Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery advert + Install instructions video - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Discovery advert + Install instructions video (/showthread.php?tid=163699)

Pages: 1 2

Discovery advert + Install instructions video - Avalanche - 08-13-2018

Evenin'

I've been working on a new video for Discovery / Freelancer. My last (BORING!) installation video in 2017 currently has just under 3k views.

I have so far made this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HPbgaHqk-s&t

I have two questions

1. Can the in-game shots be improved in your opinion?
2. Can the install instructions be improved in your opinion?

Cheers

RE: Discovery advert + Install instructions video - Nerva Regis - 08-13-2018

Evenin'

I really like the in-game footage; the music also fits those shots. Also, disco installation is kinda straightforward, I don't think you could do more that what you already have.

Cheers!

RE: Discovery advert + Install instructions video - Unseelie - 08-13-2018

I think this is very exciting.

You seem to have used a lot of vanilla content in your intro video, Consider getting some shots of, say, Sigma 59, or the gas giant system in Coronado, or Shinagawa (probably misspelled that in NT), all of which are things the community has added to the game. A Benzaiten going to cruise...Nightmare missiles, Thuringia, or the scorcher effects,

All of those things I've listed are just, some of my favorite features of the mod.

Great work

RE: Discovery advert + Install instructions video - evanz - 08-13-2018

pretty good quality

but

at 41 seconds is it supposed to be backwards??!?

RE: Discovery advert + Install instructions video - Nerva Regis - 08-13-2018

(08-13-2018, 07:14 PM)evanz Wrote: pretty good quality

but

at 41 seconds is it supposed to be backwards??!?

I also noticed that, I assumed it was in order to obscure chat. (not the greatest method, I know)

RE: Discovery advert + Install instructions video - Sand_Spider - 08-13-2018

You may wish to cut out the part with Cayman, since that system has (regrettably) been removed from the game. It may be a bad idea to tempt someone with a system they see, then for them to find out later that they can't even go there, anymore (That reminds me: The Disco front-page with the Lich in Cayman ought to be replaced, as well).

I like the idea of getting some more shots of Discovery-added content, such as systems, ships (both with and without custom animations), and weapon effects.

Perhaps getting some footage of the soon-to-occur Core vs. Hessians fight may be a good mix of PvP + showing off a Discovery-exclusive system?

There are also plenty of skirmishes going on right now in Sigma-21 between Rheinland and Kusari during peak hours. I'd recommend checking that out and getting a few seconds of footage there, as well, especially if cap missiles are involved!

Oh, and some footage of battle transports would be neat, as well. One with flaks deflecting some projectiles, perhaps?

RE: Discovery advert + Install instructions video - Avalanche - 08-13-2018

My mistake with the reversed video. It was not intentional. It was a poor 720p video anyway so I'll source a better one.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I'll take it onboard. My initial thought was to show basic vanilla (+ some discovery) stuff as it'll resonate most with FL players wanting to play again.

Thanks again all!

RE: Discovery advert + Install instructions video - Antonio - 08-13-2018

Always nice to see people making tutorials. Keep it up.

RE: Discovery advert + Install instructions video - Avalanche - 08-14-2018

Thanks! Hopefully it gets a lot of views and brings in new and old players.

RE: Discovery advert + Install instructions video - Laz - 08-14-2018

You take screenshots in SP, make a second installation of FL that you can mod to make things a bit nicer on the graphics front. When getting game footage of MP fly around on an ooRP ship and ignore everyone. Add -nochat into your launcher's optional arguments to remove the chat from the game.