Discovery Gaming Community
[SUGGESTION]Capital ship explosion - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: [SUGGESTION]Capital ship explosion (/showthread.php?tid=163823)

Pages: 1 2

[SUGGESTION]Capital ship explosion - Piombo65 - 08-17-2018

During some gameplay, I noticed that when the hull life of a capital ship goes to 0 and it begins to explode (before to do it completely), some capital ships (like the Osiris, if I remember) do NOT lose all his guns completely, being able to fight for some other second despite it should be dead some time ago.

Even excluding this negligible problem, I'd like to propose something of more realistic and amazing (according to me): When the capital ship (here, when I say Capital ship, I mean every ship that have a explosion animation before to die completely) reach the "Hull breach" point, the ship begins to explode, having some fire effect around his model (like the current one) and WITHOUT losing his loadout. When the hull reachs 0, it instantly explode; like snubs that take fire on low life points and then they instantly die at 0 hull (without launch the model to somewhere after the death, of course).

RE: [SUGGESTION]Capital ship explosion - Mr.Fabulous - 08-17-2018

To be fair, the hull reaching 0 means that the capship has its reactor irreversibly breached. Capships are not only large, but have room for numerous redundancies compared to smaller craft, so it might take longer for the systems to collapse one by one. Plus, a second more before instant meltdown when the reactor is breached means a critical second more for crew to eject safely.

Plus, it's also badass for thy example of an osiris having a few seconds more to go out in a blazing glory. Paints a picture for perhaps the captain and a few crewmembers going down with the ship.

RE: [SUGGESTION]Capital ship explosion - Sombs - 08-17-2018

I'd just take a few hitpoints away from ships with active explosion animations. Not much, just the amount of average damage they can deal in those few seconds, which is really not much. Have fun finding out the average tho

RE: [SUGGESTION]Capital ship explosion - Piombo65 - 08-17-2018

another idea consisted in exploding istantly the ship when the life reaches 0 BUT leaving the static model in space for a limited time like a wreck. So it could be more realistic.

(08-17-2018, 10:49 AM)Mr.Fabulous Wrote: Plus, it's also badass for thy example of an osiris having a few seconds more to go out in a blazing glory. Paints a picture for perhaps the captain and a few crewmembers going down with the ship.

Yeah, and at the same time I see a post like "I managed to escape before the explosion".

RE: [SUGGESTION]Capital ship explosion - Titan* - 08-17-2018

(08-17-2018, 08:59 AM)Piombo65 Wrote: ome capital ships (like the Osiris, if I remember) do NOT lose all his guns completely, being able to fight for some other second despite it should be dead some time ago.
thats easy to fix maybe report that to bug thread so they can fix it

RE: [SUGGESTION]Capital ship explosion - Emperor Tekagi - 08-17-2018

I honestly don't think this point of the Osiris should be removed. It exists not only with this ship but with others too.
It is actually a cool thing and in addition to a burning animation/earlier starting explosion animation would look great.

@Piombo65 that people claim "Escaped before the explosion" is normal, even if the Captain and a few crewmembers would stay in such a situation. People don't like losing their chars over PvP right? So stating this is a bit out of place XD

RE: [SUGGESTION]Capital ship explosion - Piombo65 - 08-17-2018

(08-17-2018, 12:36 PM)NieRdackel Wrote: I honestly don't think this point of the Osiris should be removed. It exists not only with this ship but with others too.
It is actually a cool thing and in addition to a burning animation/earlier starting explosion animation would look great.

@Piombo65 that people claim "Escaped before the explosion" is normal, even if the Captain and a few crewmembers would stay in such a situation. People don't like losing their chars over PvP right? So stating this is a bit out of place XD

Indeed.....

RE: [SUGGESTION]Capital ship explosion - johndo58 - 08-17-2018

I have a Mako Core B/S and it's guns stop fireing well before the big bang!

RE: [SUGGESTION]Capital ship explosion - Piombo65 - 08-19-2018

at least don't we add some fire effect on capital ships with low life like on snubs and transports?

RE: [SUGGESTION]Capital ship explosion - Hubjump - 08-22-2018

I like the long explosions. but if it damaged snubs that'd be cool.