Discovery Gaming Community
To: Covenant of Auxesia | From: Natio Octavarium - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Covenant of Auxesia | From: Natio Octavarium (/showthread.php?tid=163626)

To: Covenant of Auxesia | From: Natio Octavarium - Kazinsal - 08-11-2018

[ Incoming Transmission ]

[Image: Harold-Kane.png]

Identification: Taskmaster Harold Kane
Affiliation: Natio Octavarium, Fourth Fleet

To: Covenant of Auxesia
CC: Octavarium Intelligence Commission

Subject: Pardonnez-moi?
Encryption: Quite

Good evening,

Having now had a few hours to process what happened in Tau-44 this evening I have come to the conclusion that I needed to send a communication off to clarify some things.

Namely, what on God's green earths possessed you to bring a known-stolen, most-wanted battleship to an unarmed, unshielded civilian space colony, fully suspecting that you could be followed by the Liberty goddamn Security Force, then after we had that problem "dealt with", you brought a second warship and later threatened to destroy a researcher and any present parties who were opposed to this idea including agents of the Bretonian Crown whom I am very much interested in not having blown up in my space?

All while being within spitting distance of said unarmed, unshielded, rather ancient civilian space colony, I remind you.

I'm hoping this is just an epic-level stumble and not a trend, though based on the threats the CO of the Eidolon Wraith levied at the SIS agents present, I'm mighty concerned it's leaning towards the latter.

Regards,
Taskmaster Harold Kane
Fourth Octavarium Fleet

[ Transmission Ended ]

RE: To: Covenant of Auxesia | From: Natio Octavarium - Kauket - 08-11-2018

[Image: 3WWcT45.png]

»INCOMING TRANSMISSION«

» COMM-ID: Keeper Revenant
» ENCRYPTION: Secure
» LOCATION: ???
» SUBJECT:-

»STARTING MESSAGE«

Ah-ah-ahh.

[waggles finger]

Quote:[11.08.2018 06:49:39] A/)-ACV-Eidolon.Wraith: You accept that offer and we will engage you.
[11.08.2018 06:49:42] A/)-ACV-Eidolon.Wraith: Moon.

I said I would hurt Moon and Moon alone - not you - not any of the Agents - not any of your people. As for why the Andraste was there, I'd never know personally. The Wraith comes and goes as it does, we collect data, and truthfully I never knew the Natio Octavarium had a presence strong enough to claim Tau-44, I am under the impression that it is still Crayterian Space.

Now. That threat was a display to get the opportunity to talk, which in the end that was achieved. I just needed to know who they were, and that I am being serious when I ask them that. I do not take deception lightly. You did not know this, or perhaps you could figure out from the silence, but we spoke with them and found out who they are.

Threatening with death can do wonders and make people spill the most wonderous of information, but what good would it have brought me if I destroyed that Corvo? Yes. I could have taken the route of kindness and consideration, but history has taught me otherwise, and if you must know, they left the space willingly and are free to go with their research.

[[ENDING TRANSMISSION]]

RE: To: Covenant of Auxesia | From: Natio Octavarium - Kazinsal - 08-11-2018

[ Incoming Transmission ]

[Image: Harold-Kane.png]

Identification: Taskmaster Harold Kane
Affiliation: Natio Octavarium, Fourth Fleet

To: Covenant of Auxesia
CC: Octavarium Intelligence Commission

Subject: RE: Pardonnez-moi?
Encryption: Quite

Right then. Let's break this down.

You flew two very large, very heavily armed flagships into the Tau-44 system, one of which tracked Libertonian spooks right to our doorstep, and then did absolutely nothing about it.

You levied accusations of treasonous acts at agents of the Bretonian Secret Intelligence Service.

You did THAT while holding a literal spread of cannons at the head of a researcher and effectively committing an act of piracy against him.

You did ALL of this within visual range of a foreign civilian installation in foreign space VERY far from home where you have previously been run out by the other locals, and in front of literally a dozen witnesses from multiple houses and factions around Sirius.

You then follow up by insulting us and our small yet proud nation when we call you out on it.

If you wish to consider the Tau-44 system to be Crayterian space, then next time you are in it you may be required to deal with the Crayter Military, who I will mention is a lot less forgiving of the presence of foreign warships in the system than we are. Or, we can revert to being pleasant and respectful of one another's space, and you can keep the battleships and shooting away from our civilians and not hold researchers hostage in our system.

Taskmaster Harold Kane
Fourth Octavarium Fleet

[ Transmission Ended ]

RE: To: Covenant of Auxesia | From: Natio Octavarium - Kauket - 08-11-2018

[Image: 3WWcT45.png]

»INCOMING TRANSMISSION«

» COMM-ID: Keeper Revenant
» ENCRYPTION: Secure
» LOCATION: ???
» SUBJECT:-

»STARTING MESSAGE«

Oh, don't be silly, they were never held hostage. If I wanted the cargo, I would have destroyed them on sight. I wouldn't worry about the SIS, Taskmaster, we had some squabbles concerning an incident stemming from Omicron Gamma, but I'm certain it was an error on their end and that we hold no hostilities against them or Bretonia.

Speaking about these large gigantic ships, don't you think it's a bit futile to chase down two small fightercraft in them? And I must repeat, I do not have full control of the Andraste nor do I know why they were here but obviously our intentions were not hostile to you, infact, I thought Leviathan was here on a social call to you while passing by. I did not deface your nation nor assault the civilian installation.

If you feel offended and invaded, then I am sorry. I personally have no interest in the Tau-44 sector Finding traffickers for Nomadic materials is /very/ dangerous at times and caution must /always/ be taken. For all you know, within the next second, an infectee or a desperate agent could overload a cell and cause massive damage. Azurite is a very dangerous component that can do wonders and chaos.

I'd rather not see Liberty Rogues with alien technology from the blackmarket at the end of the day. I hope you understand that.

[[ENDING TRANSMISSION]]