Discovery Gaming Community
Why does BAF Guard IFF read red to BAF friendlies? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Why does BAF Guard IFF read red to BAF friendlies? (/showthread.php?tid=163895)

Why does BAF Guard IFF read red to BAF friendlies? - OrignlGaminGeneration(OGG) - 08-19-2018

I was in Dublin engaging Gallic and [MLA] ships then afterwards I had a BAF snub attacking me. I was going to start RP then shooting and I noticed the player was green on hud so I scanned him and he was BAF ID. I asked why he was shooting me and he said "you are red in my hud."

Auzari said (in Shout Box) it was probably because I was showing BAF Guard IFF. I would like to know why BAF Guard IFF shows red to half of Bretonia. This is for my own understanding so I can convey this to someone else if I ever run into someone that is having the same problem. Please enlighten me or point me to the Thread that will. Thank you.

RE: Why does BAF Guard IFF read red to BAF friendlies? - Thunderer - 08-19-2018

Guard reps shouldn't even exist and most have been removed so far, and even if someone is red to you, it doesn't mean you should shoot him. The ID is what matters, not the IFF. If that player shot at you, and your IDs were allies, then he has broken the ID rules.

RE: Why does BAF Guard IFF read red to BAF friendlies? - Skorak - 08-19-2018

The few remaining guard IFFs are all for restricted military zones. with some exceptions. Guard IFFs are always for areas that even allies shouldn't enter.

Maybe player ships should not have those at all.

RE: Why does BAF Guard IFF read red to BAF friendlies? - Settra - 08-19-2018

Red or not you'd think a player would check to make sure they are shooting the right person.

Especially if he's shooting a HMS tagged battleship.

RE: Why does BAF Guard IFF read red to BAF friendlies? - OrignlGaminGeneration(OGG) - 08-19-2018

(08-19-2018, 05:11 PM)Thunderer Wrote: Guard reps shouldn't even exist and most have been removed so far, and even if someone is red to you, it doesn't mean you should shoot him. The ID is what matters, not the IFF. If that player shot at you, and your IDs were allies, then he has broken the ID rules.
Yes he did. He stopped when I told him that i was BAF ID and to scan my ID. Me being in a Dunkirk should of given him a clue to scan for my ID in the first place. All he asked was "Why are you RED to me?" I told him I would ask in Forums.

RE: Why does BAF Guard IFF read red to BAF friendlies? - OrignlGaminGeneration(OGG) - 08-19-2018

(08-19-2018, 05:13 PM)Skorak Wrote: The few remaining guard IFFs are all for restricted military zones. with some exceptions. Guard IFFs are always for areas that even allies shouldn't enter.

Maybe player ships should not have those at all.
Good to know. Doesn't Bretonia have restricted area ID called BIS?

RE: Why does BAF Guard IFF read red to BAF friendlies? - Zyliath - 08-19-2018

The BIS ID falls under the category of the governmental intelligence agencies, like their House counterparts:

- LSF (Liberty Security Force)
- KPT (Kempeitai)
- BDM (Buro der Marinenachrichtendist)
- GRI (Gallic Royal Intelligence)