Discovery Gaming Community
Private Message for: Rick Tiltman - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Private Message for: Rick Tiltman (/showthread.php?tid=163498)

Private Message for: Rick Tiltman - Sand_Spider - 08-07-2018

*Airing Voice Broadcast. . .*
*Signal Origination: Culebra Smelter, Puerto Rico*
*Correspondence from Sandra Carter*

Howdy there, Rick.

So.. I guess I'm gonna be stickin'round fer jus' a tad bit longer.

Firs' things first: I reckon that one've the last things I take care of before leavin' the Congress'll be this transmission right 'ere. I recognize the voice in that transmission, jus' not the name; I think he's the guy who helped me with one've my firs' shipments'ta the Blood Dragons in Kusari.

Do we build space telescopes? I reckon we'd maybe have access 'ta communications satellites, but I reckon I'll ask about if'n we got any've those layin' around. If we've got the means'ta build (or haul) both, I'll go ahead an' tag that professor back.

As a side note: I don't think I want a hand in the refit of former-administrator Hanamura's Aquilon, anymore. It turns out she ain't exactly the sort've person I'd like'ta associate with; I guess I'm jus' more morally white than grey 'ta agree with her ideals. My share've the credits fer securin' that deal's up fer grabs - I ain't interested in any've it, anymore.

Also, wha'dya know about that Zoner group've scientists callin' themselves Ingenuus? Specifically, d'ya know anything about Doc James Erzie? I've done a lil' research on the Ingenuus myself. They seem'ta be a bunch've intellectuals pursuin' the answers'ta life's mysteries, away from the boundaries've House society.

'Reason I ask is 'cause I've got one've their sciencey group slingin' a communication my way. Are they a group'ta be worried about, or am I okay'ta speak with 'em? I know our morals don' exactly match tit-fer-tat Rick, but I figure yer the guy who'd know if someone's either squeaky clean, or slightly stained, if 'ya get me.

That last one's especially important, Rick. If'n 'ya need time 'ta look in'ta the satellite an' telescope, tha's fine by me, but I'd appreciate an answer about Doc Erzie and the Ingenuus Group as soon as 'ya can manage.

I uh,

I may have stumbled in'ta somethin' that Erzie wants. I'm jus' bein' cautious, is all.

I'll talk at'cha soon, Rick.

~~Happy Trails
~Sandra Carter

RE: Private Message for: Rick Tiltman - Vulkhard Muller - 08-09-2018

.:Incoming Transmission:.
.:Comm ID: Rick Tiltman:.
.:Topic: Some Help:.

[Image: mike-wolfe-703111l-poza.jpg]

Just when I thought you had gone and quit on me...

Well don't worry I don't hold grudges. Things are getting crazy in Bering so I apologize for the frankness of this reply in advance.

If you want to handle that comm that's fine with me we do dabble in satellites from time to time we are far from experts however we do know the experts, I suggest well funnily enough, Ingenuus Research Group. However, before we go through all that see if what they need is anything we can provide, I trust you to handle it well enough. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

As for Hanamura, I understand your feelings, and I will assign another congressmen take charge from here or I will just handle it my self.

While I personally have never met James, I do know that their Brand Wright was working with us on a project regarding the Puerto Rican Rift. They are respectful and do their jobs with professionalism and I would vouch for their trustworthiness. I'll be honest, their a secretive bunch but they never rubbed me the wrong way. Take a chance, I wouldn't be concerned about them. You will never get any where without a little gamble.

If you need anything else feel free to holler at me.

Rick Tiltman,
Arbiter

RE: Private Message for: Rick Tiltman - Sand_Spider - 08-12-2018

*Signal Origination: Junker's Town*

Hey Rick!

So, lemme start off by sayin' that I appreciate the response an' answers to my earlier questions. It turns out that Professor Regis is lookin' fer a standard Comm-Satellite; the kind that covers transmissions sent within a single star system. He may, dependin' on circumstances at a later date, order up a full-blown communications array and installation.

But, anywho. I think I'd be kind've remiss not 'ta share what I found with 'ya, since yer the glue that holds the Congress together.

I found an Old Depot in some new system that's connected 'ta New Hampshire. While I ain't sure what the place is called, it's where the Bremen jump connection in New Hampshire used 'ta be. The depot had, uh, stuff in it, as well as attached to it. The weird thing is? There was an old pre-war (Lib-Rhein) era Uruz moored with the place. Besides that, an' a pretty good chunk've data of the scientific variety, there won't much else.

Then a few days later, that's when Doc' Erzie of Ingenuus reaches out 'ta me an' Professor Regis (Seems he found a similar installation that I did!). Apparently, whatever each've us found in/attached to our bases are connected, someway. Of the two things I found, I'm bettin' the ship I found is what they're lookin' fer. Basically, Erzie found some sort've... Cache, he tells me, but he can't get in'ta it, an' it ain't apparently guarded by anything.

Part've me didn' wanna get the Congress involved in this, but my gut's tellin' me that I ought'a at least mention it. That way, if I uh, somehow go missin' in the next few days, ye'll have a lead on where'ta check in on me.

I may be walkin' in'ta some sort've trap. Or, I might not, an' I'm bein' paranoid. But a healthy dose of caution, I reckon, is handy when takin' a gamble.

I'll be takin' my sis' Becky with me, plus an outside contact that Becky recommended to me as a scout. Erzie'll have some security of his own; Regis'll have himself at least, an' then there's one more group involved: Auxesia. I ain't none too sure what 'ta expect with them; they seem okay-ish, from what the Doc' tells me. Still, I reckon that havin' the Arbiter've the Congress along'll help 'ta add to our side's "presence" in the matter - If'n yer interested in comin' with us.

Whatever's in this cache, I'd like'ta at least keep a portion've it out've the wrong kinds've hands.

That said, this'll either be a cake-walk easy-peasy loot-fer-the-takin' sort've deal, orrrrr we'll all end up bein' shot by whatever's waitin' fer us all.

What'cha say, Rick? Would'ja join me on what may be my final adventure as a Junker?

Get back 'ta me soon as 'ya can - We're gonna be headin' out within the next 24 hours.

~~Happy Trails
~Sandra Carter

RE: Private Message for: Rick Tiltman - Vulkhard Muller - 08-12-2018

.:Incoming Transmission:.
.:Comm ID: Rick Tiltman:.
.:Topic: Sorry!:.

*Rick is looking more dishevel then usual and it is clear he just woke up*

Damnit, I forgot to reply to this thing, Sorry!

I'll be there! I'm leaving Puerto Rico now just let me know where we are meetings I'll find it from there!

*he trips over a large sign on the ground causing a small slide of various pieces of junk*

Oh Son of a....!

Transmission Ended

RE: Private Message for: Rick Tiltman - Sand_Spider - 08-12-2018

*Signal Origination: Junker's Town*

Rick?

Geez, y'pick an odd time'ta reply! Don' leave Puerto Rico, yet - I'm still there, myself. I'm waitin' on my sis' an' one more outside contact 'ta arrive, then we'll all head out together.

~~Happy Trails
~Sandra Carter