared the folks around him.

A pang of shame washes over his already-heavy heart...

A more curious than intimidated child steps forward, hugging his teddy bear tightly in front of him as he asks, "What's wrong, Gensui-sama?"

Tamiya frowns and pauses at the child's consideration. He quickly replaces it with a soft smile, then bends down to place a gentle hand on the kid's shoulder. "Gensui-sama was... thinking of some people, back in Kusari. Bad people, who wished to still fight against the Blood Shogun, despite us having tried to avoid that very bad thing by being here."

"Well... Why don't we go back and get them, Gensui-sama? Maybe we forgot some people, and they're just waiting for us to pick them up?"

"We're 'considering' to convince the Ando their fight is folly and unnecessary,
and to either join us to prevent bloodshed...
"Or simply open better communication with the Shogun for better diplomatic promise."

"Well, i assume i might wish you the best of luck, then.
"Your goals in that regard might be somewhat noble."

"We'll need more than luck, I'm afraid.
We'll need the tides of fortune in our favor."

"Fortune is... flexible. To say the least."

"... Gensui-sama?"

"O-Oh, uhm... Sorry, I uhm... You have a point, little one. But as much as we'd like to return, it's not safe to do so right now. We have to keep hiding from the bad Blood Dragons looking for us."

Tamiya points at the child's heart before the latter could have the chance to frown, then with a big grin he says, "Will you help teddy bear-san and okasan hide from the bad Blood Dragons, little one?"

"Hai! You can count on me, Gensui-sama!" The boy salutes, and goes away to play with his teddy bear again. His mother comes by to bow apologetically, but Tamiya chides and jokes about the child's good nature, making her giggle gratefully as he moves further down the halls.

Eventually, he stops in front of a door. It opens on its own by a couple of crewmembers having finished their meals.

They immediately salute their marshal upon spotting him, to which he salutes back, and puts them at ease, only wishing to have a proper meal before retiring to his quarters, he explains. After the two crew side-step around the marshal, Tamiya reaches out a hand to open the automatic doors...

... then takes a big whiff of the battleship's cafeteria, sighing with a grin at the smell of today's menu..!

>>>

RE: The Way of the Blood Ronin: an indie RP - Mr.Fabulous - 08-27-2018

<<< 825 A.S., August 23, Omega-55 System >>>

[Image: Blood_Ronin_Logo2.png]

Weeks have passed since the Blood Ronin separated themselves from the Blood Dragons' centuries-long strife with Kusari, journeying aboard their mothership, the Battleship 'Aokigahara'.

After having narrowly escaped capture from the Liberty Navy and hearing no response from the western Zoners for safe refuge, the Blood Ronin changed their minds and headed southeastwards to the Omegas and Omicrons.

Soon, they reached the near-abandoned Junker base, Bornholm Depot. There the Junkers provided food, supplies and rearmament, so long as the Blood Ronin aided the local residents with a few... errands.

This short tale details one of those errands...

[Image: Blood_Ronin_Logo2.png]
The Blood Ronin